Mike's Thinking

My Princess's Servant

Helping Tavia carry some of her stuff, he couldn't help but glance at Rainie. The four was already setting off to the portal in the north. Though his destination was clear, at the minute Mike was as lost as ever. The many things he believed all didn't seem to fit in place anymore. His feelings, no he learned to follow logic more these days. The legends was his priority. From as a child, he remembered the words of his deceased father who'd loved him so much, to the extent that he'd died. The last words or order from his father was that to follow destiny. Never go against it. At the age of eight, Mike He was proven to be a special Soul Knight, believed to be one of the four to serve Taviana. In the monster world, as humans might describe it, he was the hero and saviour. However, the appearance of the reversed version of the legend. Mike didn't care. He'd only have to simply follow destiny whatever it is. That is also his father's wish.

"RAYMOND LAM, STOP DOING THAT!" Tavia shouted.

Mike let out a sigh. It seemed that Raymond was deliberately annoying Tavia again. Tavia. Tavia Yeung was his destined princess? She was very pretty. Somehow at the first sight of seeing her, he wanted to protect her, as if drawn towards her. Mike glanced slightly ahead. And there was Rainie.

"I don't know anything that's happened. I don't and will never understand but, I've realised you hate me because your placing her upon me," Rainie had declared that afternoon, when they were alone in the kitchen. "I'm sorry, I know I'm a nuissance butr your being completely unfair to me. I'm RAINIE YEUNG, you even said so yourself, whoever Rainie Yang is...we're seperate, please-please understand and stop treating me as if...as if I'm her. Give me a chance to be me, who I really am."

Those words lingered with Mike. He had nodded as a response and then Tavia and Raymond had arrived. He smiled then as well. He somehow wanted to prove to himself that Rainie Yang was gone. Mike lightly slapped himself on the head. Be myself, goddamit.

Mike ran to passed Rainie, Tavia and Raymond to stand before all of them. He beamed, "About saving the old man, Ah-Yat, can we push that aside after we ate...we should also rest and...I mean, can't we stay at a hotel or something for the night..."

The three stared at Mike and then laughed.

XXX

Mike said his goodnight's to the the three. Raymond insisted that he'd have a seperate room, though Mike actually wouldn't mind if they shared. He layed on his bed and gazed up. Then he slept. For a short while.

A sweet, desirable song began to sound. A song only those without a full soul can hear in the dreams of their night. One made specific for someone.

He turned his body continuously on the bed. sleeping on the right and then on the left, on his back and still, his eyes were wide open. Everyone had settled into a hotel after Mike suggested some sufficient rest. He was worn out. However, now that it was night, sleep wasn't an option. Mike stood and paced the room. That sound. The sound of the flute. It's melody was distrubing and he couldn't sleep. His heart was racing as the noise touched his ear. Mike felt as if he was placed under a curse, by that flute's melody. Whereever it was playing. Sure enough...someone was playing the flute in the star covered night...