The Reason Why I'm Close To You

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

GOT7, Joey and you were cleaning up on the lawn. Just then, Bambam had an idea and asked the rest to quickly finish up their clean up work to give you and Mark some privacy.

"Well, we're going to go up now. Its just left with the lights on the trees. You two can do that, right?" Mr Tuan asked.

"Oh, yeah sure thing, Dad," Mark said before his parents went back into the house.

You laughed as you looked up at Mark who was sitting on a thick branch of a tree.

"Hey, you need help down there?" Mark asked with a laugh.

With a snort, you took of your heels and climbed up the tree with ease.

"I don't need a man, I don't need a man~" you sang teasingly making Mark laugh some more.

Mark was taking down the lights while you coiled the lights with your hands. You looked up past the leaves and branches and stared into the dark, starry night sky.

"Its exactly the same sky..." you said as you kept on looking up.

Mark followed your gaze and sighed.

"Yeah... You know what?" he asked.

"Hm?" you asked.

"I was always so busy doing my own stuff. Then, when I met you, I started noticing the beauty in everything, like taking a breather and looking up into the sky... skipping work to enjoy life a bit. I never would have done any of that if I hadn't met you," Mark said.

You looked at him and then looked away, smiling.

"... You reminded me of Lucy back then..." Mark said all of a sudden.

You looked up at him again and frowned slightly.

"Lucy?" you asked and he nodded.

"We used to be best friends... I mean, she wasn't the boyish type. Then, one day she confessed to me and then afterwards I told her that I liked her as well. Then... she changed. Not only did I lose my girlfriend... but my best friend as well. So when I came to Korea, I told myself to never fall for my best friend again if I ever had one. Please, don't take this the wrong way... but... the reason why I wanted to be close to you was because I knew you wouldn't ever fall for me and I wouldn't fall for you. Just... being friends with you makes things so much less complicated! You get what I mean right?" he asked as he resumed handing to you more lights.

You quickly turned around, your back facing him... so that he wouldn't see you cry. You realised you had to answer his question so you gave a little laugh.

"Yeah... Yeah, I know right..." you said eventhough more tears were falling.

"Awesome... Its great how I can count on you as a friend..." Mark said with sincerity.

"Hah... Yeah... Same here..." you said, trying to cover up the sadness in your tone.

THE NEXT DAY...

You wore your usual clothes. A huge OBEY tshirt with baggy navy green pants that ended just below your knees with your faded red sneakers and a black beanie. You looked at yourself in the mirror and sighed.

"... I guess I'll always be your best friend, Mark..." you sighed.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and Mark came in.

"Hey! There's the Jisung I know!" he exclaimed and you smiled slightly.

"So! We're in LA! What's the third one?" you asked, recalling the three things he wanted to do to make it up to you.

"A family outing..." he said with a cheeky smile on his face.

"But... I don't have a family..." you said.

Just then, Jackson barged into the room and tackled you, making the two of you fall on the bed.

"HI, DONGSAENG!!!!!" Jackson yelled.

The rest of GOT7 had rushed in as well and everyone was sitting on the bed and laughing, including you as you wore back the beanie that had fallen off. Mark smiled seeing you happy. Then, Mr and Mrs Tuan came in.

"Well! I wouldn't mind having another daughter..." Mr Tuan said, a fatherly smile on his face.

You looked at everyone and then at Mark, smiling.

"You always told me that you missed your family. Well, we're not your real family but... we do love you, so what do you say?" Mark asked.

You bit your lips and contained your tears from falling.

"I say... Heck yeah, lets go..." you said and everyone cheered.

You and Mark smiled brightly at one another and laughed a little.

"You surprise me, Mark Tuan... Maybe that's why I love you..." you thought to yourself and slowly your smile faded.

LATER ON...

Somehow, everyone had managed to fit inside the van. Mr and Mrs Tuan were sitting at the front while everyone was sitting at the back. You were sitting in between Jackson and Joey. Jackson was snoring... and after hanging out with GOT7 for years, you developed an... instinct... an "Annoy someone at their most vulnerable" instinct. You nudged Joey using your shoulder and he looked at you. You looked at Jackson and then back at Joey. Joey caught on quick.

"What do we do?" Joey asked quietly.

You leaned in towards Joey to whisper into his ear while he leaned closer to hear you. Mark, who was sitting behind Jackson, noticed the two of you... being all... close. He just continued staring until Joey opened a can of coke. You took it and when Jackson had opened his mouth to snore, you poured the coke into his mouth. Jackson woke up straight away and spurted out some of the coke onto JB who was sitting in front of him. Everyone in the car bursted out laughing, well, except for Jackson and JB... and Mark. He usually would've laughed but... seeing that it was you and Joey who worked together just... didn't make him feel confortable.

After what seemed like forever, all of you reached Hollywood. You and the rest of GOT7 except for Mark, who had already been there, woahed as they walked out of the van and took in the beautiful sights. Mark stood beside you and smiled seeing you smile.

"Family outing... to Hollywood. You wanted to come here right? You told me once when we were on the roof," Mark recalled.

Without a word, you hugged him tighy, catching him offguard. No words could express how thankful you were and with just your hug, Mark knew you were thankful.

"Hey! Jisung!" Joey called out.

You looked up and saw that Joey was standing in front of a street magician.

"You have got to see this!" Joey continued saying.

"Mark hyung! Look at this!" Bambam shouted, as he stood in front of a candy store.

"Erm... Well, just for a second, okay? I'll be back out with you!" Mark said before running off to Bambam.

You didn't really mind though, Joey was a cool guy to hang around with so you headed towards him. The two of you laughed and smiled as the magician performed some tricks. Mark, on the other hand, was in the store... looking out the window... more specifically, the two of you, feeling what people call... jealousy.