He's Perfect...

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

You were just looking out of the window while the teacher was teaching something about algebra and crap. All in all, you just weren't interested in the lesson. After what happened with you and Mark, you just felt so... empty, like you had no motivation what so ever. Everyday seemed like a routine and you had no idea how long you could take it. Just then, you saw Mark at the school field, looking at up at you. You straughtened your posture, shocked to see him there. He waved his hand, signaling you to come down.

"What the hell? What is he doing?" you asked yourself.

You raised up your hand to ask for a restroom pass and then headed down to the field.

"Mark?" you called out once you reached the field.

He wasn't in your sight... until you felt a pair of arms around you and you knew it was him. He hugged you so many times that you could tell.

"I need you back," Mark said simply.

You stepped forward and he let go of you. You then looked back at him and sighed.

"Mark, I have class now," you said firmly.

"Fine, then you should know something... I... I broke up with Minah..." he said.

Your eyes widened and you gasped slightly.

"The heck?! What happened?" You asked.

"She started to say mean things about you and I didn't like it so I broke up with her," Mark explained.

The corners of your mouth started to turn up although you were fighting the urge not to. Then, Mark realised and started smiling and laughing and you couldn't resist so you started smiling and laughing as well.

"Friends? Best friends?" he asked.

"Yah, Mark Tuan. I'm still mad at you," you said seriously.

"You picked another girl over me! You let me just walk away on that roof!" you argued.

"... I know... I'm sorry..." he said.

"Haish... 'Sorry' is all you know how to say..." you sighed.

"Just tell me what I have to say or do..." he said.

"... Could you tell me that you love me?" you thought.

"Look, I'll do anything, okay? Come on! I ditched After School Club for you!" Mark said, frustratedly.

"Wait, what?! YOU DITCHED A LIVE SHOW?! HOW ABOUT JACKSON?!" you asked.

MEANWHILE...

"YES! Mark isn't here... So on behalf of him... I WILL ACCEPT ALL THE LOVE!!!" Jackson cheered enthusiastically while Eric Nam just looked at him judgingly.

BACK TO YOU AND MARK...

 "I'm sure he'll be fine..." Mark said reassuringly.

"Tsk..." you responded.

You stared at him, wondering what to do. Not only did you have to forgive him because he already proved to you how much he wanted you back but also you WANTED to forgive him since you missed him.

"Fine... We're best friends again..." you sighed, giving in.

Mark grinned mischievously and hooked his arm around your shoulders, afterwards pulling you in so that he could mess your hair up. You finallu squirmed out of his hold and gave him a hard smack at his chest, making him yelp and laugh at the same time.

LATER ON...

Mark and you went back to the dorm and everyone smiled, seeing that the two of you had made peace.

"ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER NOW?!" JR asked excitedly.

Your eyes widened while Mark just laughed.

"No, we're not! We're just friends... Best friends!" he said before going into the kitchen to grab something to eat.

You were a bit hurt but Mark had no idea about how you were really feeling so you couldn't really blame him. Bambam and Jackson called you over to sit in between them and you did.

"So... Now that Minah is out of the way, are you going to tell him that you love him?" Bambam asked quietly.

Jackson and you stared at him in disbelief.

"No!" the two of you said in a hushed but firm tone.

Bambam was taken aback.

"Why?" he asked.

"Things would get complicated," you said.

"AND Mark might not feel the same way and things could get worse," Jackson continued on.

"Seesh... Cowards..." Bambam mumbled.

The 8 of you were eating dinner, chinese take out food because JB's and Yugyeom's ramyeon was too salty and they had used the last few packets of instant ramyeon. You were the jjajjangmyun noodles into your mouth, challenging yourself not to stop... for no apparent reason. Mark, who was beside you, just stared at you, smiling warmly. Jackson noticed and nudged Bambam's shoulder. The two of them looked at the two of you and smiled mischievously. When you finished slurping the noodles, some of the black sauce was on the corner of your mouth. JB, who was sitting on your other side, grabbed a piece of tissue and wiped the sauce away. Mark's eyes widened and he stared at JB. JB noticed and looked at him cluelessly.

"What?" JB asked.

"Nothing... I was just about to wipe it away myself, that's all... It's nothing," Mark said.

You couldn't help but smile at Mark's reaction, wondering if he was actually disturbed to have another guy do something sweet for you.

LATER ON...

Mark and you were on the way to your house. JYP and his wife were still overseas and Mark was going to sleep over... alone... and you had feelings for him. Just imagine how awkward you were feeling but how happy as well. (Lets sidetrack... Gosh, girls, just imagine, Mark Tuan sleeping over your house... OKAY NOW BREATHE)

You wore your baggy t-shirt that ended right above your knees. You laid down on your bed... just then, the door opened and Mark came in, wearing a plain white t-shirt and grey cotton sweatpants. He saw your exposed legs and gasped and looked back, facing the door.

"GOSH!" you said, pulling the blanket over your legs.

"I AM SO SORRY, DUDE!" Mark apologized.

You had forgotten that Mark was sleeping over since it was so quiet. Mark had never seen you THAT exposed before. Sure he had seen you in your soccer shorts but to see you in an oversized tee... lying down on a bed... yeah, that was new.

You quickly wore a pair of cotton sweatpants and sighed.

"You can turn around now. Pfft, sorry for scarring you for life, bro," you said, giggling as you climbed back up onto your bed.

Mark turned around and laughed.

"Nah... It was enlightening. You have nice legs, you should show them off more," he said.

Your heart skipped a beat when he said so and you quickly covered your face with your pillow to cover your blush. Your eyes widened when you felt the bed sink in beside you. You lifted the pillow and turned to see Mark lying down beside you. Jackson had done the exact same thing... but this felt SO MUCH MORE different. You swallowed your saliva nervously and tried to control your heart rate.

"Sung ah~ Thank you..." Mark said suddenly.

"For?" you asked.

"Just... for being you. For being so rugged, so loud and cheerful and sometimes brutally honest and screaming vulgarities all the time," Mark said, making the two of you laugh.

"Thanks for being my best friend. I can't imagine anyone else being my best friend other than you... Now, its just that I have to find the right girl..." Mark said.

Your smile faded slowly at the last part.

"Could it be that... you've already met the right girl?" you asked carefully.

"Huh?" he asked, not understanding the question.

You shook your head and sighed.

"Nah... Its nothing," you said.

"How about you? You never once told me about your crushes before," he said.

"Me?... I've only had one so far..." you said bravely.

"Really? What's he like?" Mark asked.

"... He's perfect..." you said, summing what Mark was to you.

"Woah... Does he like you back?" Mark asked.

"... I think in his head... Me and him can never be more than friends..." you said sadly, feeling tears forming in your eyes.

"Well... You're an awesome person. He's missing out," he said, trying to make you feel better.

You showed him a slight smile and he smiled back at you. He held your hand under the covers and you wished that that moment could last forever.

"Tell you what. If we both don't meet anyone, lets just grow old and die together as best friends. Who needs love when we have friendship right?" Mark said as he turned off the lights on the ceiling and the fairy lights that were hanging on the wall.

You looked back up and sighed sadly.

"Right..." you answered softly.