What I need.

A secret place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica is your ordinary classmate/schoolmate. 
 
The only thing strange about her is her fondness of jackets. 
 
Right, I almost forgot. Jessica is an emo. 
 
The vain, 
 
Damned, 
 
Lost, 
 
Misunderstood, 
 
And Martyr 
 
 
-- 
 
Another day, 
 
Just another day. Instead of liking the idea, Jessica had to think why there has to be such – for her. 
 
"Resist Jessica, Resist" She mumbled her 'motto'. It was the words she mumbles/assures herself with because she knows that in an hour, she'll be going to a more deadly place than her auntie's place, aka school. 
 
She could runaway. Who would care anyway? Yes, Why would her auntie care about her? They were just obligated to keep her in, to keep her alive, because they're paid for it. If the condition of 'to graduate with a college degree' in her mom's will didn't exist and that she can just take the money and their house. However that's not the case. She has to finish college first before she could be alone. 
 
Like how she is, anyway. Everyday. 
 
Physically present, Mentally not. 
 
Sure she exchange conversation with her cousin, but is that enough? If they were to talk, that's just because of the stuffs related to school or food. Never once they entered into a deep conversation. 
 
Something she always aimed for, 
 
Something she needs. 
 
Her grieve over her parents death, 
 
Her suicidal thoughts, 
 
And Kim Taeyeon – the ex. 
 
Everything is bolted up. No one to talk to, no one to confine with. 
 
"Jessica!" A girl called with a smile as soon as she reached her classroom "Did you bring it?" 
 
"Yes" She gave a small smile before taking the portfolio out of her backpack. It was their project but since the girl, Sunmi, had an emergency, she volunteered to do it. 
 
"How can I return the favor? I owe you big time" 
 
"It's okay. We're partners anyway" 
 
"How about I treat to the cafeteria? Would that suffice? Come on, I won't take a 'okay' to the effort you've put in"  
 
"Sure then" She nodded before sitting down on her place. 
 
She has frie—are they one? What does 'friend' even mean? Sure, she still talks to her classmates and vice versa but she wanted the friend who can actually approach her not because they're partners, groupmates, or something school related stuffs. 
 
"Good morning class!" Ms. Jaekyung, their adviser, came in with the brightest smile. 
 
"'Good'? What's so good?" She asked for herself. There's definitely two things that isn't 'good' for her already; Those fake smile, and MONDAY. She's not a Monday person. 
 
"Have you heard of the Halloween party the school will have this Sunday?" Jaekyung asked after the greetings from the student and they're already seated in their places. "Well, If not, then the school invites you to our very own Halloween Party this Sunday, 6-9pm" 
 
"Where?" Dara, the geek of the class, asked. As expected, besides Jessica, she doesn't know about the said event despite it being gossiped around the campus. 
 
"Here" 
 
"Are we—" She asked and the class, Jessica aside, chorused in their monotonous voice "Yes, It's compulsory to go" 
 
"Just, great" Huffed her 
 
"Yes, it's compulsory Ms. Park. You might have to come in your costume too" Added Jaekyung. As the adviser of the class, she's well aware of the personalities of the students. 
 
-- 
 
"Jessica, what are you coming as?" Sunmi asked as a casual question when Yubin and Hyerim told her that they'll be coming as a witch and Harley Quinn respectively. 
 
"Hmm, I don't know yet" 
 
"Try to be a scary one" She recommended "I'll be going as a white lady and do some scare" smirked her 
 
"Scary one? Then, I'll just come as me, myself" She answered back and the three laughed 
 
I am not trying to be humorous though. I was being serious. 
 
"Good joke" Said Yubin, still laughing at the 'joke' 
 
 
-- 
 
"You have dinner in the microwave. We won't be back till tomorrow morning" Was the note written on the post it that's on her door 
 
'They must be having fun' She mumbled with bitterness laced in every word. She sighed as she enters her room and immediately threw her bag to the side before slumping down her bed. 
 
Like the usual, she would just lay down, watch movies/dramas, and eat when she feels like it. 
 
Browsing her twitter account, her feed is filled with poems

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter