Long Night

My Princess's Servant

A shrill ran down Mike's back, as a cunning laugh sounded throughout the stealthy streets. Jiro gripped the brakes to his motorbike with a smirk, "guess I'd be going..."

Mike turned with a hiss, but his lips were smiling, "Jiro...you always run...oh well - make sure I see you at my house tomorrow morning..."

"Sure!" Jiro shouted through the roaring of the engines, as he disappeared away into the night.

Mike pushed his fringe back and turned to glare at one of the rooftops. The shadowed silhouetted moved and Mike's muscles tensed, "Raymond Lam!"

A guy casually emerged from the darkness, his red eyes staring back at Mike, "I'm here to just merely say hello."

"Don't joke around, there must be something else your after..."

The guy named Raymond Lam chuckled, "you heard about the 'Knights' of the princess?"

"That legend again," Mike hissed, "We're quite the same if the legend is as it is."

"Really now..." Raymond said, his lips curling, "I want to know now, whether this stupid legend is real - because I don't want it to get in my way of destroying you..."

Mike released his hair, letting it fall delicately to cover half his face. "There's already doubt to the appearance of the princess and - our fates can be changed..."

Raymond jumped down from the rooftop. His movement swift and elegant, that of a noble prince. "Well - I need to get back what you stole first-"

"As Cat Idol," Mike finished, "but before..."

Raymond shook his head slyly, "I don't intend to fight you now - I'll catch you later. Mike He...the one who lives by the moon..."

Mike ran towards Raymond as his body vanished like mist and faded. "The moon hey - something I don't know anything about...my feelings..."

XXX

Tavia ran uncontrollabily to hug Rainie at the gate to the mansion. "You, where were you?"

Rainie felt relieved, "don't worry, a child got lost so I helped out for a bit."

Tavia let out a deep sigh. Her arms were weak as she held onto Rainie, her strength was used up for the day. As the night wind blew upon her face, Tavia spoke in a serious tone of voice, surprising Rainie, "father wants to see us - he said, right after you return."

 

Rainie nodded though her eyes portrayed distress from hearing Tavia's tone. 'My princess has never spoke so seriously before,' Rainie silently thought,

'did something happen whilst I was gone?'

Upon arriving at the door to her adpotive father's office, Rainie felt a slight reluctance to enter. She placed her hand upon it's wooden surface. Seeing Tavia beside her with a smile, she pushed open the door. Awaiting them both was Tavia's blood-related father.

He held out two suitcase towards them, "I want you two to LEAVE - right NOW!"

Tavia and Rainie stared at eachother - the word LEAVE lingered in the air.