Two Legends

My Princess's Servant

Tavia placed the book onto her lap, her hands slightly shaky. The name of the main character, as it seems, is the Royal Princess. However the name was far too familiar. The name Taviana.

Rainie gave a low gasp, "Doesn't this seem as though the name Tavia is a shortened version of the name Taviana?"

"It probably is," Raymond indefineately sounded, "she is able to use the alloy coins and summon us, enough proof for now."

"No it doesn't," Tavia protested, "I can't take what this book says as truth."

Mike took the book and once again read the text, "the soul of those that are destined and fated to serve the royal or ones with such vile blood...yet amongst them four are selected to protect the only female royale...the princess which is believed to bring destruction to the world. A souless being whose been long exiled into the ordinary. Four souls, are honoured in this unfortunate princess's name, Taviana, the four knights will serve as sacrifices along with her blood, thus the world will come to an end. If but ever another more evil entity should appear then Taviana will be the medium of prevention to the worlds chaos."

There was silence in the room. It was only too obvious that some day the connections would be too clear.

"It's just a ridiculous myth, besides no one has proof I'm that princess. Destruction of the world, the end of the world, these stupid prophecies has been going on forever and none of them is true. This isn't any different," Tavia said in a analysing tone, "even if Tavia is a possible shortened version of the name Taviana, it doesn't mean anything. For all we know anyone could have the same name as me."

"That's true," Rainie said, backing Tavia, "no matter how I look at things, neither Mike, Raymond Lam or Tavia seems to be dangerous. You three can't possibily-"

"It's the complete opposite isn't it Mike?" Raymond asked cutting Rainie off.

Mike exhaled. He clicked his fingers and a book appeared in his hands. Tavia and Rainie stared at the cover. Complete white cover, written in gold, the letters LSK engraved in the centre.

They gasped in amazement, "Isn't that the same book as-"

"Technically," Raymond explained, "that is our version of the legend from our world you see. Me and Mike was quite surprised with that version your grandfather had. There are differences..."

"Shall I?" Mike asked.

Raymond nodded. Tavia and Rainie listened as Mike read what was in the White book, "the soul of those that are destined and fated to serve the royal or ones with such pure blood...yet amongst them four are selected to protect the only female royale...the princess which is believed to bring peace to the world. A love filled girl whose been long sleeping. Four souls, are honoured in this magical princess's name, Taviana, the four knights will wake her, thus the world which is under threat will not end. If but ever the vile medium appears, it will only be luck that such a princess wouldn't die. No matter which way, Taviana the destined saviour of the world." Mike took a breath, "it goes on to say that this book was placed together by an ancient wisdom from our world. To me this white book is more believable."

Tavia dropped to the floor. Then she laughed hysterically. The others looked at her with concern, "what the hell is this. Am I now suppose to believe in one of the legends? Which one then?"

Raymond crouched next to Tavia. His voice was serious, "it doesn't matter which to choose yet, we need to know if you are Taviana first and if me and Mike are one of the four sacred Soul Knights. After that we decided which is real."

Mike closed the white book, "Raymond you do realise both could be as real as the other."

Tavia stood up. She grabbed the black book from Rainie and stood at the open door. Turning around, she smiled with a glare, "I prefer the Taviana who'll distroy this pitiful world..."