5

Puppy Love?

Minwoo followed me behind the counter where all the coffee makers were. I explained to him each machine and told them what they did. He nodded and listened intently. "I'll show you how to make a caramel macchiato, okay? It's my favorite drink." I smiled and got two shot cups. Placing them under the machine, I pressed the button. As I waited for the coffee to come out, I poured milk into a cup. After the coffee came out, I put it with the milk and squirted caramel on top of it all. "There, all done. Did you get that?" Minwoo stared at the drink fiercely. "Minwoo?" 

"Yehp I got it! ... I think...." he said, childishly. 

I laughed. "Okay. You can just ask me if you need help. And here," I handed him the cup of coffee. "You try it." He nodded and drank the drink. 

"BLEH!" he spat, "IT'S SO BITTER!" 

I laughed again, giggling at his actions. "But it has caramel! Maybe it's just you." I smiled. 

After a couple hours, customers started coming in and they instantly noticed Minwoo. Girls and even some older women were giggling and whispering about his cuteness. 

"Who's the new worker? He's so adorable!"

"Omo! So cute!!!"

"Ah! I wonder if he has a girlfriend."

"Kyaaaaaaaa!" 

I smiled hearing all these comments. I knew he would attract girls and get attention. Luckily he's still young and has no idea that these girls may fall for him. And these girls.. They don't know that he's.. was a puppy. What they know can't hurt them. 

I was making another drink and glanced up from my cup to check on Minwoo. He was a waiter because he still didn't know how to make all the drinks yet, which was even better for the girls. He was serving a cup of coffee when a girl around my age, tapped his shoulder. "Oppa..." she said sweetly, but it was a bit fake. "Are you.. Seeing anyone?" she asked, giving him a smile and cocking her head to the side. 

"Uh... What?" Minwoo gave her a confused look as he placed the drink on a table near by. "Gamsahabnida! Enjoy your drink!" he said to them. 

"Do you have a girlfriend, Oppa?" she asked. 

Minwoo gave her another confused look. "I.. I don't know what a girlfriend is... Can you please leave? I have to get back to work." Minwoo his heels and walked back to where I was to get his next order to serve. He left the girl dumbfounded and she stared at him, maybe because of how naive he was, or how she just got rejected in the weirdest way ever. I just laughed until I realized Minwoo was in front of me. "Eunhee-ah, what's a girlfriend? Why was that girl asking me if I was seeing anyone?" Minwoo gave me a confused look that really reminded me of a puppy. I 'awwww'-ed inside my head. 

"A girlfriend is a girl that you like and that girl likes you back and you guys are together, like a couple. Do you know what a couple is?" I explained. 

He nodded slightly. "Then why was she asking me if I was seeing anyone? I can see everyone. That was a weird question." 

I smiled. "She meant if you were in a relationship with someone, or if you had a girlfriend. Make sense?" Minwoo nodded. "Alrighty. Get back to work. Here's the coffee." I put the cup on his tray. He smiled and nodded and happily walked off to give the order. 

~~~~~~~

It'd been a couple months now and Minwoo had really grown up a lot. He was acting more human and he knew a lot more about coffee. Minwoo was really enjoying his life as a human and his job at the coffee shop. He was always charming girls without knowing and that really helped for business. We all got raises and my house has never been cleaner and better. If we worked a little more, we could probably sell this place and getter a better apartment.

One day, I was doing my homework at home after work. It was late and Minwoo should have been sleeping but he stayed awake with me. "Eunhee-ah... What are you doing? You always write on papers when you get off work." he said. 

"I'm doing my homework." I answered, focused on my notes. I really wanted to get it done and sleep. 

"But didn't we just come home from work? Why do you have to do 'home' work..." he said, as if it was the weirdest thing in the world. 

"Minwoo, you know how I always leave in the morning before work?" Minwoo nodded. "I go to school. There I learn about things and I have work to do from school." 

Minwoo did a slight pout. "So that means that Eunhee has double the amount of work...?" 

"No no. I like my job at the cafe. I think it's fun plus I get paid so it's all good. I don't like school work though, I but I have to study to get into the school I want to become a barista." 

Minwoo nodded, taking all the information in. "So you want to become a barista?" I nodded, writing some more. "Well, I hope you fulfill your dream Eunhee..." he drifted off into sleep on my bed. I glanced at him from my seat and smiled. It was so nice to have some company around my lonely house. I didn't feel so sad and crazed about the world anymore. I got up from my seat to cover him with the blankets.

"Goodnight Minwoo. Thank you..." I said, and kissed his forehead. 

"Goodnight... Eunhee..." he mumbled and shifted in the bed.

I walked back to my desk and finished my homework. I got ready for bed and slipped inside the sheet and felt the warmth of Minwoo on me. If this was a different situation, bad things could've happened, but in my mind, Minwoo was still my puppy. My human puppy. I loved him actually. The type of love you would give to your pet, but because he was human, my feelings were a bit jumbled. I scooted closer to him in the bed and put my head at his chest. Hearing his soft, smooth breathing made me calmer and feel protected. He really changed my life. I was no longer alone, or poor, and I smiled more. I really wanted to repay Minwoo for all he'd done for me, but how? Staying awake a bit longer, I thought of the things I could do for him to make him happier. "Sarang....hae..." Minwoo mumbled again in his sleep. I smiled and scooted closer to him and hugged his waist. I didn't know what he was dreaming about, but I'm glad it was a happy dream. 

"Saranghaeyo~" I said quietly and fell asleep on his chest.

----------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS! :D I tried to make it longer because I probably won't update this week. It depends on how busy I am with school :\ But yeah.. I'm so glad you guys like my story! It makes me happy that people actually read this hahahha :D Anyways, time to go practice piano :b BYE! Comment, subscribe.. :] thank youuuuu~

뿅~~~! ^~^