Away With The Old

My Princess's Servant

"What am I?" Raymond asked, his eyes filled with fire, "What am I?"

Ah-Yat gritted his teeth in regret of his last comment. "Be certain, you would rather not know."

"Why would I not want to know, for worse or good, at least-" Raymond tried to protest, "I have the right to at least know what I am."

"He's right," Mike couldn't help but agree.

"Grandpa, if you know what Raymond is then-"

"Raymond Lam, you are the fallen one and I'll warn you only once. Your powers reside with your memories, the more you know, the more you recover, then the more dangerous you'd become...because the truth is something too dark and sinister."

Raymond laughed hysterically, "dark, evil, what is this? So your suggesting I'm a demon, that's not far off from being a monster, which I am."

Ah-Yat kept his stern stare. "I can't help but admire you more and more. If you learned what 'love' is, I'll be glad to tell you then, for I am a surviving wisdom."

Raymond opened his mouth, but no words came out for the second. 'Love' was something he had never felt, something he had no knowledge about. "Love, what stupid and worthless emotion are you asking me to develop?"

At that, Tavia slapped Raymond. Mike and Ah-Yat quickly stood up but they didn't dare interfere. Tavia was somehow in rage, "Stupid and worthless, how could you say that. Love...Love is something we should treasure when we can grasp it, any kind of love...any is important."

Raymond glared at Tavia. "What do you understand...You-"

"AHHHHHHHHH! STOP! NO!"

The four turned to look at the door. The deafening scream came downstairs. Below where Rainie was, alone. Tavia quickly dashed to the door, flinging it open and already, she was running down the stairs. The three men followed swiftly and all of them stopped. Rainie was lying on the floor, motionless.

Tavia rushed towards her, anxiety gripping at her every instinct. "RAINIE!"

Rainie didn't stir or move as Tavia rocked her back and forth, shaking her. Raymond quickly ran out the backdoor with Mike trailing behind him. Ah-Yat swiftly went over to check. "She's been paralysed."

"What..."

"That's right, that pathetic servant is paralysed. It doesn't mean she'll live though."

Tavia and Ah-Yat peered up to see a man in the room with them. He was standing with a bottle of transparent liquid in his hand. His face covered by a black and white mask. "Come with me Ah-Yat Yeung or should I say the informal past King."

Tavia held Rainie close to her own body. She had already seen too much to be afraid. It was like, she already lost her pitiful innocence through all the events that had occured.

"From the respected I presume," Ah-Yat said casually, standing up.

The stranger nodded, "time you paid for your sins and your son."

Tavia winced at that comment, "father, what have you done to father."

The stranger shook his head. "We've captured him, your father and everyone else in that house."

"What?" Tavia mouthed. "So father knew you lot were coming, he chased me and Rainie out so we could escape..."

"Very observant. You were supposed to be captured with your father, but I guess it makes no difference since your here. Your family was blessed to carry that blood of the former royal princess and now we'll wreck the foul descendants that souldn't have it."

"You mean the Yeung family then, my children and descendants," Ah-Yat said, his eyes cold as ice.

"Exactly, the only way to do that is kill every single one of you," the stranger or rather assassin hissed, "we'll perform on the sacred day of his highness's birthday."

Tavia screamed at that moment. It wasn't a scream of fear, it was a scream, a cry to call her own grandfather to stop. Ah-Yat had lunged towards the assassin with a table knife he swiped. However the assassin was quick and well-trained. He blocked and had knocked the old man onto the floor.

The assassin gloated with pleasure in seeing the distress in the old man's expression. "You are no longer a Knight, but to have declined to this state. No, you were never a real Soul Knight...but then, I'll spare your life for now..."

Ah-Yat grasped desperately at the assassin's throat, though his old and deterred body was giving in. Through the claws of the assassin, he shouted, "Tavia, find L-S....K in Lib a-and AD in my....roo-"

"Grandpa!" Tavia had let go of Rainie's body and was now struggling to pull at the assassin's hand.

The assassin smiled, "paitients, your turn next." At that, he flung Tavia backwards across the room. With one swift motion he opened the cap sealing the transparent liquid and poured it into Ah-Yat's mouth. Tavia watched in horror as her grandfather grew limp and there was no more reaction. "N-no...y-you said you w-wouldn't..."

The assassin turned towards Tavia. Beneath the black and white mask, there was a glint of excitement in his eyes. "paralysed dear...paralysed not dead."

Just as Tavia thought she would too get caught, she realised her survivng instincts were stronger than anything else she had at that moment. She didn't back away, instead she stood and subconciously she did the only thing that can save her. She called, "RAYMOND - MIKE!"

The assassin was taken aback. He didn't expect other people but he sensed presence. The presence of two people or rather, true Knights behind him. He turned to meet with a punch in the face and a kick in his abdomen. Part of the mask broke, revealing half of a scarred face. He stared hard at the two Knights before him. He miraculously recognised one of them, Mike He, whose kick was powerful but what disturbed him was the other. The other guy's punch had broken the specially made mask...he was the main threat to his mission today. He looked around him. He wasn't going to make it. Weighing his possibilities, he decided not to risk. He grabbed hold of Ah-Yat and threw the reamining bottle of liquid at Mike and Raymond. Then pushing passed Tavia, he raced and vanished with Ah-Yat out from the back-door.

Feeling hopeless, dispair and a longing for her family, Tavia cried, "NO...grandpa...grandpa...come back...not like this..."

Raymond lightly held Tavia, "stop this trauma, we don't have time for heartbreaks and cries. We need to move."

Tavia stared at Raymond. She understood. "B-but...Rainie."

Mike crouched before Rainie. He placed the tip of his finger upon her lips and magically, she stirred.