Jr.'s Natural Caring Self

Maybe the grass isn't so greener on the otherside.

Jr. walked back to his room with a dazed look as he passed JB, "Hey Jr. ah, Did you ask Mark hyung and Jackson if they wanted to eat out or stay in for dinner?"  "Huh, oh ..ah sorry JB hyung, I don't feel well maybe you guys should go out and eat. I don't really feel like cooking today." Jr. lied. He was still in a daze over what he overheard Jackson telling Mark. 

"You guys? Aren't going to eat Jr.-ah? You skipped breakfast this morning too. Just in order to make sure the rest of the members ate and you don’t want to eat lunch." "I’m fine hyung. I'm not that hungry and my head is killing me, I just need some rest. I’m really fine, don't worry! You guys go eat, it's on me." Jr. tried to coax JB, in order to hurry along their conversation.

"Are you sure you're okay Jinyoung ah? Maybe I should let Mark hyung take the rest of the guys out to dinner and keep an eye on you to make sure you're alright.” NO! I need some time to think, I really just want to be alone right now, thought Jr. "No, it’s really okay JB hyung. I'll be fine, don't skip your meal for me. I'll be okay, really I'm just going to take a bath and go to sleep early. Here, take my card and you guys go eat some meat. It was a really stressful schedule this week and the boys stayed polite and cheery, give them a treat on me!" Jr. says as he handed his card to JB.

 Just as JB was about to refute Jr. statement, when Bambam came in and interrupted him. "Hyungs, what are we having for dinner I'm starving!" "Bambam, I'm not feeling too well. So I'm not cooking tonight, but I gave JB hyung my card. You guys go eat some meat today. my treat. You all did very well this week." Bambam jumped on Jr., nearly knocking the older over. 

"Thank you! Thank you, Jr. umma your the best!" "Yah! Bambam, stop before for you cut off Jr.’s circulation and stop acting so childish”, JB scolded. “He doesn't feel well and you didn't even bother to check on his condition. Do you really think you deserve to be treated out to meat by him", JB continued on scolding the younger. 

Bambam looked down guiltily at his feet with tears in eyes when JB scolded him, he looked up at Jr. “Hyung I'm so, so sorry! I was being selfish, I'm horrible. I didn't even ask you how you are, JB hyung is right I don't deserve to be treated. I'm a horrible dongsaeng, please don't hate me hyung!" Bambam choked out, sobbing.

 Jr. glared at JB before he hugging his sobbing dongsaeng. “No, Don’t even think that! Hyung could never hate you Bambam ah. JB hyung is just being too strict! I know that you are just over-excited. Don't worry! I’m not mad. You do deserve the treat. You, Yugyeom ah, and Youngjae ah; did great in practice and during the busy schedule, we had this week. You guys didn't complain once and just worked hard. I am so proud of you guys and I wish I could go with guys, but I really just need some rest. So go eat up a lot and replenish your strength, and tell the rest of the guys the same thing. You guys can order whatever you want, no matter what JB hyung says okay? If he says anything, you just call me araso?" Jr. says has he comfortingly rubs Bambam back, trying to calm him down. 

Bambam sniffled as he nodded to his hyung, “Okay hyung, 
Thank you so much! You take such good care of us, how could we complain when we have our umma by our sides making everything easier for us, saranghae hyung!" Bambam says as he tightly hugs Jr. staring into his eyes full of love and admiration.  

"Nado saranghae Bambam ah! Now go run along and tell the others and get dressed quickly, so JB hyung can take you guys out.” He kisses Bambam forehead, as he gives him one last reassuring hug before he let him go, with a pat on his bum. Bambam giggle in glee at his hyung's affection, before running along to carry out his hyung's order. "Neh Jr. hyung! Guys Jr. hyung is treating us to meat get ready!" Bambam yelled as he ran to get dress.

Jr. chuckled at the sight of his adorable dongsaeng, "Yah! Don't spoil them Jinyoung-ah. You baby them too much!" “Don't be so strict JB hyung, they are still young. They don't need to be worrying and stressing over things, not if I can help it at least." "This is why you aren't feeling Jinyoung-ah.  You are too busy taking care of everyone else and taking on their stress, you forget to take care of yourself", JB frowned. "Don't worry JB hyung, I’m fine. Plus, we had to experience the struggles of being an idol alone. It was just us two, but now we are a team. I already know what that entails and I'm used to it by now. If I can lessen their stress by any amount, I'll do it cause I know how hard it is for them JB hyung and you do too."

 "Yes I know Jr., but even back then you not only took on your worries, but mine too, and always kept yours to yourself. You're doing it now too, I'm just worried about you. I didn't mean to be so hard on Bambam", JB says slightly guilty and ashamed that he lost his temper on Bambam. Especially, after promising himself to ease his temper. 

Jr. put his hand JB's shoulder, "It's okay, Hyung. I know you mean well. I promise to try and take better care of myself, but the maknaes don't know you like I do. They'll take your words more seriously then you meant it or misunderstand your intentions. I want you to apologize to Bambam-ah and treat the guys to meat for me, okay hyung?" Jr. told the older giving him a warm smile. Even though it's a tired smile, it is nonetheless, as bright as the sun.  Plus, Jr.'s eye smile that comes with it glistens like stars. Reminding JB how naturally handsome and cute his best friend is. Even though everyone one in got7 has amazing visuals and Mark is the face of the group, not a single one of them can measure up to Jr. outer and inner beauty, in JB’s mind.

JB sighed, as he warmly looks at the younger,  "Okay Jinyoung ah, I'll do as you say but make sure you rest up properly ok?" "Neh JB hyung". 

"Hyungs we are ready!", called the maknae trio from the living room. JB and Jr. made their way to the living room,  just as Mark and Jackson did.  Jr. glanced over at them and saw Mark hanging off of Jackson like a koala. 

Jr. felt the familiar burning feeling he usually gets when sees those two together, but this time instead of it being jealous. He feels unfiltered, raw rage at the two, now knowing that he has been played for a lovesick fool all this time. Jr. rarely got angry and even more rarely, experiences rage towards someone. However, if there is one thing that can push Jr. over the edge, it's when his genuine feelings and caring nature are taken advantage of and he is being manipulated. Especially by people he trusts. 

Although, he doesn't expect much from Jackson, seeing as the Hong Kong lad never seemed to know what limits are. He never expected Jackson to manipulate his feelings so freely. Despite that, he is more angry at Mark. He never thought his beloved hyung would ever play with his feelings in such a way as if it were some trivial game.

"What going on? Where are we going guys?" Jackson asked, while Mark still clung to his back. "We are going out for meat, Jr. hyung is treating us!" says Bambam  while Yugyeom and Youngjae run up to Jr. giving him hugs and thank yous.


 "Way to go Jinyoung ah that's how you should treat us. Instead of to your questionable cooking!" Jackson says patting Jr. back roughly in a playful manner,, but Jr. just stares blankly at Jackson, face void of emotions.

"Ahhhh Jinyoung-ah, stop staring at me like that! I was just joking!" Jackson says, momentarily worrying if Jr. was mad at him. Then he remembered that Mark was still clinging to his back and smirked slightly thinking he is jealous. 

"Mark hyung,  Jinyoung ah is being too uptight and can't take a joke. You should scold him for treating his hyung this way!" Jackson pouted and whined as he nudged Mark to play along. "Jinyoung ah, you should respect Jackson, he is your hyung and is just playing around with you stop being such a priss about!" Mark says coldly catching on to Jackson's plan and playing along. 

However, Bambam and JB thought that Jr. isn't feeling well and that's why he is acting like that. Normally, Jinyoung plays along with jokes but neither JB or Bambam thought it was a good joke. It was out of nowhere and just a little me seeing as Jackson just saw Jr. This gets them angry at the way Mark spoke to Jr. because there was nothing joking about his tone.

 "Mark hyung!" yelled JB and Bambam. "I'm sorry Jackson hyung for being rude" Jr. bowed at Jackson still with a blank face, cutting off JB and Bambam before they can scold Mark. "You guys have fun! Eat lots and extra, don't lose my card JB hyung." Jr. says with a tired and strained smile, before he retreated to his room. 

"Where is Jr. hyung going?" voiced Youngjae, the first member to get over the shock of what just occurred. JB and Bambam stare worryingly in direction of Jr.'s room, thinking he really wasn't feeling well. While Mark and Jackson were in shocked at JB's and Bambam's sudden outburst. Yugyeom is baffled by Mark's and Jackson's sudden rude and mean behavior to Jr.

 "Hyungggggg!" Youngjae shakes JB "Huh? What did you say Youngjae-ah?”, snapping everyone out of their daze. "I said where is Jinyoung hyung going?" "Oh, Hyung isn't feeling well. He says to go out without him, he isn't going to eat. He is just going to get some rest, think he has a migraine." Bambam replied sullen,  as he tore his gaze away from Jr.'s room. JB nods in agreement, corroborating Bambam’s words. 

"Aw hyung isn't feeling well, but he didn't eat anything all day," Yugyeom says worriedly. "Don't worry Yugyeom-ah. Jinyoung-ah says he just needs some rest and he will be fine tomorrow, I trust his judgement", JB says reassuring Yugyeom and the others but is still slightly worried himself. 

Jackson still thinking that Jr. is just jealous says, "oh Jinyoung-ah is fine to let's go take his card and leave before he changes his mind". Ushering the reluctant Yugyeom and Youngjae out the dorm. Mark was worried about Jr., but he still follows out after Jackson.  He was thinking the same thing as Jackson, pushing aside his gut feeling that something is wrong with Jr.and instead concluding his actions are jealousy driven. 

JB just slings his arm around Bambam and Bambam tenses up a little remembering his scolding from JB earlier and instantly forgetting about Jr. JB feels Bambam tense up and feels a rush of guilt and shame come over him again, promising himself to apologize to Bambam tonight and to make sure the younger wouldn't feel scared of him anymore.

"Let's go Bambam," JB says ushering him out thinking of how to apologize, while Bambam just follows him forgetting about Jr., in fear that his hyung will scold him again. Jr. hears the dorm front door finally shut and visibly relaxes into his bed. "They're gone" he sighs in frustration and relief, he breathes and decides to take a bath to work out all these jumbled emotions in his head.


Author Comment

Constructive criticism is appreciated and comments, if you don't mind. This my first fanfic and I'm so sorry if my writing and grammar are bad. I really appreciate all the subscribers and I will try to update again tomorrow. Ideally, I would hope to update daily, so please enjoy the story😊