What Is Park Jisung To You?

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

Mark was thinking about you, more specifically, not being able to see you every single day. He was spoiled by your everyday presence. Every morning, he'd send a text and you'd reply, the two of you would hang out in the afternoon if there was time or if there wasn't, the two of you would meet up at the dorm, then at night, he'd talk to you until you'd fall asleep. He was imagining not being able to do any of that. His schedule was already tight and if you went overseas, even Skype-ing would be hard. He hoped that you'd stay so when he saw your text early on Sunday night, his heart started to race nervously.

"Mark ah, lets meet at the roof," you texted.

He bit his bottom lip.

"What time?" he texted.

"As soon as possible..." you replied.

Mark placed his phone aside and covered his face with his hands, trying to calm himself down. At that moment, Jackson came in and looked worriedly at Mark.

"Hey, hyung, you okay?" he asked.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without her..." Mark sighed.

Jackson pressed his lips together and shook his head, feeling sorry for Mark.

"All I can say is... be strong," Jackson sighed.

LATER ON...

You were sitting down on the usual, concrete, empty space where you and Mark would lie down on and gaze at the stars. You heard footsteps approaching you. You stood up and turned around to face him.

"Okay... I'm ready..." Mark said.

You stared into his eyes and started to sniffle.

"I'm... um... I'm going to the UK..." you said.

Mark pressed his lips together and you saw tears form in his eyes. Then he started laughing and he covered his face with his hands.

"Mark, I---" you said halfway but he held his hand up.

"Ah~ Why am I like this?" he said.

He uncovered his face and you could see the traces of tears on his cheeks.

"No, I'm supposed to be happy for you. You know what, yeah, I am..." Mark said, trying to make you feel better although you weren't.

"Mark, I'm sorry..." you said.

"What... Pppshhh, you don't have to be, really! I'm happy for you!" Mark exclaimed, as happily as he could eventhough you knew it was a lie.

"You did 3 things for me when I was upset with you. I want to do 3 last things with you. We can't go some place far like LA... but I'll try to get you what you want," Mark said, trying to sound positive.

"You don't have to, Mark," you said but he shook his head stubbornly.

"I'm not letting you board that plane unless we do this," he said childishly, making the two of you chuckle.

"I... I want to have a one last first dance," you said. (because Mark was the first guy you danced with and it would be the last time dancing with him so that's why its called one last first dance).

Straight away, he took out his phone with his other hand and  Forever Young. He placed his phone on the platform close to the two of you. The soft melody floated through the air as the two of you started reminiscing about the first time the two of you danced together. 

FLASHBACK

"Oh... No... No... No... I don't dance," you said.

"I'm sure you're not that bad," Mark said encouragingly.

"You don't get it... I have not danced with someone before," you said.

"Then, you'll have your first dance with me," he said.

"What if I trip and fall on you?" you asked.

"Then, I'll catch you. You trust me, right?" he asked.

 

You felt tears sting your eyes as Mark slowly approached you just like before. He held out his hand... exactly like before and smiled at you sweetly.

"One last... First dance... Number one," he said.

You laughed a little before holding his hand. As though it was second nature, you placed your hands on his shoulders and he wrapped his arms around your waist. the two of you danced slowly as though it was like that night back in LA. The both of you cherished every moment, even when the song had finsihed, the dance continued on for a few more seconds. You leaned your forehead on his shoulder when you felt tears streaming down your face.

"Number two?" he asked, his voice getting a little hoarse.

"We don't have to..." you said.

Mark stepped behind slightly so that you could look at him face to face.

"We have to," he said stubbornly.

"Tell me what am I to you... What does Park Jisung mean to you?" you said.

"Come on... are you serious?" he asked and you nodded.

Mark stared at you, paying attention to every single detail.

"Park Jisung... is my best friend. She's loud... rude... rugged... and probably the manliest girl I've ever met," he said.

"Yah!" you scolded making him smile.

Then he faced the floor for a few seconds.

"That's what makes me love her even more..." he said softly before facing back up again.

"Because, no other girl, no matter how similar or different, can capture my heart like my best friend, Park Jisung," he said as tears started escaping from his eyes.

You started crying as well but you continued looking at him... and thinking how much you absolutely loved him.

"No other girl can make me feel happy, angry, annoyed, sad, heartbroken, excited, scared... and loved... like Park Jisung because she's teh most amazing girl that I've ever met... and I'm going to miss her... because she's one in an infinity. That's what Park Jisung is to me," Mark said.

You bit your lips as they started to tremble. You wiped away your tears and so did Mark.

"Number three, 'hyung'," Mark said.

"... I want to end this..." you sighed.

Mark saw it coming and more tears started flowing.

"We'll both be busy... and... I don't want the two of us, continously and hopelessly waiting to talk on the phone or video call. I don't want to wait for you to video call me when you finish your schedule and I don't want you to call me all the time and get upset because I wouldn't be able to pick up all the time..." you said in between sobs.

"I understand... Lets break up..." he said.

"And I know its past 3 things but when I leave... could you not come?" you asked.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because if you come... I don't think I could leave... I don't want you to see me leave twice. The first time was enough," you said.

Mark nodded and sighed. He approached you and kissed you passionately for a few seconds before leaving. You watched him leave and it felt like your heart was shattering into a million pieces.

"Bye, Mr. Dimsum..." you sighed.