Almost-- (CH. 8 XLVI)

A secret place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This update is kind of long but they were just some details here and there, something to confuse the heck of you. Don't say I didn't warn ya. But this is kind of help, somehow. Thank you for still reading this CH. 8 though this is what's filling this 'oneshot' and 'multi-shot' collection ._. And the bad/good news (I don't know your POV so), this story wouldn't be ending soon. Though I could end it at it's 50th? Hmm, I don't know yet. But we'll see when we get there ;) Till the next update~ ENJOY!

 

--

 

"From the records inside the school, you're so diligent and obedient. But why does it not apply now?" He popped out of nowhere. He's back again. This scary ahjussi is here at school again. Why did he came back?  "It seems like you want it the hard way" added him as he put on that nasty smirk and walking towards me. 
 
"Don't come near!" I warned as I drop my bag on the floor and I ready myself to a stance. 
 
Right. I know Abuelito have clearly reminded us about fighting, but this one isn't counted. I know I won't be punished by him because this ugly ahjussi is going to hurt me. It's self-defense like my taekwondo teacher have taught us. 
 
"Feisty" Added him crossing his arm over his chest "May I remind you that you're barely as tall as I am? Do you know that I could beat you to a pulp?" 
 
"I'm not scared. I grew, so you can't scare me anymore" 
 
"Oh yeah" He leaned down and I backed off in case he'd advance a move on me "Like about 5 inches" 
 
"What do you want?" I asked and his expression changed. He wasn't smirking anymore. He turned serious before looking at me and grabbing me by the waist and lifting to his shoulder. I  tried punching and kicking him wherever I could but all of my moves were futile. He's way too strong and big for me to handle. "LET ME GO!!!!" I kept on punching his back while may legs sway upside down as I can't kick him anywhere. Hitting his shin would be the best, but I'm too little to reach it 
 
I don't know where he's going to take me but his steps were big and I can't see where he's going to take me. I tried screaming for help but it seemed like we're already meters away from school so no one listens to me. 
 
"Shut up" He warned shifting me on his hold to cover my mouth with a handkerchief but I used that as a chance to escape so I bit him hard until he softens. I fell on my and it hurts. "DA*N YOU!" He aimed to grab me but good thing I'm agile enough to dodge it. I didn't waste more time and ran away from him with no direction on mind.  
 
I kept running … running … and running … I want to save myself. I don't want to be taken by him! Why did I even left my bag? My phone is there!  
 
Mommy … 
 
Umma … 
 
Help me.  
 
"You're fast" He smirked, panting a little when he cornered me near the intersection. I almost saw the streets but he's fast. "And annoying" He was going to grab me again but I went in the middle of his legs and elbowing it sharply to make him stumble.  
 
I ran again. I kept running until I entered this ramyun shop nearby. He won't be able to catch me in here, right? 
 
"Nath!" Someone tapped me from behind and it made my heart race... Did … Did he follow me already? "Nath, It's me, Aunt Sunny" 
 
"Aunt!!!" I clung to her legs and cried. She could save me, right? She can call the cops, or at least, save me from that ahjussi "Aunt sunny. I … I don't know how to go home … I – My mommy …" 
 
"Hush now. I'll give your mommy a call. I hope she uses the same number though" I don't know what she said at all cause my wail is all I can hear. She carried me up and I hugged her tightly. 
 
 
-- 
 
"This is my friend's son. I don't know what, but he seemed troubled of something" I informed excusing myself to the group of friends I met in this ramyun restaurant as I still carry Nath in my arms. Good thing he stopped crying though. 
 
"Alright. We can always meet next time, see you soon" They smiled and told me to go ahead of them. 
 
"See you next time" I smiled before leaving with Nath. I can't reach Jessica so it's either she's busy or she have changed her number. Anyway it has been 5 or 6 years since the last time I actually had the chance to call her. Nonetheless I took Nath and buckled him up. Would he be okay that I don't have a baby sit? He's sleeping too. 
 

 
I laid Nath on my bed and tucked him in so he'd be more comfortable to sleep. As I head out of my room, I saw Seohyun walking towards the kitchen so I only asked her for a favor to give me a warm milk and a bread for him to eat later when he wakes up so I could give the company, blanc and eclare, a call. 
 
"Yes hello, Good afternoon. May I ask if Jessica, the Creative Designer, is there?" 
 
"May I ask who is asking of her whereabouts?" 
 
"Sunny. Is she in today?" 
 
"Ms. Sunny, Yes that Ms. Jung is in the office. However, she's not free to take calls or if ever, to have an meeting for the day" 
 
"I'm asking this as a favor. I know you wouldn't give her personal number so, can you put her on the line? It's personal" 
 
"I'd see what I can do" Paused her and after a few minutes she wasn’t the same person who talked 
 
"Yes hello? This is Jessica, speaking" 
 
"Uhm, Sica …" I called and it felt awkward. Specially for me. "I can't reach you by phone so I called via your company. I just want to inform you that I don't know if you still live in your shared apartment with Krystal since you weren't using the same number as before. I bumped to your son so I don't have any choice but to take him in" 
 
"Oh. I'm a little busy at work at the moment, can you take care of him longer? I'd finish this in 15 minutes – as soon as I can" 
 
"He's fine, don't worry and take your time. Do what you have to do and fetch him when you're done" 
 
"I'll give you a call" She replied breathing out in relief. Seemed like I called just in time that she's informed about his son's disappearance "Thank you, really. It means a lot to me" 
 
"You're welcome" 
 
 
"Unnie, You're lactose intolerant. What's the milk for? For sogum?" 
 
"No. It's for Nath" I answered taking the thermos of milk and the bread 
 
"Nath?" 
 
"Hmm, Jessica's son. He was sweating a lot when I saw him. He even cried to me for help" 
 
"For what reason?" 
 
"I don't know either" 
 
"Where is he?" 
 
"In my room" She opened the door to my room and entered. She saw Nath and asked me again "Why did you take him in? Sica-unnie must've been looking for him" 
 
"She's still swamped with work so she'll drop by later" I managed to answer her before excusing myself to take the call from the CEO. 
 
 
-- 
 
Sunny and Hyoyeon unnie is the only ones left with me to stay in the dorm for now. Taeyeon unnie have decided to return to her hometown for a while and the others went to their respective homes. 
 
"Can you get me a warm milk and a bread? Thanks" Sunny unnie told me as I was heading to the kitchen for some cake the was bought by Sooyoung unnie before she left the dorm. 
 
"Unnie, You're lactose intolerant. What's the milk for? For sogum?" I asked giving her the milk I placed in the thermos because sogum likes it warm and doesn't take it when it's already cold. 
 
"No, it's for Nath" 
 
"Nath?" Is it the same Nath I know or? 
 
"Hmm, Jessica's son. He was sweating a lot when I saw him. He even cried to me for help" Oh, It really Is the Nath I know. But why did he cry? 
 
"For what reason?" 
 
"I don't know either" 
 
"Where is he?" 
 
"In my room" She answered and I opened the door for the both of us. 
 
"Why did you take him in? Sica-unnie must've been looking for him" 
 
"She's still swamped at work so she'll drop by later" Answered her and excusing herself to answer her phone that is ringing. But, Sica-unnie would be dropping by later? I doubt so. 
 
"Eing … N—no …" He muttered as he shifts position roughly "UMMA!!!" He called out bolting up with tears already flowing from his eyes 
 
"Nath, it's aunt. You're safe here, don't worry" I tried to console him by coming closer and opening my arms widely in case he'd like to be hugged 
 
"Aunt" He cried in my hold. I wonder what's wrong with him because this is my first time to see him like this. 
 
"We already called your mommy but sadly she has works to do. Would you be fine here?" 
 
"No. I want to go home. Can you call my umma?" 
 
"Sica-unnie? We already did" 
 
"No …" He scratched his forehead "Can I borrow your phone?" 
 
"Okay" I agreed and gave him my phone. Does he know how to use it – does he even know Sica-unnies number? 
 
"Umma …" He started when I assume he dialed a number. He wiped his tears away as he focuses on listening and talking to the one on the line "I'm here with aunt Seohyun. Can you fetch me here? I'm afraid that the Ahjussi is just outside …" 
 
Ahjussi? Who is that? And who is the umma he's referring to? 
 
"Right" He covered his mouth because he gasped for a while and eyeing me cautiously "I forgot, I'm sorry" 
 
"Okay, I'll just wait for mommy here" He hanged up and returned my phone "Thank you for letting me borrow your phone" 
 
"Why did you call Yoona unnie?" I asked when I saw Yoona unnie from the log. Is Yoona unnie the one she called? But why would he call her 'umma'? 
 
"I asked if she can fetch me here" He answered the obvious "But she's busy with Soyou and something else so she told me to wait for mommy here" 
 
"But why did you call her umma?" 
 
… 
 
"Do you like Yoona-unnie that much that you call her umma too?" 
 
"Hmm. Soyou's umma is too long for me to call. Everybody knows my mommy anyway" He answered looking down, fidgeting in his seat. He's just like his mommy, sica-unnie. 
 
"Hey kid!" Hyoyeon-unnie called out cheerfully making him look up, and I too, look to her direction "So it's true that you're here" 
 
"Hi Hey Hyoyeon" He grinned and unnie gave him a pinch on the cheek 
 
"What brings you here?" 
 
"Hmm, I don't know" He answered thinking of an answer but found none. Maybe unnie's question is till a bit confusing for him to take. 
 
"Sunny unnie brought him. She said that he's crying when she saw him" I informed unnie on his behalf. Well, I don't know what really happened, but I at least know that much 
 
"Why?" She turned to ask Nath 
 
"The ahjussi was going to take me away. I only escaped him" 
 
"Who's that ahjussi?" I curiously asked. Who that man could be? Maybe it's just his dad's close relative or something he's blood related but doesn't have the chance to know well 
 
"I don't know. He always comes to my school to scare me" 
 
"Is your mommy aware of it? Why don't you tell the cops about it?" 
 
"No definite proof unless otherwise has an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter