A Chat

My Princess's Servant

Genie sat up in bed. Her memory of the night was blurred and forgotten. 'What did I do last night- why'd I have this ill feeling again?' She reached for the clock on the side table and stopped. 'Did Raymond do that again-' Genie's cold slender fingers trembled. She quickly grasped her wallet and portrayed a bronze coin. She clenched onto it. She looked up, a knock on the door.

"I've been waiting so come in, Jiro."

A pale looking Jiro entered the room, "Genie."

"How were things?"

"Renard failed us, I'm sorry," Jiro reported, "another knight appeared, a really powerful one."

"Do we know anything else?"

"No. That knight was even stronger than Mike He..."

Genie bit her lips, "it doesn't matter, I can take what I want from her later."

"Genie, I managed to get back the thing Mike stole though."

Genie turned to grab the ring from Jiro's outstretched hand. 'The portal key to where we belong...'

"Jiro, have you seen Raymond?"

Jiro stirred, "he said, he remembered something from his past and-"

The clock fell to the floor, it's glass cover smashing to pieces. Genie's angry expression made Jiro feel uncomfotable, he held back his words.

Genie felt a strong urge for revenge, 'I won't forgive you-'

XXX

Tavia finished bandaging Mike and her breif explanation to what happened to her last night. She gave a heavy sigh, "so you see, aside from you Mike, I also have this black coin, and he came out of it, just like you."

Mike gave a bewildered chortle, "I know that guy."

"Inform me on it."

"His real name is Raymond Lam. We knew eachother since we were kids," Mike began, "we were once quite close but after some time around when we were 7, we became enemies."

"What happened when you were 7 then?" Tavia urged on.

"It sounds crazy, but there is no memory of that entire year at all and the following 2 years. When we re-met eachother at the age of 10, we both just wanted to kill eachother- it was a deep feeling of urge and hate."

"Your making no sense, Mike."

Mike stared at Tavia, his expression of absolute seriousness, "the past doesn't matter, it's the present now that's important."

"Mike I-"

"Raymond Lam is a well-known celebrity but as Cat Idol. That's his other identity, and what's more is - that guy is dangerous. It's hard to grasp what he thinks or want but it's obvious- he's up to no good if he uses two identities."

"It's hard not to be involved with him, if he's my knight too," Tavia protested, "can't we sit and talk things through."

Mike stood up with rage, "Princess, I know that guy better than anyone. Eversince he took up the identity of Cat Idol - he's become murderous, you can't risk working with him or relying on him. Besides those coins can be used by anyone with royal blood-"

"Then why are you here? Why are you serving me?" Tavia questioned.

Mike shifted his posure, "I believe your a good master- I can't stop you from using him but I stand to what I've said- I won't trust him."

Tavia gave a weak smile, "get some rest, I understand."

Seeing Tavia leave the room, Mike slouched to the floor. 'How could I tell Princess that Cat Idol and I are not really just any human being...even if I tried to explain...I won't sound convincing- I don't even know everything yet-'

He winced at the knocking noise outside. Mike turned the door knob and he quickly glanced away as Rainie entered the room.

"Sorry to disturb you. I-"

"Make it quick, I don't like you breathing the same air as me..."

Rainie hesitated. She realised what she attempted to do last night was selfish. Even if he said such horrid words to her, to run away and leave him to almost die. She know he hates her more and more. "I wanted to ask if you know my full name?"

Mike turned, his expression quizzical, "What?"

"Please my full name - say it."

Mike rolled his eyes, "Rainie Yeung!"

Rainie nodded, she gulped, "yesterday, you shouted the name Rainie Yang..."

Mike's heart skipped a beat. Rainie Yang, a exsisting curse in his fading memories...