Fox Trap

My Princess's Servant

~Flasback~

Jiro threw a stone, only missing Renard slightly. 'Renard- french word for fox- how fitting,' Jiro silently mused, 'but against stronger beings...you lack...'

Renard bowed before Jiro, "I'm sorry, I didn't expect the Silver knight to be so strong- I know I failed Princess Genie..."

Jiro shook his head, "Mike He is strong for sure- it's not as if you fought him with everything...go back."

Renard looked blankly at Jiro, "Pardon..."

"One more chance for you and your foxes Renard," Jiro flatly stated, "this time, you fight Mike not in the animal form of a fox but in this current form-"

"I understand- you want me to fight him looking like this - exactly a human."

Jiro breathed, "yeah- even if our exsistence would be revealed to the unknowing world..."

XXX

With his sly fox eyes, Renard glared at Mike who was summoned by the girl named Tavia. He laughed and with a very human voice, he sounded, "It's been quite awhile my dear friend Mike."

Renard watched in amusement to Tavia and Rainie's reaction - stunned. 'Of course,' he couldn't help but think, 'a fox able to talk like a human is very scary for dumb humans that don't have the knowledge of our world...'

Mike however showed no signs of anxiety, "Renard - don't tell me your planning to fight me in that pathetic form."

Renard's focus moved back to Mike, "well - tonight your princess is my objective - I'll shock her more should I?"

Rainie unconsciously grabbed onto Mike's jacket, Tavia reamining silent and rather calm. The fox that had just spoken in human language was now changing. His ginger tail extending longer and longer, as the body shifted to grow bigger. Then it was this that took the breath away from Rainie, the fur on the fox fell off, revealing skin. The foxes face was no longer of an animal but of a human - a normal human face with a ordinary male body.

The stranger's fox ears twitched, "your too out-numered aren't you?"

Mike clenched his fist, the other few foxes that can transform to human were already taking their changes. 'Damn,' Miked hissed to himself, 'I really can't take all them on if I have to take care of princess too...'

With sudden and swift movement, Tavia chucked dust at Renard and the other fox humans. Grasping onto Mike and Rainie, Tavia pulled the two into a run. Renard slowly held up his left hand. A cooing like sound came from the foxes. Smiling, Renard commanded, "Chase after them, boys-"

XXX

Tavia, Mike and Rainie stopped running for breath. They were a long distance away but all three knew the foxes would catch up sooner or later.

Through heavy breaths, Rainie whispered, "isn't Mike a knight- can't we just fight."

Mike clicked his teeth, glaring at Rainie, "it's a new moon tonight!."

"What the-"

Tavia cut Rainie off desperately. She urgently whispered, "we need to split up...NOW!"

Mike took a grip on Tavia, "Rainie can turn right - we'll go left."

"NO!" Tavia said at once, "you go with Rainie."

Mike stared at Tavia, "I'm only obliged to protect you not her."

Tavia gave Mike a stern glare, "an order from your master who summoned you- protect Rainie."

Mike bit his lip again in slight fury and resentment. He watched Rainie, then grabbed her hand. He turned to the right but gave Tavia a last stare, "princess- you have to call my name if they get to you."

"I promise..." Tavia said running to the left turn of the street, as Mike and Rainie disappeared the other way.

XXX

Tavia couldn't help it now. She was too tired to run any further, the street seemed endless and no one as around. She knew she had to keep running even if her legs would collaspe, she had to. But as Tavia tried to continue running, she felt a hand on her back. Then, she was falling to the floor. She turned to look up and Renard was staring at her. Her vision focussed on his - in-human eyes.

He was laughing, "that was too easy- should I let you try to escape."

Tavia moved back from him. This was it - she was going to die. She couldn't take her eyes away from Renard and the other approaching foxes. Not knowing, she tripped on a stone, again falling to the ground...this time, she heard a small clank noise. Tavia's eyes were wide opened...on the ground was the black coin her father gave her...