Twelve

We Got a Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

episode 6’s teaser

 

“Soojung!” Jongin’s scream echoed ‘thru out the room

“Ppali ppali!!” the woman’s voice sounds worry as hell

“Jongin-ah no! We still have one show, we’ll see her later!!”

 

A mini screen in studio was showing a glimpse of tense atmosphere behind the stage when EXO Sehun drags his friend out of the crowd. Somebody was lying on the stretcher. Somebody passed out and people around him/her looked so damn tense and worry, especially Jongin.

 

MC 1 : Omo what happened to them? Who are they carrying?

MC 3 : Krystal?, omo it’s her! What happened to her? Aigoo Soojungie *hand over mouth

 

… then minutes later, MBC studio turned tense with all eyes fixed on the screen.

 

Shanghai Gymnasium, China

9 pm

An hour left to the end of SM Town concert that filled with thousands fans. 4 FX members were already standby at the backstage, awaiting their turn to perform after Red Velvet finishes their last song.

 

“Are you serious about this?” Jongin decided to stay beside his virtual wife though the other exo members already left and gather inside their dressing room. He concerned about her health. He knew she felt terribly tired and unwell these days.

 

“Gwenchana oppa” Soojung tried to ignore the cameramen who was faithfully follow them everywhere.

 

Yes, they were on screen. Though Soojung desperately wanted to break for awhile, she knew she couldn’t do it. It’s her job – their job. So there she was, trying so hard to look cool while the other way her husband Kim Jongin looked so tense and worried as hell.

 

“Yya, don’t lie Jungie-ya. Your face look so pale”

Soojung let a small laugh to calm him down, “Yya u’re the one who scared me, Jongin-ah. We’re just going to sing 3 songs then it’s over”

 

MC 1 : Aigooo she looks so pale. Why she didn’t obey her husband to cancel the performance, huh?

MC 2 : Professional, she just being professional.

 

“Jongin was right, Soojung-ah. You shouldn’t perform. You just finished filming and stayed up to take care of your sick daughter. This will only worsen your health, Soojung-ah” this time the leader Vic eomma who tried to convince her maknae with Luna nodding agreed.

“Hey chill guys, I’m okay. We don’t have Sulli now and it will be a mess without me too. I promise I’ll be fine” She faked a smile.

“You all know how stubborn Jung Soojung is,” with hand over her shoulder, Amber chuckled in surrender, “… so let her be”

 

“Okay FX stand by!!” SM road manager shouted to all 4 FX members, signaling them to get ready.

“Alright if you insisted, make sure you’re okay!” the leader then gather her members to give a brief, “It’s our turn girls! don’t fall, don’t make mistake and do the best” Then their forefingers met and shouted in unison

 

“FX!!”

 

Soojung made her way to Jongin before following her unnies to the stage, “I’ll be fine, oppa, I promise you”

 

Unfortunately, her sweet smile couldn’t erase the anxiety in him. He just nodded without saying a word. He didn’t know why he felt so worry toward her. So he decided to stay and monitoring FX performance ‘thru the television with Sehun and some staffs.

 

 

It was FX’s last performance, Red Light, when Soojung felt so dizzy and limp even fans could clearly see how unstable she was. She tried her best to sing and dance with sunglasses covering those tired eyes.

 

“Stay awake Soojung, don’t fall. Not now!” She sternly warned herself. God, all she needs is just to lie down with eyes closed. She needs rest, that’s all.

 

Soojung couldn’t bear it anymore. She rushed to the exit stairs when the music stopped and lights off. That was when she collapsed while walking down the stairs. Lucky enough FX manager managed to catch her and immediately carried her to the nearest tent.

 

“Soojung-ah!!” Kai ran to the corner stage where FX would exit with Sehun behind him. He felt limp and empty to see his wife in an almost lifeless state. She looked so pale with an oxygen cannula hooked up on her face.

 

“Ppali ppali!!” Meanwhile Victoria didn’t stop instructing the medics to help her maknae immediately.

“We need to bring her to the health room to get a more complete treatment” one of medic staff told them.

“Just do it!!” Jongin half shouted

 

MC 2 : Omo! Krytal-ssi what’s wrong with you? *with shock expression

MC 3 : She must be so tired, oh poor you Soojungie

MC 1 : Oh my God what a mess situation

 

Jongin was about to follow the medics when Sehun dragged him out of the crowd. “Jongin-ah don’t!”

“Let me go Sehun-ah, don’t you see how she is?!”

“I know, we know. But we still have ending performance. Don’t make Soojung dissapoint on you, Jongin-ah. She’s risking her life for professionalism” now the leader Suho who talked to him while Sehun still hugging him from behind.

“But hyung..”

“We’ll see her later, I promise you”

 

 

An hour later in medic’s room

 

The entire show was finally ended and Jongin took the opportunity to rush to the medic’s room where Soojung was temporarily rested. Thanks to PD-nim who has been kind enough to stop shooting until her condition improves. Even him and SM road manager also allow the EXO kid to visit her privately.

 

“Hey, you wake up?” his gentle voice greeted her eardrums just as she opened her eyes. Slowly she looked at the familiar man who was sitting at the bed side with his best friend, Taemin, standing at behind.

“Hmm”

Jongin held her arm when she tried to get up, “Just sleep Soojung-ah. You need rest”

“I’m fine, Jongin-ah, besides we still have filming for we got baby” she remind him while lying back on the bed.

“Aniya, PD-nim decided to hold our filming schedule until you get well. Don’t worry about it Soojung-ah, just rest well”

“Really? Ah thank God” she felt relieve somehow, “… then where’s my members? Why you guys here? Aren’t you supposed to be on stage? Soojung raised her eyebrow suspiciously as Taemin tried hold back his laughter when Jongin glared at him.

“Ask someone who worried like hell” Taemin smirked

“Nugu?”

“Who else?” biting his lower lip, Lee Taemin can’t help himself to tease the man besides him who already shot a death glare at him. Wrong way, Jongin-ah, wrong way. It only makes Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter