Because You're My Friend

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

GOT7 and you had already arrived back in South Korea. Mark's relatives back in LA had sent all of you off with gifts. Each and every one of them had asked you to come back next time and you hoped you could too. Everyone had been so hospitable and being around people who love you and you love was like a fairytale. You wished you could stay there forever but like what Mark had said before... Some fairytales do come true and some don't. Besides, you had an issue to solve.

The taxi pulled up right in front of your huge house and you knew from your step parents had already come back as you saw their cars in the driveway. You opened the front gate and walked closer to the house until you heard the sound of a ball bouncing, straight away knowing that Jinyoung was playing basketball at the mini basketball court he had set up behind the house. You placed your bags in the living room and went to the basketball court. Jinyoung was covered in sweat, probably because he had been playing for hours.

"I'm back..." you said loudly... yet a hint of guilt in your voice.

Jinyoung stopped playing but he didn't turn behind to face you.

"Where did you go this time?" he asked.

"LA... with GOT7 hyungs. I told them that you knew so don't be mad at them... be mad at me," you said.

You heard him sigh... for maybe the thousandth time.

"Whatever... I'm tired of being mad at you..." Jinyoung said as he threw the ball accurately into the small hoop.

You bit your lip, knowing you had to put your pride aside for a while to make things right with him.

"I'm... sorry..." you said.

Straight away, Jinyoung who had went forward to get the ball, stopped and turned around.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm... sorry..." you said, meaning every word.

"I've been nothing but a pain in your since the day I got here. I should've been thankful but..." you stopped halfway, feeling the tears coming.

Jinyoung approached you slowly and gave you a fatherly hug... a hug that you missed so much. Feeling the familiar warmth of a parent, you started crying into his sleeve.

"IT WAS JUST THAT I MISS THEM SO MUCH!!!" you cried.

"Its okay... I know, I know... Your step mother and I always knew that you were having a hard time... We understand..." he said comfortingly.

"I'M SO SORRY, JINYOUNG!!!" you cried some more, letting more tears flow.

You were now in your room, your luggage in front of you. The door opened and Jinyoung came in with a cup of tea. He handed the cup of tea to you and sat down on the floor beside you.

"I can't... ever be your father, Jisung... but I will always love you like I am one," Jinyoung said.

You shook your head.

"No... You've done so much for me for 4 years. You're definitely my father," you said making Jinyoung smile.

"I know this might be too late and it might be weird but... can I call you and Mrs Park, Appa and Omma?" you asked carefully.

"Um... It'll just be Appa... My wife decided to be with another man and I let her..." Jinyoung said sadly.

"Oh... I'm so sorry..." you said.

Actually, in all honesty, you totally saw that coming. That woman barely spent any time with you or him and you kind of knew she just married him for the money.

"Ei~ Whatever. I got over it the moment I realised that we didn't even love each other anyway," Jinyoung said casually.

With that, the two of you started catching up on stuff. You told him how much you loved hanging out with GOT7 and also how much fun you had in LA... and you decided to tell him about you feelings for Mark as well since he had been fine with you telling him that you shared the same bed with all of them at least 3 times.

"Hm... Mark huh?" he said.

"Erm... but nah... He isn't into girls like me anyway and I realised that me and him can't ever be a 'We' so yeah..." you said sadly.

Jinyoung smiled reassuringly.

"If it helps... there are many other guys in the world," he said and you smiled at his effort to make you feel better.

"Oh! Man... I have a conference to go to! Yah, yah, yah! You're going to tell me when your next match is right?!" he said in a rush.

"Yes, yes, I will! Promise!" you said and with that, he showed you a thumbs up before running off to get ready and leave.

1 HOUR LATER...

Just then, your phone started ringing. It was Mark.

"Hello, Mark?" you called out.

"Jisung ah... Something happened to JYP..." Mark said in a shaky tone.

LATER ON...

You slammed the entrance doors of the hospital open and was shocked by all the reporters and crying fans. Mark was waiting for you by the emergency staircase entrance and quickly pulled you in, away from everyone else.

"Mark! Where is he?!" you asked, panicking.

"Surgery... He's still in surgery..." Mark said.

"Take me to him," you said firmly.

With that, the two of you ran up 3 flights of stairs and ran down a few aisles. The two of you stopped when you saw the rest of GOT7 and the rest of the JYPE idols outside the surgery room. Everyone noticed that you were there and straight away tried to look confident that Jinyoung was going to complete the surgery.

"Where. Is. The. Drunk. Driver?" you asked, slowly curling in your fingers to make a fist.

"Jisung..." Mark said, trying to calm you down.

"YAH! WHY... WHY AM I IN A HOSPITAL?!" you heard a drunken man scream in the room down the aisle.

You knew right away that that man was the one that was responsible for the state your step-father was in now. Before you could walk into the room, Mark blocked your way.

"I know you're angry... I know the one thing you hate most in this world is drunk drivers because of people like them, you're an orphan, I know," Mark said.

"Get. Away. Mark. Now..." you said firmly.

"You know I can't let you..." Mark said stubbornly.

"YAH MARK TUAN!!! I'M GOING TO KILL THAT SON OF A B*TCH SO STEP ASIDE!!!" you shouted.

"NO! I'M NOT LETTING YOU!" Mark yelled.

"GO AWAY BEFORE I HATE YOU!!!!" you screamed as you started crying.

"THEN HATE ME!!!" Mark screamed back.

His words caught you offguard and you just stared into his eyes.

"You can't let people like him see you cry! I won't let you because you're my friend and I care about you!" Mark said as his tears started to flow as well.

Without any words, you wrapped your arms around his waist and cried into his shirt while he leaned his forehead on your shoulder and cried into your sleeve. Everyone was scared about one thing. You were still a minor and if anything happened to Jinyoung... you'd have to find a new guardian which meant leaving GOT7 and worse... Mark Tuan.