First Dance

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

You heard noises from the first floor meaning the the guests have all arrived. You never really liked parties. As in, if it was with people you were close with like GOT7 and the other idols in JYPE that you knew, you were fine. In fact, you'd be a social butterfly but once its with people like strangers, you turn into an introvert and you just sit at a table and eat silently. You sat on the bed, choosing between a t-shirt... and another t-shirt. To be honest, even you knew that it was hopeless. Just then, Mrs. Tuan came in, smiling.

"Jisung? You can't find anything to wear, huh?" she asked, hitting the jackpot.

You laughed and scratched the back of your neck.

"Er... Yeah... I just brought a couple of jeans and shirts and a few beanies and snapbacks and a pair of faded red sneakers," you said sadly.

She giggled.

"Well, you're just in luck because I have two daughters and they were exactly your size when they were 17 too," Mrs. Tuan said.

With that, she walked towards the cupboard and opened it. She took out a white box, it was kind of grey because of all the dust. She handed it out to you and you opened the lid. There laid a pretty, pink dress. It wasn't dramatic and grand, it was just a simple dress but it seemed special like it was effortlessly beautiful.

"Its so pretty, Mrs Tuan!" you exclaimed as you stood in front of the mirror and pictured you wearing it.

You heard a sniffle and saw Mrs Tuan tearing up. You approached her and placed your hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay, Mrs Tuan?" you asked and she nodded and smiled.

"My daughter, Grace, wore this for her first date... Hais... She was so excited and I remembered we had so much fun shopping. Seeing you wear it is just... its precious. Thank you, Jisung," she said as a few tears escaped her eyes.

You wiped away her tears and smiled.

"Ei~ You don't have to thank me..." you said.

"Okay! Well, um, makeup and all that is in the drawers of that table over there. Just come down when you're ready," she said before leaving the room to let you get ready.

20 MINUTES LATER...

The party was held on the lawn. There were lights hanging around, from tree to tree and there was music playing.

"Gosh, could you please stop, Lucy?" Mark complained as Lucy went on and on about how other girls at the party were dressed, criticizing every little detail.

"What? I'm right, aren't I? That girl is way too short and fat to wear that kind of dress!" Lucy argued.

The rest of GOT7 and also, Joey, were with the two of them. Just after talking to Lucy for several minutes, they understood why everyone was relieved that Mark and her broke up. Just then, JB's jaw dropped and everyone just stared at him.

"What?" Mark asked and JB pointed towards the back door.

Everyone looked and everyone's eyes widened as they saw you.

  

(What you were wearing)

You walked down the stairs, trying not to trip or do something clumsy since you didn't wear heels and dresses often. You looked up around you to see almost everyone's eyes on you. You looked at everyone awkwardly and brushed a bit of your hair behind your left ear. Without noticing, Mark was awed by you. He didn't even realise himself smiling the moment he saw you. At that moment, a snort was heard and the 8 boys snapped their heads towards Lucy.

"She should wear a maxi dress. Her bulky calves are showing too much. I feel bad for her," she commented rudely.

Everyone glared at her and Mark just had enough of her rudeness.

"Her calves are fine. She could wear whatever she wants and she'll look perfect, whether it be a shirt or a dress... so don't feel sorry for her," Mark said firmly, taking Lucy aback and everyone else smile at mark's sudden braveness.

"I think you should leave, Lucy," Mark said.

"Fine, whatever. I hate coming to your family events anyway..." Lucy said before storming off.

"Woah... looks like sunshine walked out"

Mark turned around and saw you, peering over his shoulder and watching Lucy leave. He smiled and shook his head.

"Yeah... You look... different," Mark said.

"Yeah. Dude, this is why I wear shirts and jeans 24/7," you said.

"No, I mean, a good... different..." Mark said, smiling and you smiled shyly as well.

At that moment, the music changed to a familiar tune.

"Nan niga joah, niga joah, niga joah, neomu joah..."

"WOOOO!!! THIS IS MY JAM!" Jackson exclaimed wildly after finishing a straight shot of fruit punch.

"Come on! Lets dance!" Bambam cheered as the two of them ran to the center of the lawn and started dancing.

In just about 2 minutes, they got everyone else to dance as well. Mark was dancing happilly when he noticed you sitting alone and smiling at everyone dancing. He approached you and held out his hand. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh... No... No... No... I don't dance," you said.

"I'm sure you're not that bad," Mark said encouragingly.

"You don't get it... I have not danced with someone before," you said.

"Then, you'll have your first dance with me," he said.

"What if I trip and fall on you?" you asked.

"Then, I'll catch you. You trust me, right?" he asked.

That last question strummed your heart strings and with a smile, you held his hand. He led you to the center of the lawn where there was enough space for the two of you two dance. He let go of your hands and started dancing freely. You jsut stared at him...wondering how the heck he could do it was simply and so flawlessly. Seeing that you were lost, he held your hands and started swaying them. The two of you laughed but after awhile you two got the hang of dancing like that and enjoyed it. All of a sudden, the music changed and there was beat drop. "Forever Young" was playing and the only ones that were dancing were the couples that had attended the party. The two of you wanted to go back to the table when... of course, who else wanted the two to you to stay...

"YAH! YAH! YAH! I REQUESTED THE SONG FOR THE TWO OF YOU! SO GO DANCE!" Jackson shouted.

Mark laughed nervously while you blushed insanely. Everyone else started to cheer the two of you on, even Mark's parenst and relatives. Mark tapped your shoulder and you turned back around to look at him. He held out his hand again and smiled brightly.

"Well, lets just do what they want if it makes them happy," Mark said and you laughed.

"Errr... Yeah, sure, whatever," you said, trying to keep your cool.

Mark pulled you in close and wrapped his arms around your waist. By instinct, you placed your hands on his shoulders and let him lead you in the slow dance. Whenever the two of you turned and you were facing the rest of the boys, they would show you a thumbs up making you blush even more than you already were. The 3rd time you saw them, without thinking, you leaned your forehead on Mark's shoulder. Mark's eyes widened slightly as he felt a slight spark when you did that. You quickly leaned your head back.

"Oh, sorry, bro," you said, making Mark snap back to reality.

"Oh... Nah, its fine," he said.

"You wanna stop now? I'm getting a tiny bit hungry," you said.

You carefully stepped back but Mark held his arms around you tighter, making your heart skip a beat.

"Erm... A little while more... Its comfortable like this for me," he said.

You smiled and nodded, knowing exactly what he meant... since you felt the same way too.