Betrayed and Split

My Princess's Servant

Clasping her scratched hand over the spear that stuck into her shoulders, Tavia bit her lips as she ran up the stairs again. It was a miracle how they'd managed to escape. It wasn't normal. She vaguely remembered Renard throwing the metal rod at her and it ended up piercing her shoulders as she ran. He went after Mike and Rainie though - which she couldn't stop as she was seperated. Tavia was failing now, her body refusing to move. It won't move, not whilst hot blood was seeping out the open wound. "Damn." Tavia gritted through her teeth. She forced her eyelids to clasp together as she pulled the ugly metal rod out her shoulder. "AHHHH......"

The rod met the floor with a loud clunk. Blood trickled down her arms, dripping off her slender fingers. Her body slid to the floor right after. It was hopeless. Tavia turned her eyes to the cieling of the warehouse. She longed to see the sky once more. Instead she saw two blood-shot eyes staring back at her. Death was here to pick her up.

XXX

The sound of the slap echoed through the empty warehouse as Jiro knelt on the floor.

Genie entangled her fingers into his hair, gripping it with force. "HOW DARE YOU?"

Jiro's head clashed to the floor. As Genie yanked him back onto his feet again, blood was smeared all over his face, staining it and hiding the silent tears. Crushing her nails into his skull, Genie pushed him onto the pile of dead foxes. "You of all people. How dare you betray me Jiro? What do you think you are - your just dirt from my shoes." Genie held Jiro down, placing her left foot upon his face.

Jiro struggled but still he responded, "You've changed. Your not the Genie I knew."

Genie smashed Jiro's face with her foot, causing Jiro to spit blood. "Your an underling Jiro Wang! I had everything I wanted, you ruined it!"

Jiro gave a haughty chuckle. "Genie, what are you proud of? You showed up right after Renard and his foxes had managed to surround the princess. Taken by such surprise, it's obvious they didn't have any self defense, plus when Mike knew..."

"That's right, as soon as Tavia recognised they were cornered by Renard, she automatically shouted Jiro - your name. Upon that, Renard bowed to you, exposing your true cruel nature...Mike, in understanding that he was betrayed by his own friend, broke down. He had no wits to fight. I simply noticed he wished to die so I set Cat Idol on him-"

"Raymond - it's Raymond. He has an identity even if you've stripped him of his memory and purpose."

"Cat Idol is mine!" Genie thundered, attempting to inflict pain on Jiro again.

He caught onto her foot with his hands and stared at her. "You failed in the end to truly manipulate him though didn't you? He was attacking Mike like you ordered him too, but you never expected Tavia to step in."

"She is a . She ruined everything - I don't understand. As soon as she was in front of Cat Idol, he held back. He shouldn't recognise or remember her - but he ended up dropping his weapon and then-"

"Unexpected by you, he faded into the night. You were furious weren't you Genie? You realised your grasp on him had somehow broke. What made you more angry was the look on the princess's face, seeing him leave."

"Your right Jiro. When I saw the relief and revelation on that girl's face - it made me puke - Cat Idol is mine - I won't let her stare at him with such love filled expressions."

"That's why your pitiful. Because of that spark of feelings you held towards her, no towards Raymond Lam, you lost control. You released all the power you contained to strike at her. Mike deflected your strike and it ended up everywhere, blinding everyone."

Genie wretched her foot from Jiro's grasp. She took a few steps back. She studied him, "You took that moment and opportunity to betray me. You think I'm stupid to not notice. You killed all of Renards foxes, however due to the blast, it looked like it was the explosion of my strike that did it all. Mike, Tavia and Rainie took the chance to run. Too bad though, I saw Mike looking at you whilst he left, it's clear he mouthed the word - forgive."

Jiro slowly got up. "Yeah, I didn't think you'd know till later though. With half the foxes gone, Mike and the others had an opening to escape - it was the least I can do to atone for my betrayal to him."

Genie slid her hands around Jiro's neck. Her nails and hands turning to claws. "Your atonement for betraying me is death," Genie hissed into his ears, "too bad, Renard managed to injure the princess as she escaped, and that metal is very special - it's infectious - you've still lost in the end."

Jiro closed his eyes. He didn't move. He said, "Genie I lo-"

A chilling wind swept through the warehouse and a dreamy voice called above Jiro's, "you shan't fall to her hands..."

XXX

With vengence within his eyes, Renard edged closer towards the cornered Rainie and Mike. He grabbed hold of Rainie's hands, "Rainie, I'll protect you, so please - RUN!"