In Our Memories

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

AT NIGHT...

"We feeling good tonight..." the song played.

Mark was dancing in the room alone, trying to figure some things out. Whenever he was facing a problem and he had to deal with it alone, he would dance for hours on end until he couldn't dance anymore. Meanwhile, knowing that Mark would be at the the company building to have some time alone, you went to the GOT7 dorm and Jackson was the one who opened the door.

"Oh! 'Hyung', are you okay?" he asked.

Just then, your lips started to tremble but you nodded when he asked. Knowing that you were about to cry, he placed his hand behind your neck and pulled you gently towards him for a hug. You cried into his shoulder as he patted your back slowly.

"Come on... I'll sleep over your house tonight..." Jackson said as he let you go and went back into the dorm.

They rarely slept over at your place since JYP and his wife were usually around. However, sometimes when they're both busy or even better, OVERSEAS, they'd sleep over.

LATER ON...

Mark made his way through the pitch black living room and into his room. He threw the bag at the side, knowing that it would land on his mattress before turning on the light. He stared at Jackson's messy mattress... shocked to not see a snoring Jackson on it. He went inside JB's and Youngjae's room and knelt down beside JB.

"JB ah..." Mark called out, not bothering to lower his voice since Youngjae could practically sleep through an earthquake.

JB fluttered his eyes open and saw Mark.

"Hmmm?" JB groaned.

"Where's Jackson?" Mark asked.

JB blinked his eyes a few times, trying to think of an answer since he was sleepy.

"Oh, yeah... He's sleeping over 'Hyung's' house..." JB answered after thinking for almost half a minute.

"Just him? Alone with her?" Mark asked, disturbed.

"Haish... She came over crying and she needed someone to be by her side... so Jackson is just sleeping over for a night. Can you please go back to sleep?" JB grunted.

Before even Mark could answer, JB closed his eyes and went back into a deep sleep straight away. Mark sighed. They all did sleep over your house... but it was never only one person sleeping over, at least there would be Mark and two others.

You and Jackson were on your bed, just lying down and not speaking a word, taking in the beautiful glow of the fairy lantern lights.

"You like Mark... Don't you?" Jackson asked.

You scoffed at his question, seeing that that question was asked too late.

"How did you know?" you asked.

"Pssh... You should see how you act around him," Jackson said.

You raised an eyebrow and lied down on your side, facing him, and he did the same.

"Like?" you asked.

"You hug him the longest, you laugh the loudest at his lame jokes and when the 7 of us are in the room, I see your eyes darting around until you see Mark and then you'd smile the brightest," Jackson answered.

"Really?... I... I didn't notice," you said.

"I wonder when Mark will know," Jackson said as he turned to lie on his back to face the ceiling.

You did the same and sighed.

"Nah... He's never going to know that I love him," you said.

"I'm not talking about that. I mean, I wonder when he'll know that he loves you too," Jackson said.

"Pfft... Please, he'd choose me over any pretty girl that he gets attracted to," you said.

"Yah... Did you know that he always plans for your birthday, one month before it happens? There was once when he ran through the rain to get to your match so that he wouldn't be late. Every time we're out shopping, he'd always ask me, 'What do you think Jisung would like?'. He checks his phone at least three times in 10 minutes to see if you texted or called him. If you replied him straight away, he would have the biggest smile on his face and if you replied him later than usual, he'd get so insecure and start to think that you were upset with him. He loves you as mush as you love him... Its just that he needs time to realise that," Jackson revealed.

"... I asked him, 'Minah or me?'. He picked Minah almost straight away. He doesn't love me... He just got so used to me always being there for him that he just needed me," you sighed, a tear falling down your cheek.

THE NEXT MORNING...

You woke up when the sunlight hit your eyes and looked to the side to see that Jackson had already left for his schedule. Your phone was vibrating on the table beside your bed and you saw that Mark had actually called you 5 times. The vibration stopped and it became 6 missed calls.

Mark's phone vibrated during his break and he was so tempted to start jumping up and down when he saw your name appear on the screen. He picked up the call.

"JISUNG AH!!!" he exclaimed but you ignored him.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" you asked, sounding sleepy and sad at the same time.

"We're... still friends, right?" he asked carefully.

"... Mark, we'll always be friends..." you said.

"Awesome! Hey! Lets hang out later!" he proposed.

"I can't... I'll be busy," you lied.

"Oh... Okay... How about two days from now?" he asked.

"... I'll be busy then too..." you lied again.

"... We're... We're not going to be friends again... Are we?" he asked, heartbreak sounding in every word he spoke.

Mark heard you sniffle over the phone and his eyes started getting teary as well.

"You don't need me anymore... You have Minah, don't you?" you said.

"... But... I need you..." he said.

You bit you lip and your tears started to fall. Mark always got you at his unexpected words.

"Minah... is what you need now. Mark, we'll always be friends... just in our memories," you said.

"Jisung... Please... I don't want to lose you..." Mark pleaded.

"... I'm sorry, bro... You already did..." you said and with that, you hung up as more tears started to fall.