Mark's Fear

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

Mark had just hung up when he heard you start to snore a little on the phone.

"That girl..." he sighed happily.

Jackson looked at him judgingly before softly saying "Ew".

"Oh, you heard about the good news right?" Mark asked Jackson.

"Oh, that someone commented saying that I was hot?" Jackson said afterwards, showing Mark his "Oh. my. God. I. Know" face.

Mark looked at him emotionlessly.

"No," Mark said simply causing Jackson to pout his lips.

"I mean about Jisung getting a try-out to represent South Korea," Mark said,.

"OH! Heck yeah! Another athlete-buddy!" Jackson said, hyped up.

"Guess you'll miss her then, huh?" Jackson continued.

Mark raised an eyebrow at Jackson.

"What are you talking about? Why would I miss her?" Mark asked.

"Don't you know? Athletes usually have to go overseas for their careers," Jackson explained.

Mark continued looking at Jackson blankly, trying to deny what he had just said.

"Oh... You didn't know... I'm sorry, Mark hyung..." Jackson said sadly but it was too late.

Mark knew you would do great at the try-outs... but that was what he was afraid of.

 

THE NEXT DAY...

It was a thursday which meant that you had to practice for the the next day which was your soccer try-out. Jinyoung had allowed you to skip school for the day since it was a reasonable excuse to not go to school and besides, your coach was the one that had wanted you to practice that day as well. Jinyoung had set up a mini soccer field behind the basketball court he had for you a few weeks back and it was finally ready. You headed out to the field when you realised that Mark was playing basketball in the court.

"Yah... You do know that there is a basketball court closer to your dorm right?" you asked.

Mark stopped playing and turned to look at you. He flashed you his adorable, child-like smile and approached you.

"Slept well?" he asked and you nodded.

"You?" you asked,

"Hm... Not really..." Mark said teasingly.

"And why is that? Did Jackson keep you up late at night?" you asked as the two of you headed towards the field.

"Nope... because I couldn't stop thinking about you~~~ HAHAHA!!!" Mark said cheesily.

"OH MY GOD!!! WHAT THE?!" you whined while he continued laughing at his own lame pick-up line.

Mark sat at the side as you practiced. It had been an hour since you started.

"Sung ah! Come on, come rest..." Mark shouted.

"I just started!" you yelled.

"Yah! It has been an hour so give yourself a break before I make you have a break!" Mark nagged.

"Pppshhh..." you muttered as you jogged and sat next to him.

"I want to ask you something..." he said, suddenly in a serious tone.

"Woah... So serious. What's up?" you asked as you gulped down some water.

"If we break up... would you be okay?" he asked.

"Why are you thinking about that?" you asked, expecting the worse.

"I'm just saying if something happened... and we had to... if it was for the best if we broke up... you'd be fine, right?" he asked.

"If it was for the best... yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be fine straight away but I guess... I could move on..." you replied and he nodded.

"How about you?" you asked.

"To be honest, I spent 4 months without me and that was already... hah..." he answered, not able to express it in words since it was too much.

"Then we can't break up. It wouldn't be for the best if one of us wouldn't be able to handle it, right?" you said as you stood up.

"Yeah... sure... Oh and one more thing, if you could be anything other than a soccer player, what would you be?" Mark asked.

You thought about it hard and several seconds passed and Mark knew you wanted to be a soccer player as much as he wanted to be an idol.

"Aish, this girl... Just go practice!" he whined.

"Yah, Mark Tuan... I bet if you were a striker and I was a goalkeeper, you would win..." you said, a mischievous smile on your face.

"Hahaha... I highly doubt so... but why would I win?" he asked.

"Because... YOU SCORED A GOAL INTO MY HEART!!!" you shouted cheesily as pay back.

Mark started laughing hysterically as you continued running to the center of the field, your back facing him, hiding your embarassment from Mark for saying such a cheesy pick up line.