The Books

My Princess's Servant

Tavia hugged Rainie tightly as she splutered and coughed. It doesn't matter anymore because Rainie was defineately alive. "I'm so sorry," Tavia whispered.

Rainie clutched onto Tavia. She didn't know what happened but it was obvious she nearly died. Instinctively she turned to look at Mike who portrayed no interest. Deep down though, she wished it was Mike who'd help her again, it was only Rainie's meer wish.

Raymond strode back into the cottage, staring at the three with a look of disbelief.

"What is it?" Mike quickly questioned, catching on.

"We're surrounded by really thick fog. I've been trying to get out of here but I only end up in nothing but fog," Raymond began to explain, "we'll have to wait for it to clear before we can go anywhere."

"What about-"

"No-one else is here but us. I didn't sense another presence either," Raymond finished before Mike could ask.

"It'll be fine to stay here for a bit right?" Tavia asked, shifting from Rainie's hold.

"I'm not sure," Mike bluntly replied, "we were just attacked and-"

"We should be fine," Rainie spoke up, "when I was drugged I faintly recall hearing a female's voice saying 'leave the rest after grabbing the old'. I assume their real target was grandpa in the end."

Uneasy, Mike wanted to protest but gave up. He turned and started to help Raymond in his task to shut the windows and doors, completely sealing the cottage for the time being. They all gathered in the small library within the old cottage. It wasn't a library in the sense where is was big but it had in it, held b what seemed hundreds of books.

"Find L-S....K in Lib," Tavia recited again, "that's what grandpa told me. Lib obviously meant this library room. Lib short for Library, and LSK should be the label on the book we're looking for."

She continued to scan through the many rows of shelves. Many titles popped out at her. Fiction, non-fiction, anything including bibles. She sighed and looked at the others. It didn't seem like they were in luck either. She was right, this is what her grandpa had meant so she wasn't wrong. But her grandfather's love for books didn't help. For only a sufficient amount of time, there were simply too many books in the room. Another disturbing thing is, Tavia had never seen the book he mentioned. She didn't recognise LSK at all and she was the one who labelled most of the books in this room, for her grandpa's sake. She pulled out a book, it was labelled LS. 'Where the hell is the K?' Tavia cursed. 'LS...for Long Stories...what could LSK refer to then?'

"There's no way in finding it like this," Raymond suddenly shouted, "We can look for it in a much quicker way."

Everyone turned at his direction. He smiled, "flip the coin, princess."

"What?" Tavia gasped, "Why?"

Mike stepped away from Raymond, "do it. Toss the coin and call his number."

"I don't get it, isn't he already here so..." Rainie asked, confussed.

"We can't use our inner powers if we're not summoned so hurry up, Princess."

Tavia fished for the coins in her pocket. She stared hard at the black one and then tossed it into the air, "666."

A black aura seem to emit from Raymond's body. The books in the room began to float in midair. Tavia, Rainie and Mike watched as the books flew across the room and then almost with a mind of their own, re-placing themselves back onto the shelves. Soon nearly all the books were placed into a vacant spot on the shelves, clearing the wooden floorboards.

Tavia gasped as a black book soared across the room and landed in Raymond's hand. "How'd you do that?"

Raymond exhaled in releif. "Let's say, searching for things is one of my specialities. This book is the only one labelled LSK, I believe this is it."

Tavia grasped the book from Raymond and studied it. Complete black cover but there was no label on it. Instead written in gold, the letters LSK was engraved in the centre. "I've never seen this before so I assume it must be it." Tavia sat on the floor, crossing her legs so the book could rest on her lap. She opened it and immediately she knew it wasn't the wrong book. Rainie, Mike and Raymond crowded round Tavia. She began to read, "Legend: Soul Knights - the soul of those that are destined and fated to serve the royal or ones with such vile blood...yet amongst them four are selected to protect the only female royale...the princess which is believed to bring destruction to the world...her name...Ta-ta..."

The name lingered in the air. A name that seemed unbeleiveable.