Rainie and Mike

My Princess's Servant

Mike grabbed Rainie's wrist, his own hands trembling. "Please run, I'll hold him back whilst you run."

There was no time for Rainie to make a response to Mike's request. As soon as he released her wrist from pulling her behind him, Renard was already bearing his fangs at Mike. Rainie stood, her body stiff and her eyes were fixed upon one thing. The blood that seeped out of Mike's cut. He turned and their eyes met for the brief second. "GO" was the message she recieved. Then as if a mysterious force was placed upon Rainie, she ran. Away, far away from the brutal fight that was now clearly behind her, as if it was her past. There was nothing more for her to do but run, she'll only hinder him by staying, she has no connection to him, she CAN leave him. Tears swelled up in Rainie's eyes, blinding her from the night street path, but she kept running. The blury scenery was nostalgic and so unclear, it merged into a memory - was it even Rainie's memory...

The boy held down by the guards raged at her, "YOU LIED! You promised me Rainie Yang - you wouldn't leave me - why?" He said nothing more as the little boy endured the pain inflicted upon his broken body. The little boy laying motionless on the path was the last scene before a long winding road endlessly appeared before her...

"MIKE...MIKE HE," Rainie continually screamed. Her heart had won. That vision, that memory of the abandoned little boy - it was so unfamiliar yet it pained her as if she was Rainie Yang. But she knew she wasn't Rainie Yang, the girl who chose to betray him, she wasn't and will never fall into the same footsteps. Rainie outstretched her hands towards the falling Mike, her voice didn't come out but she was pleading with each word as she got closer, 'please - I don't want to live with that guilt and pain - Mike, save me...'

Renard grabbed the collar of Mike's jacket and with little effort now, he swung the battered Mike onto the floor. His body met the concrete with a cracking noise. A sly, satisfied smile was displayed upon Renard's fox-like face as he extended his claws, slashing towards Mike's throat. A fountain of warm red sprayed and stained the night streets. Three bodies collasped, one dead.

XXX

Tavia's vision was blury and distorted. The shining pair of red eyes was everything but darkness. Though her body was already like frozen ice - a dead corpse, she felt the immense heat wrapping her up. "Wh-"

A pair of soft lips fell upon Tavia's forehead, strong arms supporting her faililng body. "I'm here, I'm back, I'm sorry..."

Subconciously she reached for the face of the speaker and smiled, "R-Raymond-"

From a distance, Jiro stood watching the pair with anxiety. As much as he would like to leave them as that - he knew he couldn't, because Genie...

XXX

Renard's body twitched and withered before it melted completely into the ground. He was dead for certain. The knife fell from the non-exsisting body to the floor besides Genie's blood-tainted hands. The half moon now shone brightly, lighting the two lost souls sight.

Mike was weakly clutching onto Rainie. Had he more strength he'd be hugging her in a state that she couldn't breath. He stared at her faint smiling face. "Why did you do that?" he breathed, barely able to speak himself.

Rainie held onto his hands and didn't say a word. Mike positioned himself against the wall as he rested Rainie upon his chest. Staring up at the velvet sky, he remembered the dramatic night...

Renard was a bout to take his life and then he heard Rainie screaming his name desperately and as he turned towards her direction, he saw her running back, towards him. In a flash, his heart warmed up, a vision of the Rainie Yang that once betrayed him, merged with the image of the present Rainie. It pained him and warmed him at the same time, that split second of distorted memory and reality that fused together. Then all he knew next was Rainie's blood staining the night and without any idea how it happened, Mike managed to stab Renard in the heart.

Back in the present now, he was holding onto her with no more hate or confusion. This Rainie had saved him. Mike laughed, he realised he was going to die and he'd never be able to see Rainie Yang again - the one girl he loved and hated with everything in his heart. The laugh startled Rainie and she asked him "What's wrong?"

It was a selfish request, but Mike knew if he were to die - he at least wanted to die under the false idea that he was with Rainie Yang, and this Rainie Yeung reminded him too much of his love. For the last moments he had, he wished to be with Rainie Yang. He turned to face the worried looking Rainie in his arms.

"Rainie -I-"

Rainie squeezed Mike's hand, "don't worry, we'll-"

"KISS ME!"