Melody's Control

My Princess's Servant

Genie's finger soothed over the tiny holes of the flute. The night breeze embracing her floaty body. "Raymond, did you hear me? My melody of love that is..."

She jumped from the high balcony, landing perfectly on the silent grass. She stared at the one window to a unlit room in a hotel. Her heart was racing, from excitement and humor. Genie's hunger for revenge was now her power. Inevitably now, she sensed she was unstoppable. Genie blew into the flute's holes. The enchanted melody sounded into the night again, though it was like lyrics reaching it's reciever.

Raymond, Raymond...answer my wishes, the unrequited love I keep yet you threw, now come back like a lost cat...become mine for eternity...memories of deceit will only bring you pain...answer me, answer me and I'll save you, from pain, from everything you fear to hold...

The message of the melody was to be heard. That one night. A call to hell.

XXX

Mike struggled to sleep. The sound of the flute was deafening to him. He felt uneasy, his body almost on the verge of breaking. He clambered with effort out of bed. "DAMN. It has to be...from the monster world...this melody..."

He hovered out his room and into the corridor. His legs was weakening by the sound. The flute melody that can only be heard by monsters. Unable to move his legs any further, he felt his own body slam into the nearby door. He only wished he hadn't done that, because Rainie quickly came out of her room. Though he didn't view her with so much resentment now, he still felt uncomfortable around her. He couldn't care now though. He needed her help.

Rainie heaved Mike into a staggering position. Her voice was quiet but with urge, "what's happened? Are you ok?"

Mike shook his head, trying to clear from the sound made by the flute. "Can you hear it, the flute?"

Rainie displayed a puzzled look. This confirmed Mike's previous asumption. The melody was affecting his body somehow but not his mind. He placed a hand on Rainie's shoulder, trying to give her the sign he'd be alright, but both of them stopped dead in the hallway. A scream. It was clear, they heard a scream...

XXX

"What's happened to you?" Tavia almost whispered in a shaky voice. Her body retreating away to the brick walls.

The night wind was fresh and soothing. It lashed at the long silky black hair, that made it sway in front of his face. Tavia adverted her gaze from the weapon in his hands to his eyes, that was now blood-shot red. Her heart ached, where did he go? Where did those gentle eyes go? "Why?" she mouthed.

"I'll gladly answer your question shall I?" a female voice said huskily from behind him.

Tavia turned and she couldn't say anything. She recognised her. The girl that dragged her to the concert previously. "G-Genie Zhou-"

"You still remember me," Genie said with excitement, "that's very expected of you, Princess."

"What?"

"I said, Princess," Genie repeated, "Princess Taviana, destructor of earth... Your a dangerous being aren't you?"

Tavia's knees buckled. Her body collasped onto the floor, her gaze always darting between him and Genie. She felt tears threatening to burst from her eyes. She held it in. She understood her situation too well. She needed time... Tavia asked again, "I don't understand what's happening. What are you, Genie Zhou?"

Genie wrapped her arms around his waist, holding him close to her, as though they were lovers. This was like a dagger to Tavia's heart. Genie stared at her, "You answer me first and I'll answer yours. You came out of the hotel, why?"

Tavia gulped in some air. "I-I heard flute music. I heard a very sad melody playing from a flute so I followed the sound..."

Genie's expression of enjoyment and excitement changed to that of urgent and confussion. Genie became very tense as she let loose of herself from him. Her beady eyes searched Tavia. There was something wrong. "Cat-Idol, finish her now. I don't want to risk."

The shiny silver sword in his hands raised towards the air. Long-grown hair now plastered his face, covering it completely. Tavia really cried now. Why did she follow the music of the flute. Why did she have to witness everything as she did. Tavia only cried, "Raymond...Raymond...please don't kill me...please..."