19

Puppy Love?

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm clock. Sitting up, I looked at Minwoo. He stirred awake and looked at me. I still felt horrible for what I did to him. "Don't worry about it." Minwoo said, as if reading my mind. 

"But--"

"I told you not to worry about it. You're forgiven. It just goes to show how I need to protect you more and show other guys that you're mine." Minwoo winked. I didn't get this boy. How could he be so kind? His inner puppy would always be at work. Loyal and loving. I smiled and skipped to the bathroom with him. We got ready and left the house to get to the shop. When we reached the shop, Sungyeol was there again, setting up alone. I looked at Minwoo and he smiled at me, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay. I opened the door and the bell on top rang. 

"You guys are here." Sungyeol smiled at us and bowed a little. 

"Morning." Minwoo said. 

"Morning." Sungyeol said back. 

I stayed quiet and watched them be kind and normal to each other. It blew my mind. I scurried to the back and started getting the equipment ready. My eyebrows were furrowed. It felt like I was the only one who still remembered yesterday. "Stop that! You're going to get wrinkles." Minwoo said and poked the part between my eyebrows. I listened to him and raised them in surprise instead. "You can get wrinkles like that too." he chuckled. I then pouted. "Okay now you're just asking me to kiss those lips aren't you." he said. 

"Yah!" I swung a fist down at my side. Minwoo just laughed and pat my head. He then walked out to start wiping tables with Sungyeol. I ruffled my hair in frustration and continued to set up. 

An hour later, customers began to come in. We greeted them, served them, talked to them, made happy small and had a good time. As always, the shop would slowly fill with that coffee smell and there was quiet conversation going on all around. It was a great environment. Sungyeol was busy taking orders and denying girls while Minwoo did the same. It was back to normal, but something didn't feel right. 

Later in the day, Sungyeol and I switched places. I started to take orders and went to the next table without a drink. "How can I help you, sir?" I said politely, holding my pen near my pad. 

"Hmm.. I'd like a latte." he said. 

"Latte..." I quietly said as I wrote it down. "Will that be all?" 

"Umm... I'd also like a blueberry muffin please." the man said. I nodded and wrote it down. When I looked up from my pad, I felt like I knew the man. Then it registered. 

"Ah-ah-ahjussi!" I said, a smile growing on my face. It was the man that gave me Minwoo.

"Annyeong." he says with a bright smile. 

"Annyeong! How have you been?" I asked. 

"I've been great. How about you?" 

"I've been good." I smile at him.

"That's good, how about you get my order and we have a little chat?" he suggests. I nod eagerly and went to get his order myself. After making the latte, I got a muffin from the case and brought it to him. Setting it in front of him I sat down myself. "So, how is MInwoo?" he asked. 

"He's been good. He's so much more human-like than before." I said. 

The ahjussi smiles. "That's great. I'm happy for him, but I've come with a warning." he states simply. 

"What warning?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing again. 

"You have to be careful with him. If anything too drastic happens, he could go back." the ahjussi explains. 

"Go back? What are you talking about? Go back where?" I lean closer to him. 

"Think about it. And if it does happen, only you can fix it." he said. 

"Wait.. Fix what?" I asked. By this time, he had finished his latte and muffin. 

"I have to go now. I'll see you soon. Bye~" And with that, the ahjussi left the shop again. I was beyond confused now. First of all, Minwoo and Sungyeol were normal, and now the ahjussi is telling me to fix something or else Minwoo is going to go somewhere? It didn't make sense to me... 

-------------

Hey guys :] UPDATE YAY~ Sorry for taking so long. I have finals this week and I've been studying x . x Wish me luck :b And have a good Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!!! :DDDDD