Six

We Got a Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 1 am, but Kai still can’t close his eyes. Although his body was very tired after a day of nonstop practice, he can’t force his eyes to shut. His mind was wandering everywhere, between his schedules, all s and Soojung. He immediately shook his head, trying to dislodge those strange thoughts that plague his mind, especially the last thought and once again he forced himself to get sleep.

 

Three minutes passed.

 

He failed. He really couldn’t sleep. He even had to open his eyes widely when he heard a blunt object is dropped, and that sound seemed to come from the kitchen. He frowned confused, trying to think clearly about the possibility of someone doing something in the kitchen at this late hour.

He got up and walked out of the room after wearing his slippery. His eyes opened wide when he saw someone was busy unpacking things in fridge alone.

“Soojungie?”

 

Jung Soojung almost jumped in surprise when  she heard that familiar baritone voice that she believes belongs to Kai. She fixed her position and turned to face him, grinning innocently.

“Op-oppa, y-you haven’t sleep?” She stammered, feel embarrassed at having been caught doing something secretly.

“What are you doing here?” Kai ignored her question as he walked closer to her. He chose to sat at dining chair while observing her unfinish activity.

“Searching some food to eat” She went straight to the point as she took a bottle of mayonaise and some fresh veggies from the fridge.

Kai was a bit surprised. “Seriously? At this hour?” His eyes were looking for wall clock to make sure what time it is.

Soojung nodded her head. “Yep”

“Then make  sure you’ve shut down all cctv or else people will badmouthing whatever you’re doing now” He seriously said while Soojung acted in contrary instead.

She was burst into laughter when she saw Kai got panic all of sudden. “Don’t worry oppa, I did and I’m not afraid of those comments besides they already know about this from the previous show that starred  by me and Sica unnie”

“Jinjja?”

“…” Soojung nodded confidentally.

“…and you’re not afraid of being fat?” He remained with his expression of amazement.

Once again she shook her head and smiled, “Nope. I love to eat and I always keep the body shape by exercising everyday”

“Diet? You must do that, right?” Kai said with a half-mocking tone as he sipped a glass of hot choco made by Soojung.

She chuckled, “Not at all. I never do that honestly. Like I said, I eat whatever I want and do exercise thereafter. For me, diet only makes me death in suffer” She ended it with laughter.

 

Kai was mesmerized with all she said. He found her different from any other girls. He knows that diet is a must for girls who always keeping their body shape. But Soojung didn’t do the same thing though her body shape is very wonderful. She even has abs on her stomach which sometimes she showed on stage. One new thing that makes him excited to get to know her further.

 

Kai joined her to  laugh. “Daebak, so I can freely take you eat anything, right?” He chuckled.

“Not everything, oppa. I’m not omnivorous either” She rolled her eyes before joining him to laugh happily. “Cupcake? I just took it out of the oven” She handed a tray with some choco cheese cupcake on it.

Without a doubt, he took it excitedly. “You made it?”

She nodded her head then lowered her head to hide her embarrassment.

“Seriously? Gosh Jung Soojung you surprise me!” He said while munching the food joyfully. He was silent for a moment to enjoy every bite of the cake that it feels good on his tongue. “It tastes so good!”

Her face turned red once Kai raised his thumb to appreciate her work. This is the first time someone besides her family tasting her cooking result. She felt shy yet proud at the same time, didn’t supect that it would be Kai who taste her food for the first time.

 

 

15 minutes later …

After spending 15 minutes to devour the entire foods and drinks in the kitchen, they switched to the living room to rest. Kai turned the tv while Soojung lay beside him lazily.

“Go to sleep in your room, Soojung-ah” Kai elbowed her arm softly while searching any good program to watch.

“Just a minute, I wanna watch tv for a while” She reasoned.

He chuckled to see her stubborness. “Yya, are you sure you have turned off all cctv?”

“Nde, I’ll turn it on in the morning” she mumbled.

Kai chuckled as he ruffled her hair playfully, “Then you’re in trouble miss Jung”

“tch, stop messing up my hair,  oppa”

Kai stopped bothering her and pretended to focus watching reruns of a boring drama while occasionally peeked her who is still pouted like a kid. He tried to hold back his laughter. He loves to bully her, as if it was a new hobby for him.

 

“Oppa, why can’t you sleep?” Soojung got up and sat next to him.

“Can not” He simply said.

“Wae? Didn’t you say you’re very tired after practice?” She frowned, still unsatisfied with his answer

Kai inhaled a deep breath and then blew it hard. His gloomy expression clearly said that there’s something disturbing his thoughts and it made her curious to know what it is.

Soojung was patiently waiting for him to speak as she observed his expression carefully. She didn’t want to force him though she wanted to know what was burdening his mind.

“Will you take this as secret?” He turned to look at her eyes directly.

She nodded. “If you want me to”

“Actually I’m a bit worried about EXO in the future after two cases that happened to us in the adjacent time” He paused, feeling hesitate to tell her further. Meanwhile Soojung is already guessed from the start that is what bothers him so much. It’s just that she wants to hear it straight from his mouth.

 

Realize this is an important and sensitive moment for him, Soojung fixed her position to directly face him as a sign that she really paid attention to every word he said. “Go on oppa” She assured him to continue whatever he wants to say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter