Wise Words

My Princess's Servant

Rainie stared out the window at the vast lillies that surrounded the cottage. Tavia's blood related grandfather, Ah-Yat Yeung lived within the outskirts of the countryside. It was beautiful and the most peaceful environment Rainie had grown up in. Apart from snow. Like a dagger to her heart, she hated snow to the point of death. Why? Rainie couldn't answer either, but snow bought her vivid and unwanted memories and it often snowed here. She smiled though. It was summer now, there wouldn't be any snow. The quirky sound from the kettle caught Rainie's attention. 'Great, it's broken, that means I'll have to heat the water on the cooker and...that'll take me ages. But Tavia and grandpa loves drinking the special tea I make.' Rainie inaudibily thought, 'no matter how long it takes - I'll just have to make it then...I hope they can wait.' Rainie ran out the fron door and started to pluck some lillies. To make tea for her princess, Tavia, it was her pleasure. She breathed in the scent of lillies, alone in the kitchen.

XXX

Jiro didn't move. He kept his position outside Genie's room. It was this time of year or time in years that Genie showed her weakness. As a girl that isn't completely human...Jiro sighed, "would it be better if Genie and I and Raymond was just normal humans. Raymond, why do you resist?" He banged his fist into the wall, with fury. "Raymond Lam - just turn into Cat Idol for the sake of Genie...don't make her suffer anymore..."

A high screech was heard within the room...Jiro's heart skipped a beat. "Genie!"

Stretching her hands towards Jiro, her eyes showed nothing more but sadness. A daunting Genie yelled, as if in a trance, "give me it...Jiro your - I need it. I want revenge...I want to avenge them...the only peoply I ever loved- help me...I-I...I'll break Raymond Lam apart and take revenge- Jiro..."

Tears glistened in Jiro's eyes but they never fell, because his heart was already crying blood. He loved Genie, that was the only thing he knew right now. Was it enough to atone for his sins though? Was loving her even right?

XXX

Tavia was poised sitting opposite her grandfather. The anxiety of knowing this old man was something more than she'll ever know. Raymond had decided to perch near the small window not showing any interest, whilst Mike just sat beside Tavia at the small wooden table, waiting.

"Grandpa, was there any point in sending Rainie to make tea for us?"

Ah -Yat slowly nodded, "Rainie still is part of our Yeung family in terms of blood connections and some deatils may-"

"I thought we accepted her as our family already."

"Tavia," Ah-Yat said in a serious tone, "when I'm still alive, I want you say this and please never forget what I am about to say to you, promise me-"

Tavia stared at her grandfather. She'd never seen him so tense in her 17 years of life. She took hold of his old but very soft hands, "I'll recite it so the words your about to say will be engraved into my heart, forever."

Ah- Yat Yeung smiled for the second time. But his words were wise and the meaning was ambiguous. "Tavia, there are things in both worlds that cannot and never be changed no matter what you do - so you must not interfere with what fate has decided. You must distant your heart and emotions from even the closest to you because, one day in the future you will defineately be going against that 'one' person you think will never be your enemy-"

"What?" Tavia uttered, feeling uneasy at the sound of those words.

"Yes, in-fact you and that person are already enemies and both of you bear the grudge in killing the other. Tavia, that enemy I'm talking about is close to you. Your destined to kill that 'one' and continue what we have started."

"By 'we', you mean the Yeung family?" Mike asked out of interest.

Ah-Yat nodded, "I know you too well Tavia, if you want to go against the fate in killing that 'one', be sure you're destroying only the you in the past and not the you that will be, otherwise nothing will change and with such a kind heart- Tavia you will die under the hands of that 'one'..."

Although his sight was outside the window, Raymond felt his heart thump. The things he's saying to Tavia, it all sounded too familiar to him, if only he knew where he'd heard them before. The other thing that troubled him was, this old man didn't seem like he was bluffing, so was Tavia supposed to kill someone and stain her hands with blood? At that thought Raymond couldn't help but ask, "your saying Tavia will have to kill otherwise be killed. If she's the royal princess that can use Soul Knights then what is my purpose here? If she's going to get killed then what is my role here? My original role was to protect her then what am I now if she's going to end up dead?"

Mike glanced at Raymond. For the first time he saw something different in him and it was the first ever since childhood that he felt the same way. He turned to look at Ah-Yat Yeung who was gritting his teeth.

"The Black Knight right? Your asking questions too early- my story has just begun, my endless words are barely spoken-" Ah-Yat answered whilst studying Raymond, "the night and the legend is yet to unfold...my dear..."