Best Friends

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

"KIDS!!! WAKE UP!!!"

Mark fluttered his eyes open and the first thing he saw was Jackson's feet, one giant toe peeping through the big hole in his sock. Mark sat up straight and gave a long and big yawn. At that moment, JB came in and saw that Mark was awake.

"Hyung, there's noone using the toilet now and you bathe the fastest, so you should go first," JB said politely.

"Ah... Okay, okay," Mark said in a husky tone.

Mark had finished showering and was brushing his teeth. While doing so, he was staring at his reflection in his mirror.

"Wah... I look so handsome..." Mark said out loud and after doing so, he laughed to himself.

Everyone was getting ready and as per usual, he was on his phone, surfing through his social media platforms... and something caught his eye.

"I GOT A NEW SNAPBACK!!! ASSA!!!"

Mark smiled and straight away turned his messenger app on.

"Yah... Park Jisung, how many snapbacks do you have?" he texted you.

You were in the middle of dozing off in class when you heard the vibration of your phone. You muttered a few curses under your breath and you saw Mark's face light up on the screen making you scoff. You saw his message and chuckled quietly, trying not to get the teacher to notice you.

"Yah... How many do you and Jackson have?!" you argued back through text.

Mark saw your message and laughed.

"Yah... Jackson and I earn our money to buy those snapbacks... You stole money from your step-dad again, didn't you?" Mark asked.

"Hehehe... Yah, you know me too well..." you texted back.

Just then, your phone wasn't in your hands anymore. You cursed out loud accidentally since it was your habit if you got shocked or annoyed. Then... you looked up and saw that it was your teacher, frowning down at you. In response, you smiled slightly in mischief.

A WHILE LATER...

"Hah..." Mark sighed as he lied down on the floor after dance practice.

The 7 boys had just finished an intensive 4 hour long dance practice and were dead tired.

"Oh... I need to check my phone!" Mark exclaimed as he shot up and ran to get it.

"Huh? Why???" JR asked in a tone.

"Who else... It'll be 'Hyung' (You)" JB teased and everyone started to make weird kissing noises.

"What? Heck no, guys! She's like my dongsaeng. Besides she's more like a brother," Mark explained.

"She's coming up!!!!" Mark exclaimed as he hid behind the door.

"Geez... You're a total kid whenever you're with Jisung, seriously..." Jackson sighed.

You opened the door and stretched your hands out wide.

"I SURVIVED SCHOOL TODAY WITH ONLY ONE DETENTION SLIP!!!" you yelled and the resr responded by clapping half-heartedly since they were too tired.

Just then, Mark came out of hiding and gave you a back hug, making you jump. Mark knew you were ticklish and the two of you were both laughing hysterically. To be honest, the rest of GOT7 kind of shipped the two of you together. It was completely obvious that you two were INSEPERABLE. However, whenever they tell the two of you to just be together as a couple, you two would just say that you were friends.

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER...

Mark and you were hanging out on the open roof of the JYPE building. You loved hanging out there to just relax and only Mark knew that you loved being there. Mark and you would talk for hours, lying down on the cement roof floor, looking up into the sky and watching it turn from cloudy to starry.

"Hey, Mark..." you said suddenly after a few minutes of silence.

"Hm?" he mumbled.

"You believe in fairy tales?" you asked suddenly, making him chuckle.

"Why so sudden?" he asked.

"Because... when I was in the orphanage... there was this friend of mine that told me that getting adopted was her fairy tale... and she got adopted," you explained.

"Hm... Then, I guess I do. I mean, some do of course and some don't," Mark said.

"Like?" you asked.

"Like... An ugly duckling can't turn into a beautiful swan, it'll just be another ordinary duck. A kiss can't turn a frog into a prince and glass slippers could actually fit on more than one girl," Mark explained.

"Why? You believe in fairy tales?" Mark asked, looking at you at an angle from beside you.

You were looking up into the sky, looking past the clouds and watching the stars twinkle.

"Nah... I mean I want to but... life hasn't been the easiest for me, you know? To be honest, the closest thing I have to a fairytale is GOT7," you said making Mark smile.

"Jisung?" Mark called out.

"Huh?" you said.

"I'm glad that you're my best friend," Mark said.

"Yeah... I am too, bro," you said, smiling.