Someone Like Me?

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

You and Joey were in some ice cream shop in Hollywood. You were just looking around the shop from where you were sitting. It fascinated you how the shops in Hollywood embraced the beauty of vintage. It was definitely a change from Seoul where it embraced modern lifestyle more. Joey returned back and gave you your vanilla ice cream. You thanked him and he smiled politely at you.

"Ugh... Wished my girlfriend came along... The two of you could hang out more," Joey sighed.

"Dude, you told me she was busy studying for some test right? Let her study if she wants to," you said as you ate some of the ice cream.

With that, the two of you continued on talking until Mark came in, a blur expression on his face.

"Well! That's my cue to leave! Have fun with Mark hyung," Joey said as he stood up to leave.

Before Joey left, Mark blocked his way and started talking... okay, actually more of interrogating him... but he wasn't so brutal since they were brothers. After a minute or two, Joey went out and Mark came to sit with you.

"What was the hold up?" you asked.

"You like Joey?" he asked you straight on.

You chocked on the ice cream a bit and started laughing.

"Why? Why? Why?" Mark asked.

"Joey has a girlfriend, bro... Besides, he isn't my style~" you said.

Mark narrowed his eyes and smiled at you cheekily. Your eyes widened... knowing what was coming next.

"So~ What's your style?~" Mark asked teasingly.

"God..." you sighed.

"What's your style?~" Mark repeated annoyingly.

"Just someone I can trust," you said simply.

Mark pursed his lips dramatically and rolled his eyes signalling that he knew you weren't telling the whole truth. His face looked so epic that you started laughing hysterically.

"Yah! Tell me!" Mark whined.

"Why do you want to know?!" you argued.

"Just because~" Mark said.

You scratched the back of your neck nervously and thought hard.

"... Someone... who wouldn't ever leave me," you said, hoping that Mark wouldn't ever do so.

Mark woahed quietly and nodded.

"Hahaha! Someone like me?!" Mark said teasingly.

You looked at him, smiling and you shook your head at his cluelessness.

"Yeah... Someone like you," you whispered.

The whole day was full of epicness, fun and laughter. Everyone went sight seeing and took some rides as well and you owed it all to Mark. For once, you actually realised that although your parents were gone that didn't mean that you couldn't be loved anymore.

Everyone was in the car, on the way back to the house. You were looking out he window and looking back on your life as well. Park Jinyoung and his wife had been nothing but nice and understanding... well at least they tried to be understanding. No matter how many times you fought with them, they never once threw you out onto the streets because lets be honest, you weren't their real daughter... still, they loved you like you were one.

Just then, you felt a weight on your shoulder. You turned to the side and saw that Mark had fallen asleep and accidentally leaned his head on your shoulder. You smiled and gently swiped a bit of his frinch out of his face.

 "Thank you, Mr. Dimsum..." you whispered, making sure that he wouldn't wake up.

AT NIGHT...

You were hanging around on the second floor, just going through all the rooms because you had nothing to do and everyone else was sleeping since it was a long day. You don't really get tired easily... unless you're in school. You just fall asleep whenever you weren't allowed to be active, you're just one of those people who have to keep moving around. You opened the door of the last room to see Mark sleeping soundly on his bed.

"Mark's room..." you thought to yourself.

You tiptoed in quietly and closed the door, making sure not to make a sound. Some walls were painted a cool, light blue while some were painted grey. Other than the clothes that were lying around on the floor, it was pretty relaxing and comfortable. One wall stood out to your the most. It had polaroid photos all over it. You stood in front of the tall wall and looked at some of the photos. Most of them was from when Mark hadn't come to Korea... but there were a few from when he already did go to Korea.

There were many polaroids with Mark and Jackson doing funny poses and some others with the other members of GOT7 and other idols from JYPE. You felt sad seeing that he didn't have any photos of you and him until... you turned around.

It was another wall, one that was exactly opppsite the other one. There were many photos of you and him, starting from the top. The pictures on that wall only showed you and him since you when you first came back home with JYP. Mark and Jackson had gone over your house because of some trouble they caused. It was the weirdest thing, you bumped into him and the first thing he did was pinch your cheeks. Then you scolded him saying that you weren't a little kid anymore so from then on, Mark called you bro instead of dongsaeng. Still Mark found you adorable so he decised to take a photo of you and him. You laughed a little recalling that time. You were just 13 and you were already acting like a tough teen. You looked photo by photo, watching the two of you grow up together. Then the last one of the whole 3 rows was a selfie polaroid photo of you and Mark in Hollywood just a few hours ago just walking down the streets. You took a step back and sighed, taking in all the memories.

"Oh... Jisung ah..." Mark said sleepily witha yawn.

"Oh! Damn, Mark ah. Just keep on sleeping," you said, feeling bad for disturbing him.

"No, no, no... Its fine... So you saw everything huh?" he asked and you nodded.

"There's still space on that wall for our photos you know..." you said as you sat beside him on his bed.

"I wanted a new wall for our photos. A wall where there will just be us," Mark said.

"Why?" you asked.

Mark looked at you and smiled.

"Because... I can't imagine how my life would be if you hadn't been my best friend. One day, when we're old... and if this house is still here... I want the two of us to come back here and just look back and relive everything," Mark explained.

You started tearying up and you looked at that wall from where you were at.

"We'll still be close even if 10 years pass right?" you asked.

"Bro... We'll still be close even after 20, 30, 40, 50 years pass," Mark said.

"... And you won't ever leave me?" you asked.

"I promise that no matter what, I wouldn't ever leave you," Mark promised.