4

Puppy Love?

I was still in shock as I stared at Minnie, or Minwoo. He had a smile on his face and hung his tongue out of his mouth cutely. How.. How did he become a dog?! This doesn't make any sense! I thought. I was staring at his face for a very long time and then looked down to think. Bad. Idea. "EEK!" I screamed. I forgot Minwoo wasn't wearing any clothes! "Minwoo, go umm.. I have to buy you some clothes huh. I don't own any guy clothes..." I thought aloud. Minwoo was still smiling at me with his tongue out. He then cocked his head to the side as if he was trying to understand me. "Um.. I'll be right back." I said. He still looked at me as if he was trying to study me. "Um.. Sit?" Minwoo did as he was told and sat on the floor. Oh geez... 

I got out of my house and locked it. Walking across the street, I went inside a cheap clothing store. I couldn't afford much because I still had to pay rent so I found something quick. A simple T-shirt and Jeans (plus some underwear :b) and some cheap tennis shoes was what I found. It only cost 20 dollars so I was glad. After buying the items, I walked quickly back home. As I entered my house, I heard lots of shuffling. I walked to my room and saw Minwoo rolled onto his back and he was playing with my pillow. He was biting it and he had almost ripped it open. "MINWOO!" I yelled, yanking the pillow away from him. He gave me a sad look and I just sighed. Who knew this puppy could be so annoying... "Go put these on." I said, handing the bag to him. Minwoo held the bag in his hands and stared at it. He didn't know what to do with it, so he started to sniff at it. Then, he bit it and shivered at it's taste. I giggled a bit at his silliness. "You know what, I'll help you." I walked over to him and took out the t-shirt. "Lift your hands up." I said. Minwoo did as he was told and I slipped the t-shirt on him. He wiggled around as if he felt uncomfortable. I pet his head and he stopped wiggling, liking the feel of my hand on his head. Next, I put on his underwear and jeans. He looked down at himself and gave me a confused look. I laughed again and looked at the fully clothed puppy...human. "Do you speak?" I asked, sitting down on my bed. 

"N-neh!" his answer came out like a screech again. 

I covered my ears, not liking the sound. "So you do understand me."

"Neh." his answer was better this time. 

"Where did you come from?" I asked. 

"You picked me up, that one time, on that street, that night." Minwoo said, his words chopped apart. 

"Yeah. I know, but that man. He said that you were one of his puppies." I said. 

"Oh. Yeah. That was Mr. Lee. He has my brothers with him." Minwoo explained. 

"I see..." I said. "So.. Why are you here?" I asked. 

"Um.. because you picked me up?" Minwoo answered, giving me a bit of attitude.

"Right right..." my voice trailed off. There was an awkward feeling in the air as Minwoo looked at me, as if he was waiting for me to tell him to do something. "Well, are you a human now? Or like a dog? Or what?" 

"I think I'm human now. I'm not sure how it happened but I had a dream last night. In my dream.. Well, you were in my dream and I saw you having a hard time.. And I thought and felt that I should help you. And because you gave me a place to stay when I was a puppy, I should repay you. And when I woke up, I was on the floor and I was a human." Minwoo explained, playing with his hands. 

"I see.. So you can help me?" I was happy at this thought. He could help me earn money, and because he was so cute, I'm sure he could do something to attract girls to his job. 

"Sure. I'd love to! You're my owner now and I love you!" Minwoo said cutely, smiling. My heart beat faster when he said I love you, which was weird. I can't possiby fall in love with a dog. It's... weird...

"Well, do you know how to work a a job?" I asked. 

"I'm sure I could. If you train me." he said. 

"Alright. Why don't we go to the cafe now. I'll tell my manager and maybe he'll hire you. If he does, you can help me earn money and we can live in a better, well functioning home." I smiled. He nodded and we walked out of the house. 

As we walked on the streets, Minwoo walked behind me, but slowly he tried to walk ahead of me. As a dog, when they walk ahead of their owner, it means they want dominance, and I wasn't going to let him do that. I held his hand and pulled him back. When I grabbed his hand, I jumped a little. It felt interesting to hold his hand. Minwoo laughed quietly from trying to earn dominance. I gave him a scolding look and he just smiled and held my hand tighter. My heart began to beat fast again. What was going on?! I tried to pull my hand out from his grip but it was firm. I looked up at Minwoo, my new pet or helper... And he was sniffing around rapidly, as if he was following his nose. He was curious for everything. I giggled at his actions and he looked at me and smiled. 

When we reached the cafe, I bowed and greeted all my co-workers. "Who's this?" Giseok asked me.

"Oh um.. He's my.. My uh..." I couldn't find the words to say.

"I'm her chingu!" Minwoo said happily. "Or her pet.. Whichever you want say." 

My eyes went wide when he said pet. "Nonono! He's not my pet. He's my chingu. Just a chingu. Introduce yourself to Giseok-ssi." I told him. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo! My name is Minwoo." he bowed and I smiled. It's nice that he will always obey me. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo! You don't have to be so formal with me okay? My name is Kim Giseok." Giseok smiled and bowed slightly at Minwoo. He just smiled and then looked at me, waiting for me to tell him what to do. 

"Um.. You two talk for a while. I need to go find the manager." I said. Minwoo and Giseok nodded. They started to talk about something that I didn't hear. I found my manager in the back of the shop with his laptop. "Manager oppa..." I said softly, not wanting to disturb him. 

"Oh?" he said, his focus still on his screen. 

"Umm.. Is it okay if you have another worker?" I asked. 

"Is this worker a good worker?" he asked, still not looking at me. 

"Um.. He will do anything you tell him to do." I said. 

"Hmm.. Sounds good. Does he know how to make coffee?" 

"Um.. not yet. But I will teach him I promise. And I'll teach him well." I smiled. 

My manager finally looked at me. "Alright. This guy can start working with us." 

I smiled extremely wide. "Gamsahabnida!!" I bowed multiple times and left my manager. "Minwoo! Manager Oppa said you can work here!" 

Minwoo's head turned to my direction and he smiled, his tongue began to hang out again. "Yay!" he walked over to me and my face. My eyes went wide. SHOOT! Giseok saw all of that! He's going to think Minwoo is some sort of freak! 

"Um um Giseok-ssi. It's not as weird as it looks. It's uh.. He's..."

"It's okay." Giseok cut me off, "He told me he was a puppy before. Don't worry. I won't say anything or treat you weird." He smiled.

"Gomawo Giseok-ssi." I said. Then I turned back to face Minwoo. "Now, it's time for me to 'train' you to make coffee!" 

 

------------------------------

HELLO! First of all, thanks for reading! Second of all, comment! I love comments xD Whether they are good or bad  :] Preferably good though xD And I'm open to suggestions so yeah :] I hope you like my story~ 

뿅~~~!