I'm Sorry...

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

Mark opened the door to the dorm and saw you outside. His eyes darted around nervously, knowing about what you had said.

"Mark Tuan, you okay?" you asked.

He snapped back to reality and stood back, letting you in.

"Ah... Yeah, I am. I got little rest last night so I'm pretty blur today..." Mark said.

"Mark, can we go somewhere private and talk?" you asked suddenly.

Mark's heart rate increased and his palms started getting sweaty. He then remembered that the two of you were best friends and in no way could you fall for him so he relaxed himself.

"Sure... Hm... JR's room is empty now because he's out," Mark said.

With that, the two of you headed into JR's room. On the way, you bumped into Bambam while Mark headed in first.

"Bambam, I'm going to tell him..." you said.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" Bambam said in a hushed but firm tone.

"I have nothing to lose now," you said.

Bambam held your hand.

"I don;t know what's going to happen to JYP sunbae... but I have to say this. I know you love Mark, both as a friend and something more... but I'm sorry, Jisung, he doesn't feel the same way. If he knows, there's a good chance that you're going to lose him and we both know where that's going to lead you to... Heartbreak," Bambam said worriedly.

You pressed your lips together and smiled slightly.

"I have to try... Even if I experience heartbreak, it wouldn't be the first time anyway," you said.

Bambam was at a loss for words as you went ahead and entered JR's room. You closed the glass door behind you and saw that Mark was standing near the closets and just looking around the room casually. Once he noticed you were in the room, he turned to smile at you.

"How's JYP sunbae?" He asked.

"Nothing happened yet," you said and Mark just nodded sadly.

"Mark? Remember when I asked you whether you thought fairytales were true?" you asked and he nodded.

"There's this fairytale I want... but I'm scared that I can't have it," you said.

"What's the fairytale?" he asked.

You took in a slow and deep breath and gathered all the courage and bravery you had in you.

"I fell in love... with my best friend... and I'm scared that he wouldn't feel the same way and... he would leave..." you said carefully.

"Best... friend?" Mark repeated and you nodded slowly.

Mark closed his eyes for a few seconds and realised that you had been giving him hints. The blushing, the awkward silences that you two had sometimes and when you told him your ideal type, he realised that those were all pointing to him. He opened his eyes and continued staring at you.

"Mark... Please say something..." you said, disappointment already filling you.

"Sung ah..." Mark said reluctantly.

The moment he did your eyes started to get teary. Just from that you knew that he didn't feel the same way.

"Ah... That's how it is... Hais... I actually already knew. Why am I such a pabo and believe differently?" you said, trying to smile and make it seem that you were fine... but your tears said differently.

Mark approached you but you took a step back.

"Jisung... I'm sorry... but I don't feel the same way with you..." Mark said, shooting a dagger into your already weak heart.

You laughed, trying to get over it like it was nothing. It was over. Mark would be distant so that he wouldn't lead you on and you definitely wouldn't be the same around him.

"I... um... I should go," you said as you turned around to leave.

"Jisung ah!" Mark called out but you were already out of the room.

Bambam who was in the living room was shocked when you rushed out. He sighed, knowing what that meant. A few seconds later, Mark came out, a look of guilt and helplessness on his face.

"Hyung!" Bambam scolded.

"What was I supposed to do lie?!" Mark argued.

Bambam stood up and stormed over to him.

"Telling her you love her won't be lying! It would be the truth!" Bambam fought back.

"BUT I DON'T FEEL THE SAME WAY!" Mark shouted.

The members that were present in the house all came out of their rooms after hearing the screaming.

"Why? Why are you two arguing?" JB asked, pulling Bambam away from Mark.

"HE HURT JISUNG! Bambam shouted before going into his room angrily.

Everyone looked at Mark with widened eyes.

"Yah... What did you do to 'Hyung'?" JB asked seriously.

"She told me that she had feelings for me so I told her carefullt that I didn't feel the same way," Mark explained.

"Hyung! Why did you do that?!" Youngjae asked angrily.

"Ugh! WAS I SUPPOSED TO LIE?! I KNOW SHE'S GOING THROUGH A ROUGH TIME! SAYING I LOVE HER WHEN I ACTUALLY DON'T WOULD MAKE THINGS WORSE!" Mark yelled.

"YOU THINK THIS IS BETTER?! SHE LOST HER PARENTS AND NOW SHE'S CLOSE TO LOSING HER STEPDAD, HER STEPMOTHER LEFT AND NOW HER BEST FRIEND!?! HER BEST FRIEND WHO MEANS THE WORLD TO HER TURNS HIS BACK ON HER! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SHE'S FEELING NOW?!" Jackson screamed at the top of his lungs.

Jackson's words made everyone silent. JB pulled him away and decided to calm him down in the kitchen. Youngjae followed JB to calm him down, leaving Yugyeom and Mark alone in the living room.

"Mark hyung... Please just... fix it before its too late," Yugyeom said after a long silence.

MEANWHILE...

You were in the hospital next to Jinyoung when the door opened and a man in a suit came in with a briefcase. You knew right away who that man would be.

"Good evening, Miss Park. I'm ---" the man said halfway.

"From social services..." you continued and he bit his lip and nodded.

You sighed.

"When will I need to leave?" you asked emotionlessly, not giving a damn about the world anymore.

"Tomorrow... I'll pick you up at 10am outside your house," he said.

LATER ON...

You came back home, lazy to pack your stuff so you decided to pack everything you needed tomorrow morning. For the last time, you turned off the lights in the room and the fairy lantern lights instead. You started thinking about Mark and everything the two of you had been through. All the matches he attended to cheer you on, the many hugs and tackles he gave you to show you how much he cherished your presence. Now all those will just be sweet memories because you two can't ever be the same again.