Head North

My Princess's Servant

The black book layed dislodged on the bed next to a striken Tavia. Her emtions were swaying, no they were too strong and eventually was to tear her apart. Just days ago, how normal had she been. What a ordinary girl she was, with a family, with everything. Now there are unavoidable signs to suggest her to be, what, a demon or reincarnation of satan who's gonna disrupt world peace. Then there's the contadicting white book. A book put together and created by...what claims themselves to be monster. I'm not a monster. Tavia screamed in her mind. I'm not, I won't accept that book created by monsters, that'd be the same as me being one of them, I'm not. Even if Mike and Raymond seem alright and they're just slightly abnormal...I...

Tavia stopped for a moment. Suddenly her grandfather's voice broke through, "find the AD in my room."

Tavia was currently in Ah-Yat's room. As the one who organised his stuff, she knew it only meant the sacred family book of the Yeung family. The Archaic Diary. This time round Tavia had no trouble looking for it either. She instinctively pulled it out from the top drawer in the corner of the room. Tavia opened it and began to read. Her pupils shrunk at the sight of the pages in the book. The Archaic Diary was supposed to be a sacred recording of the Yeung family but this is...

XXX

Genie Zhou breathed in the foul air of dawn. The sun was weaker than ever to her at this point. Her rest was inevitable but yet it gave her time to rearrange her plans. She no longer wanted just Tavia. She wanted something more. For a sweet and cunning revenge, there's nothing she won't do.

She pouted, "Jiro, as soon as my sweetheart kitty Raymond starts moving north, bring him back. He's lost and astray. Poor cat of mine, don't you think?"

"Y-yes, maybe." Jiro answered half-heartedly. "I'll prepare something for you to eat."

"Sure. Be quick."

As Jiro left the room. Genie portrayed the bronze alloy coin again. "Now Princess, we'll have to make sure your the right target first. Tavia Yeung, once I know I'll be able to decide what I want next...but how are you planning to rescue my world, if the legendary white book is true- I own one of the most important piece here...so are you going to head north like I think?"

XXX

Raymond peeked into the room. As he thought, Tavia was sat curled up on the bed. He glanced the area. Immediately he saw the black book and another one in Tavia's hand. Without notice he sat himself down. "You know, whatever the two books say, it's none of your business." He waited but there was no response. "I mean, for starters we should get one fact correct. Are you even the right girl and like you've said, there are a load of people called Tavia I'm sure. What I'm trying to say is, if I was in your position now, the first thing I'd want to do and think about wouldn't be a stupid legend."

"Than what?" Tavia asked faintly.

"That's what I want to ask you, Tavia Yeung. Just because two weird guys and book appear before you and your family is no where, that doesn't give you the right to sulk here."

Tavia lifted her head slightly to look at Raymond. "Then what?" she repeated.

Raymond raised his hands. His fingers reaching for Tavia's face. Grasping the side of her cheeks, he gently caressed it, "to you, what is the most important thing now? Don't bother youself with the stupid myths and things you don't understand. Sometimes you can use the things you don't understand to help you get what you most want. So what do you yern for right now?"

Tavia didn't need to think. Like magic, Raymond's fingers were waking her up. "My family, to be me again. That's it, my family...so."

Raymond retreated, "I left Mike and Rainie downstairs, let's find them, you've come to a conclusion."

Tavia smiled for the first time in what seemed like ages. She didn't say it but from that moment, she came to the realisation that Raymond wasn't bad at all. The things he did ever since he became a knight...somehow it felt like she was becoming more and more attracted to him. More and more, like a bond was forming between them.

As Tavia arrived downstairs with Raymond, she saw how quiet it was between Mike and Rainie, but both of them had a small, faint smile. They looked up as she approached. Tavia cleared , "I believe the passage to your world, or monster world is in north right?"

Mike nodded, "the portal is situated in the north, quite a distance from here."

"We're going there," Tavia declared, her voice stern and absolute, "I don't care abnout legends or Soul Knight, I just want to rescue my family and they've been taken by your people right. I'm heading to the monster world."

Raymond chuckled, "so we're heading north..."