6

Puppy Love?

The next morning, I got ready for yet another day of school. I took a look at myself in my old mirror and nodded. When I walked out my bedroom door, I saw Minwoo sitting at my small dining table, fiddling with some bread I'd put out for him. He looked so bored. Suddenly, an idea came to me. I knew how to make him happier, or at least a little less bored. "Minwoo-ah," I called to him. His ears perked up and he turned to face me. 

"Neh?" he said, cutely. 

"How about coming to school with me today? Do you want to learn with me?" I asked. A smile immediately formed on his lips. 

"Yeah!" He ran to my side and waited for what I should say next. I just laughed. 

"Okay, walk with me to school. I'll ask the principle if you can enroll in the school." I said. Minwoo just nodded and kept on smiling. We both put on our shoes, locked the door and headed to school. Along the way, Minwoo could not stop smiling. He used to stick his tongue out too, but I corrected him thankfully xD. Although he was more human now, I could not shake the thought off that he used to be a puppy. It was so weird to me. He seemed so real, but fake at the same time. I poked his cheek as I was thinking about this.

"Ah!" he said, when I poked him. "What was that for?" Minwoo mehrong-ed me.

"Oh... Nothing." I laughed. Minwoo gave me a weird look, but he kept walking. We soon reached the front of the school and Minwoo's eyes went wide when he saw the huge gates for the first time.

"So this is what a school looks like!" He jumped excitedly. I pat his head and he stopped jumping.  We walked through the gates and immediately, I saw girls whispering and pointing. At me. I grew a bit nervous because I didn't want these girls to pick on me for anything... I didn't want trouble or anything bothersome. As I looked around, more girls grew closer to Minwoo and some squealed but Minwoo was totally clueless. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. I laughed at how he was still like a little boy.

I knocked on the door of the principle's office. "Come in," the principle said. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo." I said, then knudged Minwoo in the arm.

"A-annyeonghasaeyo." he said, a bit startled. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo. How can I help you?" she said. 

"Umm.. I was wondering if my... Friend, could enroll into this school. He doesn't have parents like me and he would really like an education." I explained. 

The principle thought for a moment as she eyed Minwoo. He scooted a bit closer to me, telling me he was a bit nervous. "I guess it wouldn't be a problem. If you two could fill out this form to the best of your ability, we'll let him in." 

"Gamsahabnida!" I bowed. 

"Gamsahabnida!" Minwoo followed me. 

We walked back out into the hallway and started to fill out the form. Name (Last, First).... "Minwoo-ah.. You technically don't have a last name..." I told him. He looked at me with a o.o face. "Eoddhokajyo?" I asked, somewhat talking to myself. 

"Um.. Eunhee-ah, my last name is No." Minwoo said. 

"You have a last name?" I asked him. He was a puppy, how could he have a last name? Minwoo just nodded and I was too lazy to ask anymore questions. I filled out the rest of the form and gave it to my principle. She then handed me a boy's uniform and I gave it to Minwoo. "Go change into this in the boy's bathroom. Remember, BOY'S! The one with the little character on it that does not have a skirt.. And it's blue!" Minwoo's cheeks turned red and he nodded. A couple days before, he accidentally went into the girl's bathroom and I had to come up with a lame excuse why he was in there when he was already a highschooller... So embarassing!

When Minwoo finished, he came out and he looked really nice in his uniform. If I didn't know he was a dog, I'd totally have a crush on him. I smiled as he walked over to me. "You look good." I said. 

"Gomawo~ You look good, too." he said. For some reason, my heart skipped a beat, but after that it was normal again... Weird...

"Well, why don't we go get your schedule. Hopefully you have the same classes as me, otherwise.... I don't know what you'd do.." Minwoo just smiled goofily at me and followed me into a different office. His schedule was printed and thankfully, he had the same one as me. We started walking to our homeroom and even in the halls, girls were whispering. Minwoo was not phased which was quite amusing to watch because all the girls began to fix their hair and things as he walked by. "Minwoo-ah, just so you know. I'm not popular at school... So once you get used to this place, you're welcome to go off and make friends of your own." I said. 

Minwoo looked shocked at my words. "Why would I leave you, Eunhee? You're my friend and I love you!" he smiled. I pat his head. "And whatever happens, I'll always be there for you okay? We can make new friends, together." I was touched by his words and felt like hugging him. I think he felt it too, but there were all these people around so I didn't dare. 

The two of us reached our homeroom and these girls squealed nearby. They were in my homeroom and probably happy that Minwoo was in the same room. "Um.. Excuse me..." one of the girls said, walking over to Minwoo. 

"Ah.. Neh?" he said. 

"Are you new?" she asked. 

"Yeah." Minwoo answered. 

"What's your name? I'm Seulgi." Seulgi said, stepping a little closer to Minwoo with every word. I grew a bit nervous, wondering what her next move would be. It didn't seem like she noticed me as she stood next to Minwoo. She was one of the popular girls at school and sometimes, she could be very mean... 

"I'm Minwoo." Minwoo said. 

"Nice to meet you, Minwoo." she put her hand out for a shake. Minwoo stared at it for a bit, then realized what he had to do. He shook her hand and Seulgi smiled brightly. "Minwoo-ssi, are you seeing anyone?" Seulgi asked. Minwoo's face lit up. He finally understood what it meant after I explained it a couple times. 

"Nope!" he answered brightly, happy he understood the word. Seulgi mistook it as an 'OK' to keep going. 

"Would you like to go out with me today? There's a nearby coffee shop that I like. We could go there." she said. 

"Um.. No. That's okay." Minwoo answered simply, with a smile. "I have to go to work. Why don't you ask someone else? I'm sure there are a lot of guys that would want to go with you." I stifled a laugh at Minwoo's bluntness and cluelessness. It was then that Seulgi realized I was there. 

"What are you doing here?!" she said angrily at me. 

"I was here the whole time..." I said, making a =.=" in my mind.

"You were? Well, I didn't see you." she said snobbily walking away. 

"I didn't think you would..." I mumbled. 

"Eunhee-ah! I understand now! I understand the thing!" Minwoo started to jump up and down. I smiled and patted his head. 

"Neh. I know. Good job~" I praised him. 

"Heehee." Minwoo and I entered the classroom and I had him meet with the teacher. They talked and slowly, but surely, Minwoo's people's/human skills got better. I had him talk to the teacher himself and as I watched, it seemed like he knew what he was doing, and not saying anything weird. He was so adorable! When I watched him some more, I didn't realize that my heart was beating faster and my cheeks had become red. "Eunhee... Are you okay? Your cheeks are red. Are you sick?" Minwoo asked me.

"Huh? They are?!" I touched them self-consciously. 

Minwoo took my hands off my cheeks and looked me in the eye. "It's cute." he said simply. My eyes went wide and my cheeks flamed even more red. My heart began beating really really fast. What was going on with me?!

---------------------------------

HIHIHIHIHI! :D I'M SO GLAD TODAY IS A FRIDAY OMG! ERGH I DIDN'T LIKE THIS WEEK AT ALL! Not that I like any week of highschool really.. XD I'll try to update everyday this weekend so that you guys have more to read during the week when I'm busy.. :\ So many benchmarks next week TT~TT Wish me lucks! Anyways, comment/subscribe. You guys are awesome :] Check out my other fanfics too if you haven't already and tell me what you think. Please and thank you xD 

뿅~~~!