2

Puppy Love?

I changed back into my dirty school uniform and made my way to school. No one ever greeted me, or gave me a smile, they just stared, as if they were afraid to approach me. Maybe they thought I had germs, but I don't know. It was just so weird and awkward and I sighed as I made my way to my first class. 

I sat in the back and took down the best notes as I could. With the remaining few minutes, I rushed and tried to finish most of my homework for that class. That's how it was for me at school. If I finished, then I'd have more time to work and I could get more money and pay my bills. I really needed to get it in this month or my house'd be extremely smelly.

The bell rang signalling the end of the day. I ran out of class and squished past people in the halls. It wasn't that hard because people didn't really want to be with me anyways. I was quiet and not very social and who would want to be with a non-social person?! Then, I ran back to the cafe and bowed to everyone. "Annyeonghasaeyo!" I said, out of breath and bowed. 

"Oh, Eunhee annyeong! How was school?" one of my co-workers, Haewon asked. 

"It was normal. No one talked to me and I finished almost all my homework! I will work hard today!" I smiled at her, "Excuse me. I need to change." Haewon smiled and nodded as I walked to the locker room. I changed quickly and ran back down the stairs to help tend the customers. Washing my hands, I took in the scent of the cafe. It had more of a coffee smell now that it'd been running for a couple hours. I just love coffee. I love to drink it and make it and see the smiling faces when other people drink my coffee. 

"Suyeon-ssi," another worker named Giseok, said, "Can you make me a caramel macchiato?" 

"Neh!" I said happily, "Coming right up!" I got right to work and squirted some caramel into a cup. I waited for the coffee to finish coming out of the machine and put it in with the caramel. After getting everything done, I swirled some cream on top. I handed it back to Giseok and he smiled. 

"You always make really great coffee. It never fails to amaze me. Thank you." he said. His comment made me smile and I went to take orders from customers. I smiled and greeted each of them warmly. I took their orders and told Haewon to make them. Skillfully, I put each drink on each table in one go. By the end of the day, I was worn out. 

"Good work day today," Giseok said to me. 

"Neh.. I had fun." I said, sitting down on a chair. 

"You really do love coffee huh." he asked me.

"Yeah, I do. After I finish highschool, I'm going to try and become a barista!" I smiled, dreaming of the day I could go study coffee. 

"I'm sure you can do it, Eunhee. Why don't you go home. Haewon and I will clean the rest of the cafe." Giseok offered.

"Chinjja? Neomu gomabseupnida!" I said and bowed. 

"You're welcome," he smiled. I went to change and then I began to walk home.

Along the way, I heart tiny tiny footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw nothing. I put on a confused face and started walking again. Suddenly, I felt a knudge on my leg. I looked down and saw a puppy, a yellow lab to be exact. "Oh? A puppy," I picked up this puppy and smiled. "What are you doing here by yourself?" I cradled it in my arms as I examined it. "Where's your tag? Do you not have one?" I pouted a little. "I'll still make flyers for you. Maybe we can find your owner then." Smiling, I took this puppy home with me. Unlocking my door, I placed the puppy on the floor. He or she tripped over him/herself a couple times before find footing. So adorable! I patted my leg and the puppy followed me into my small bedroom. "You can sleep here for the night. I'm sorry this place is so smelly, probably very hard on your nose... I'll find your owner tomorrow morning, alright?" The puppy looked at me with it's cute, black beady eyes and I couldn't help but let out a small awww. 

I went to my closet and changed into my pajamas, getting ready for bed. When I finished, I brought the puppy onto my bed and pet it. "Since you're staying here for now, why don't I give you a name... How about Minnie?" The puppy rolled over onto his back and looked at me. I laughed and give it a belly rub. "So you're a boy..." I thought aloud, still giving him a belly rub. I began to talk to this puppy as I played with it. "I had a good day at the cafe today Minnie. My co-workers were nice to me and so were the customers. And school was just normal... I wish I could live in a better place than this, and possibly make a friend at school or something. Hey Minnie, what would you think if I kept you? You don't even have a dogtag... But I guess I shouldn't. I'll bring you into town and ask around if you belong to someone there." The puppy waddled over to my pillow and lay down making me laugh. "You want to sleep with me? Okay then." I smiled. I moved him next to me as I lay my head on the pillow. Tucking him in as if he were a baby, I gave him a small kiss on his nose. "Goodnight Minnie." And so I fell asleep with my new friend next to me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO! Update before I get back to homework. Please comment and subscribe :] It'll get more interesting soon. Just wait a couple more chapters ^~^ Sorry if there are mistakes too. No time to edit.. So yeah... 

뿅~~~!