Leaving Disaster

My Princess's Servant

Tavia clutched onto her fathers hand, "w-what did you - why?"

Mr Yeung turned and stared deep into Tavia's eyes, "for now, I want you and Rainie to go somewhere else, it's for your own good."

Stuttering Rainie voiced, "why?"

Mr Yeung took the suitcase and placed it in Tavia's hand, so she wasn't clutching onto him anymore, "something I've been keeping a secret but now..."

"STOP IT!" Tavia shouted, "please just tell us why all of a sudden and what you said before-"

Mr Yeung sat down. His composure full of anguish and distress. "The scent given off is already too much to cover with simple measures."

"What..." Rainie uttered.

Mr Yeung laughed, "there are things you can slowly figure and find out later but Tavia - considering your my only daughter and heir to the co-orperation - I need you safe but also..."

Tavia banged her fist onto the desk, "stop talking non-sense, what is wrong with you father - you were beginning to act like this a month ago - but I thought you were ill before..."

Rainie ran to hold onto Tavia for comfort, she looked at her adoptive father, "you were already saying strange things like this a month ago - like how scent is trouble and all...please explain."

"Please don't ask me - it's not the right time yet to reveal too much," Mr Yeung replied in a stern voice, "Tavia needs to complete her 'duty' like what I've done in th past to secure my business. Rainie - I only wish for you to assist."

Rainie nodded, "I'll always be beside Tavia." Although the situation was of ambiguaty, Rainie knew she had to stay strong and listen and trust her sdoptive father. He rescued her in the past. He was the man who raised Tavia to be a kind-hearted girl on the inside. She couldn't think he'd hurt his own daughter after treating herself so nicely. Rainie decided to play along, even without understanding.

Seeing no reply from Tavia, Mr Yeung placed two coins into her hands, "when the time is right, flip them and call out that number - they're a charm of protection. You MUST NOT loose them or give them to anyone else."

 

Tavia stared down at the two coins, one black and one silver. It wasn't money, but a cross was engraved onto both of them, on the back it read,

'666 or 999'

"So you give me these and just expect me to leave."

Mr Yeung hugged Tavia tightly, "I'm sorry, please just trust me...I beg you."

XXX

Silence fell as Rainie dragged the two suitcase along, following Tavia from behind. Tavia had asked no more but just took her father's words to leave for awhile. He instructed them to just go anywhere as long as there were people around. Tavia laughed in a hysterical way, scaring Rainie for the spur moment. A month ago, her adoptive father, Mr Yeung, already acted strange, as if he was trying to hide the fact that he was a murderer, or something similar. Rainie abruptedly stopped as Tavia silently leaned against a lampost, on the empty street. Dark and cold. The feeling of anxiety filled Rainie, suffocating her slightly.

Tavia's voice broke out to her, "I'm sorry, I know how scared of the dark you are."

Rainie smiled, "We'll find somewhere to go, please don't worry - about father."

"I'll try to not think." Tavia replied, closing her eyes, "If I couldn't think-"

"AHHH......"

Tavia twitched, hearing Rainie suddenly scream. Her heart pounded with terror as something silver slashed before her eyes - a knife. Two musculer arms clasped around Tavia's tiny waist. Four men, strangers had slowly ganged up on them, from the dark. She was motionless, her voice dry as two of the men pushed Rainie to the floor.

"Take your clothes off NOW!" one of them demanded.

Sweat fell from Tavia, her feet numb. Rainie was struggling, but as she did she was crying out for her to run. She couldn't. She can't leave. "not without you..." Tavia mouthed with effort.

"Hey, you too, start stripping will ya," a hoarse voice ordered, his breath in Tavia's ear.

Subconsciously, Tavia tried defending herself, trying to push the two men away, only to get part of her top ripped. CLANK. Tavia fell to the ground, her fingers clinched onto the silver coin that fell out her pocket. Her hands trembled but she remembered. Remembered everything her beloved father said and she TRUSTED him.

Flipping the silver coin, Tavia shouted the number, "999!"

A illuminating silver light shone from the coin, blinding everything, as sudden powerful blasts of winds slashed across the street. The four men holding onto Rainie and Tavia had to let go, as they took shield near the walls, to hide from the grinding wind. Tavia staggered towards Rainie, now embracing her. The light slowly died out, the wind stopped completely.

"ES! What trick are you trying to pull?" another of the men shouted as they started to grab hold of Tavia and Rainie again.

A deep but soothing voice spoke, "My Princess, you've finally arrived and summoned me...Allow me the honour to get rid of these-"

One of the thugs let go of Rainie's leg and pointed the knife towards the direction of the voice. "If your to play hero, show yourself...we're not scared."

"Gladly..." the voice said as he stepped out the shadows.

Tavia stared as the guy tossed the silver coin in his hands repeatedly. "My coin - give it back - who are you?"

The guy graciously knelt down before Tavia, "My Princess - your orders are..."

Tavia gasped in confusion. Two of the men stood up, ready to attack.

Rainie's mind was blank but of the guy who knelt before Tavia. "Impossible," she whispered, "Mike He!" A vivid image of the wallet appeared in Rainie's mind and the ID and image of the person, "yeah - It's defineately you..."