First, Second or Third Place

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dimsum

That night, Mark didn't text you... probably because he had tried calling you a few times and you didn't answer so he called Minah instead. It bothered you that he was okay with you not talking to him. But was it your right for you to get angry? You did ignore his calls... but it was because you cared for him as well. You knew if you just behaved as per usual, your mind would somehow think that it would be okay for you to like him when it CLEARLY wasn't especially knowing the situation now. Just then, you saw that Yugyeom was calling you. You answered the call... not knowing that he was in the GOT7 living room with Mark in it as well. Mark had just ended the call with Minah with a sweet goodnight wish when you picked up the call from Yugyeom.

"Sung ah~" Yugyeom called out, smiling brightly.

Mark's eyes quickly darted towards Yugyeom and he narrowed his eyes in anger.

"Gyeom ah~ Why are you calling? Is something up?" you asked.

Yugyeom was the next guy closest to you. You met him first since he was in the same school as you but the two of you weren't as close as you and Mark. Still, he knew you the longest.

"Just wanted to ask if you want to meet up to study together. JR hyung said he'd teach me Korean History again and I was wondering if you'd want to join us," Yugyeom said.

"Yeah sure. See you!" you said.

With that, the two of you hung up.

"Jisung answered your call?" Mark asked and Yugyeom nodded.

THE NEXT DAY...

You were tying your shoelaces again when you saw Mark's sneakers in front of you. You looked up and saw him.

"Hey, dude," you greeted casually.

"Why didn't you answer my calls last night?" Mark asked frustratedly.

"Um..." you said, trying to buy some time while thinking of an excuse.

"And don't say that you slept early because I know that you picked up Yugyeom's call last night," Mark said firmly.

"Geez..." you thought to yourself.

You just looked at him blankly, not knowing what to say. Mark noticed that you bit your bottom lip and he knew that you had something to say but you couldn't say it because of something.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" he asked.

"No," you answered straight away.

"Jisung..." Mark said firmly.

"No, I don't okay! God, what's your problem?!" you snapped.

You walked past him and continued your way to your school when he caught up to you and held you hand. You stopped and he stood in front of you.

"I'm sorry... Its just that... You've been... distant lately," Mark said sadly.

You sighed, knowing that he was right.

"You just seem so close yet so far... and I can't reach you anymore and that scares me," Mark continued saying.

Those words made you tear up slightly but you controlled your emotions and cleared your throat.

"Trust me... I know how that feels..." you thought to yourself.

"Its just stress... With Jinyoung and fangirls and being socially awkward around almost everyone and also my grades aren't helping so I just haven't been me," you said.

"Well, you got me! Your best friend till the end, remember?!" Mark exclaimed cheerfully making you smile.

LATER ON...

You and Yugyeom were reading a chapter that JR had told you two to read while he went to the restroom of the library.

"Gyeom ah..." you whispered and he looked up from his book and raised an eyebrow at you.

You placed your book down and so did he.

"Imagine you had this friend... who is a girl and you two are the best of friends," you said and he nodded.

"Then one day you found out that she likes you... but she isn't the type of girl that you fall for. What would you do?" you asked.

Yugyeom slumped back on his chair and sighed, thinking hard about the question.

"Gosh, that's a tough situation to be in..." Yugyeom said.

"Really?" you asked, your spirits getting lower.

"I mean... if she isn't what I look for in a girl, then I wouldn't fall for her. I'd probably reject her carefully so that she wouldn't be led on because I wouldn't want that for her... but I guess... things would change and I'd lose my best friend," Yugyeom answered.

"So its a lose lose situation?" you asked and he nodded.

"Would it be possible for you to like her back?" you asked, trying to at least get a chance with Mark.

"I guess... if I realise that she's all I need," Yugyeom said.

"Yah! Yah!" JR said angrily in a hushed tone when he saw the books on the table instead of in your hands.

The two of you quickly grabbed the books and read them... but your mind was boggled with "What if" questions.

LATER ON AT NIGHT...

You and Mark were on the rooftop again.

"Mark... How do you feel around Minah?" you asked.

"Me?... Hm... I feel like happy... Really happy..." Mark said.

You could tell with his tone of voice that he really meant it... and that brought tears in your eyes.

"You think you could meet someone else who could make you happier?" you asked.

Mark turned to the side to look at you.

"Why are you asking? You don't like Minah?" he asked.

You shook your head.

"This might sound selfish... but I can't picture you being closer to any other girl other than me. Knowing that someone else makes you happier that I ever could... Knowing that someone else would spend more time with you than I could... Before you liked anyone, all you had was me... So wouldn't I just become second place when you're happy with someone else?" you confessed.

Mark chuckled.

"No matter what girl comes into my life, whether first, second or third place... You, Park Jisung, will always be in my heart," Mark said, making you smile.