23

Puppy Love?

Eunhee's POV:

Minwoo and I were walking home with our hands held together. I was happily swaying them back and forth and smiled to myself. When we reached the house, I got out the key and unlocked the door. "After you, sir." I joked, using my hand to lead the way. Minwoo chuckled. 

"Thank you, miss." Minwoo stalked in. I laughed until I saw a little furry tail sticking out of Minwoo's . 

"Ohmygod MINWOO!" I screamed, clasping a hand over my mouth. "Y-y-your... Your tail!!" 

"Huh?" Minwoo turned his head and saw his tail wagging out of his . "Ohmy..." was all he could say. 

"Wha... What's going on?! Why is your tail sticking out?" I was shocked and scared at the same time. 

"Let's go in our room first so that we don't disturb the other residents..." Minwoo whispered, taking my hand and pulling me up the stairs. 

 

Jomin's POV:

I was about to go downstairs to get a drink of water when I heard someone come in. It was late and I realized it was probably Eunhee and Minwoo coming back form work. I shrugged and continued down the stairs quietly. When I turned my head, I saw a tail behind Minwoo. My eyes widened even more when I saw that it was Minwoo's tail. Gasping, I hid within the shadows so that they couldn't see me watching them. Why did Minwoo have a tail?! I thought back to our first meeting and remembered I thought Minwoo looked familiar to me. Then it hit me. 

Minwoo was my dad's puppy. 

Minwoo is one of the puppies my dad raises to help others, usually lonely girls with some sort of issues. Minwoo is the puppy he'd sent out recently. The lucky girl is Eunhee. The reason I don't live with him is not because I didn't want to, but I like being on my own and indepent. My father was completely OK with it and told me to keep quiet if I ever saw one of his human puppies. I can't believe I'd actually met one. 

But... Why was Minwoo's tail sticking out? That's never happened before. Does that mean he is going to turn back into a puppy? Questions filled my head and I thought of calling my father later. 

 

Eunhee's POV:

Minwoo pulled us to our bedroom and shut the door. He turned his head and his tail was still there. He seemed to be using a lot of force and after a minute or two, his tail shrunk back into his body. "Minwoo... What was that about?" I asked with concern. "Why.. Why was your tail sticking out?"

Minwoo let out a sigh. "I guess there's no point in hiding anymore. There's a chance I might turn back into a dog." he said. 

My eyes grew wider than they already were. "And you tell me this only now because..?!?!!?!" 

"Because... I didn't want to scare you. I thought it'd go away, but it's becoming worse. The tightening in my chest... It gets harder and harder for me to breath when I see Sungyeol with you. I'm sorry. I know he's your best friend, but he causes me the most discomfort." Minwoo explained. 

"I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'll fix it. I promise." I put a hand on his shoulder. Then, I realized that this was what the ahjussi was talking about. I had to be careful and only I could fix it... "I'll try my best so that you don't turn back into a dog." I hugged Minwoo and he hugged me back, securely. 

 

Jomin's POV:

I got out my phone and called my dad. "Appa..." 

"Ah! Jomin-ah! How've you been? Are you living okay? Eating well?" my father said with a happy tone. 

"Neh, I'm fine, thank you. I have some questions." I said. 

"And what are your questions?" I could almost see my father's smile through the phone. 

"It's about your dogs." I stated simply. The other end grew quiet and I knew my father's smile faded a bit. 

"What about them?" he calmly asked. 

"Minwoo... No. Minwoo... He's one of them, correct?" 

"Yeah. What about him?" he said. 

"You must know already, but he... He might turn back. I saw his tail today! I was wondering why he looked familiar to me, and I realized today that it was one of your special puppies. What are you going to do? What if he turns back? Are you going to save him? Send him somewhere else?!" I threw questions at my father. 

"Slow down, Jomin. I can't fix any of it. Eunhee has to. She's his owner now and with effort and brains she will figure out a way to help Minwoo. Don't worry. Just sit back and watch. I'm sure they'll be okay. Eunhee cares a lot of Minwoo just like Minwoo cares a lot for her. I put them together so that they could protect each other. I'm sure things will turn out okay." My father explained. 

"Neh..." I said quietly. 

"Go to bed. It's late. Keep me posted if you'd like. Goodnight oori ddahl~" 

"Goodnight appa." And I hung up. 

 

Eunhee's POV:

I woke up the next morning and looked over at Minwoo. Still human. I let out a sigh of relief and replayed last night's explanation in my head. If I wasn't careful, Minwoo might turn back into a puppy. I absolutely did not want that to happen so I was going to talk to Sungyeol today and tell him I couldn't have him wait. 

At work, after setting up, I pulled Sungyeol aside. "Sungyeol-ah, we need to talk." 

"What is it?" Sungyeol asked, innocently. 

I sighed, "I know your feelings and I'm very truly sorry I can't return them. I just can't. I want my best friend back, not this person who chases after me. I'll admit, I was confused at first when I saw you again, but now I'm sure of my feelings. Sorry, they don't belong to you. Sungyeol, I need you to get rid of your feelings for me." 

Sungyeol let out a sad chuckle, "I saw this coming. I understand. I'll be happy just being by your side and still being your best friend. Let's stay that way. Okay?" 

I nodded happily and felt that now things would be okay. I gave him a hug of friendship until a sound was heard. A sound that truly scared me and made my feelings of relief go away. 

BARK!!!

-------------------------

Oooh... :] Heh~ Comment! How do you think Eunhee will solve this? Sorry for not updating >~< :[ I'm really sorry. I'll try super super hard to update quickly. BYE~ Enjoy ^^