Illest

The Family

Guys much love to all of the subscribers~ and two chapter update!!!! Mainly cuz I'm still on this euphoric high from seeing my babies live and real flesh and bones and not. through. a computer. screen. Seriously-such beautiful people~


Hoseok glances at the clock hanging above the cafe's oven. Then glances at the windows that make up an entire wall, searching the street infront of the shop. She looks to the clock again when no familiar face is seen. She lets out an irritated sigh before looking out the windows once more. Seokjin holds in an amused chuckle at her dongseangs action's. Really Hoseok is being ridiculous. They aren't more than fifteen minutes late and with two of the family so it's not like much could really happen between the school and the cafe. She blinks away from her thoughts when Hoseok swears under her breath, throwing the rag she was cleaning with and leaving the counter area to sit at the booth directly next to the door, where she can see more of the street, "They're late."

"They aren't very late, though. They've been later before. And, really, thanks for leaving me in the middle of your shift to go sit and stare at the outside world." Seokjin rolls her eyes in exasperation at the sheepish look Hoseok throws her way.

"Sorry, unni. But I'd probably break or poison something if I was trying to help you make anything right now."

"Well, at least you're aware of your own danger." Seokjin giggles, covering with one hand.

"It is better than-" Hoseok cuts herself off when the group walks through the door, standing up immediately, hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed, "You are late. You have phones. All four of you. Why didn't you call either of us to let us know you were going to be late?"

"They aren't that-"

Hoseok cuts Namjoon off, briefly thinking the cute man with the dimples before her glare turns towards him, harshly stating, "I wasn't asking you."

"We're sorry, unni. Mrs.Kim kept us a little bit later for extra practice." Jimin shuffles her feet where she stands, not looking at Hoseok. "We didn't mean to upset you."

Sighing, Hoseok runs her hand through Jimin's hair, "I know. Next time I'd like a call. From any of you. So the usual for you girls, right? What would you two like?"

"Caramel Macciacto." Namjoon replies instantly, over the fact that this girl cut him off.

"Peppermint iced coffee." Yoongi answers, making his way to an empty both in the corner of the cafe where they can keep an eye on the whole place as well as the girls. Namjoon follows behind once he's sure the girls are situated at their own table, shaking his head at the way the girls pull chairs together and instantly go about their intended gossiping. He watches as Hoseok hums to herself while she makes the requested drinks, a smile on her lips. He smiles to himself when she glances over to them, ducking her head with a light flush creeping on her cheeks, her smile a bit wider. Namjoon really likes watching Hoseok as she moves about the small kitchen type counter, completely at ease with everything she's doing. He especially likes that she keeps throwing looks over towards their table before quickly returning to her own thing.

"You're being creepy." Yoongi tells him, kicking Namjoon under the table to get his attention.

Namjoon flinches, eyes turning to the older boy before furrowing, "I'm being creepy how?"

"By staring at her so intently. Like you want to eat her soul. Or, well, just eat her in general." Yoongi shrugs as though his statement wasn't crude enough to make the slightly older couple in the booth next to them turn to give him disapproving looks. He flicks them off and they huff but go back to thier own conversation.

"I'm not! She's hot. I can't help that I'm staring. Besides, she's the one I told you about earlier today." Namjoon rolls his eyes at Yoongi before glancing at Hoseok, watching as she giggles with the younger girls as she sets their drinks down.

"The one where you fell in love with her at first sight?" Yoongi also glances at the girls in the middle of the cafe, but his focus is more on the way Jimin is smiling at the others, the way her cheeks get rounder when she does, the way she throws her whole body into her laugh. He shakes his head, now feeling slightly like the creeper he's accused Namjoon of being.

Namjoon turns his full attention into glaring at Yoongi. "Don't mock me, hyung. You're in...something with this girl you've never seen before! You have no right to judge me on this!" Namjoon throws his hands up in an over-exasperated getsure, quickly dropping them and turning around when he feels them collide with something and then hears a ominous crash. He jumps up when he realised he's knocked down the tray Hoseok was using to carry their drinks. He kneels down to help Hoseok pick up the bigger peices of the glasses, groaning when he ends up knocking foreheads with Hoseok as well. Apologising while jumping back quickly, he lands on his and hands, hissing and lifting one hand to see that he's cut himself on the glass he was trying to be helpful with.

Hoseok stares at him, rubbing at her forehead before giggling at the glare he's sending his own hand. She carefully gets up, mindful of the broken shards, offering him a smile and a hand up, "You're rather distructive aren't you?"

"Apparently to myself and others. Usually it's only to objects, not people." Namjoon mutters, watching Seokjin shake her head as she mops up the area, shooing the two away. He doesn't question where she's taking him when she wraps long fingers around his wrist and starts pulling him behind the counter. She lets go of him only to grab his now bleeding hand and shoves it under the water she's with her free hand. When the blood is gone she brings the  hand close to her face to examine it, smiling when she could only see one peice still stuck, "There's still a piece in your palm. You're going to need to stay still so I can pull it out okay? I'm sorry if it hurts."

Namjoon raises an eyebrow as he watches her open a cabinet to pull out a pair of tweezers, "You do know what we do for a living...right?"

"Yes. Just because you get hurt on a daily basis doesn't mean I'm not sorry for the pain I'm inflicting myself." Hoseok gives him the same bright smile that stole his breath earlier that day and he's somewhat relieved it's doing the same again. He honestly doesn't want to ever get used to that breath-stealing smile. He watches as she takes the shard of glass from his hand, barely flinching at the way it pulls at the skin. He watches her methodicaly wrap his hand in a bandage. He watches her bring the hand to her lips. He watches her press a small kiss to the injured side, flashing him a grin, "Just like I tell the younger ones when they get hurt in dance. A kiss speeds up the healing process quite nicely. Now go back to your friend so I can make the drinks for you guys again. This time though, I think I'll have you come get them."

Namjoon nods, "That's probably the safest idea. Thank you. And I'm sorry again."

Hoseok waves him off, smile still lingering, "It's okay. My clothes didn't get wet or ruined. And, you're really cute when you get flustered so it was kind of worth it."

Namjoon hides a grin and a blush as he makes his way back to an amused Yoongi, too happy with what she said to be properly embarrassed.

-----

Junhong giggles at the way Namjoon basically floats back to the booth Yoongi is waiting at. She glances back to the counter where Hoseok is bright red with her face in her hands, shaking her head, as if she's embarassed about what she's just done. She nudges Jungkook and nods her head to Hoseok. Jungkook follows her line of sight staring at her older sister who has now taken to quietly reprimandeing herself if the expression on her face is anything to go by(it's the same look Hoseok gives Jungkook and Jimin when they've done something wrong, so Jungkook is almost positve she's yelling a herself in her head). She then looks over to where Namjoon is still smiling, competely oblivious to the disgusted look Yoongi is throwing at him. She shakes her head at the two, sending Jimin a sly grin, "Looks like unni has a crush and an admirer."

Jimin smiles, letting out a small giggle of her own, "Yeah. He's looking at her the way Taehyung looks at you. All starry eyes, happy smiles and red faces."

Jungkook flushes to the tips of her ears, glaring at the older girl while trying to hide the smile creeping along her lips by biting her lower lip. She shoves Jimin, who's chosen a seat next to herself, and shakes her head, "Shut up, unni. It's cute."

Youngjae nods her head, taking a sip of her drink, "It is. I've never seen Namjon like that before and I know Hoseok never pays any attention to the boys that throw themselves at her."

"That's because they're idiot jocks who only want one thing from her or idiots that are too terrified to woo her when they realize she's part of our Family. I think Namjoon-oppa and Hoseok-unni would make a cute couple. Can't you just imagine it? Oppa's all free-like and chill, never really allowing himself to play around or see the basic beauty of the world. And Hoseok-unni is like a rainbow after a storm. She's never solemn or unsmiling. She's always hyper and all over the place. They'd be adorable." Junhong sighs happily, glancing at said two again.

"Yeah. Especially since Namjoon is the king of destruction." Youngjae agrees, turning in her chair to give the boys a quick look, rolling her eyes when she notices Namjoon has gone back to staring at Hoseok. "He's disturbing when he's in love, though. All he's doing is staring and making a fool of himself."

"I don't think so. Unni's looking at him just as much. They just keep missing eachother's stare." Jimin interjects from around her straw, her eyes on Hoseok, getting more amused with each time her older sister peeks in the boys' direction to discreetly oogle Namjoon. She shakes her head when Hoseok flushes red, almost dropping the glass in her hands, quickly looking in the other direction. Jimin looks over to see Namjoon coughing into his hand and turning back to focus on Yoongi, his darker skin tainted red. "And, even though unni looked embarassed beyond belief, I think she liked taking care of his injury. You guys know, unni."

"Yeah. She likes to feel like she's needed and that someone wants her." Jungkook acquiesces, head nodding vigorous. "Unni needs that reassuarnces like it's not obvious everyone loves her."

"But it's different when boys point blank tell her she's just a pretty face..." Jimin frowns in worry before glancing at Junhong questioningly.

Junhong easily sees the question that is directed to her, shaking her head, "Namjoon-oppa isn't like that. While he's obviously a guy and looks do matter to him, he's always been more into the 'inside' of a girl. He's always told me a pretty face is just a bonus."

"Good. Then, when they get to know each other, he has our persmission to date our unni." Jungkook smiles, tucking a fallen strand of hair behind her ear and playing with the hoop there. She sighs though when she takes a quick glance at her phone. She looks up at Jimin who's smiling softly at her. She smiles back, a sly look in her eyes, "So Jimin-unni."

Jimin freezes, her smile slipping a little at the look in their maknae's eyes, quickly looking to Junhong and Youngjae for help almost groaning when she sees they're watching in amusement. She resigns herself to what she's sure will be her own embarrasing time, "Yes?"

"Tell us more about your DaeguMan." Jungkook smiles still, enjoying the way Jimin turns bright red and shifts in her seat.

"What...What do you want to know?"

"Well, I'm curious on why you don't know what he looks like." Youngjae leans closer to the table to lay on her arms and stare at Jimin curiously.

"I...that's actually my own fault." Jimin looks away from the others, staring at the table and playing with her straw.

"How so?" Junhong asks, wondering if this going to be another time they will have to softly reprimand, and reassure, Jimin for unfounded insecurities.

"I...told him I wasn't ready to send a picture of myself to him."

"Why?" Youngjae demands quietly.

Jimin lets out a whine of protest, burying her face in her arms, "Unni, please."

Youngjae studies the girl silently before sighing, a sign she's dropping the subject, "Fine. I'll leave it alone. Not like we don't know what's stopping you, anyway. No matter what we tell you won't change that."

The girls are silent for a minute before Junhong clears , drawing their attention with a smile, "Jimin-unni? Can you go ask Hoseok-unni for a refill please?"

Jimin jumps up at the chance to be away from the table for a minute, hoping to collect her thoughts, "Sure, Junnie! Be right back."

She walks up to the counter right as Hoseok puts two drinks on it it smiling at Jimin before calling out to the boys that their drinks were ready. Yoongi acknowledges her with a nod, quickly pushing Namjoon back in his seat when the taller boy stands up and leaning down to hiss something at him, smirking in triumph when he pouts and sits back down. Knowing the drinks were going to be picked up, Hoseok turns to Jimin, "What's up, Minnie?"

"Junhong needs a refill, unni." Jimin smiles at Hoseok, moving aside to let Yoongi grab the drinks her smile turning shy when he glances at her. She ducks her head to hide the blush on her face behind a curtain of hair. 

"Yo. Midget move. You're in my way." A boy Jimin didn't even know was behind her snaps, glaring at her harshly when she turns to look at him, "Hello? I said move." Jimin quickly scrambles away from him, closer to Yoongi and Namjoon(who's followed the older boy anyway), both of whom have decided to stay where they were instead of immediately returning to their table, wary of this boy's apparent hostility. The new-comer shakes his head with a snort, "Man what the hell is with all the chicks with nice only being okay on looks and height? Seriously. Such a waste. Are you stupid, too? I said move, shorty. You're still in my way. So move. What? Are you going to cry now? What are you, a child? So pathetic."

Jimin unconciously takes a step back as if she's been slapped, tears forming, some already escaping her wide eyes, creating a trail down her face. Yoongi glares at the man, before exchanging looks with Namjoon, both of them cringing and looking at Junhong, knowing she never takes hurt family members well. They're surprised, then, when all she does is stare at Jimin and then behind the three of them. Both Namjoon and Yoongi turn to look at where their Queen is staring, confused on why she isn't rushing in to defend Jimin. They both inhale sharply when they see Hoseok completely frozen with her back to them. Jimin sniffs softly but loudly enough to make the stranger snort and shake his head, muttering "pathetic child" under his breath.

Hoseok whips around when Jimin tries to stiffle another sniffle, eyes blazing and mouth set into a furious line, her eyes move to the younger girl softening momentarily before hardening again as she sets her gaze on the impatient new-comer, "Excuse you? What did you just say to my baby sister? How dare you speak to her like that! Who the hell do you think you are?! You don't ing know her and have no right to breathe the same air as her, let alone address her in any way. I am this close to reaching across this counter and shoving your ugly face into the nearest flat surface. It'd be an improvement on your looks though, so no. I'm not doing you a favor. You, however, can take that nasty attitude right back out the door. Why are you looking at me like that? Did I stutter? Are YOU stupid? Get your rude out of this cafe before I help you leave myself. Preferably in the back of an ambulance. Don't ever think of coming back in here again. I will not hesitate to helpfully steer you in the right direction. Oh and sir? I hope you have a horrible day." Hoseok gives the man a beaming smile full of her rather out-spoke promises as everyone watches the man gape before quickly walking out of the cafe.

Namjoon stares at Hoseok, slightly gaping himself before leaning towards Yoongi to whisper, "Seriously, hyung. I am in love with this girl. No questions."

Yoongi shakes his head at his dongseang and pushing him away from himself, "Calm the love of your life then. She looks like she's going to start a massacre."

"What about...?" Namjoon nods toward Jimin who's grabbed onto Yoongi's jacket subconsciously when Hoseok started yelling, as if to ground herself.

Yoongi glances at the silently crying girl and then Junhong, who's watching them closely, she nods her head towards Jimin when Yoongi meets her eyes. Yoongi sighs, looking back to Namjoon, "Just calm Hoseok down. I've got her." With that Yoongi gently pries Jimin's fingers from his jacket, gently grabbing her hand and pulling her towards their booth, ignoring the way Junhong and Namjoon raise their eyebrows at his gentle behavior, unused to this side of him. He pushes her gently onto the seat and sits next to her when she looks up at him with wide eyes, still glistening with tears. They sit in relative silence for a while, Jimin's occasional sniffle the only sound. "He had no right to say that."

Jimin jumps at the gruff voice of the older boy, staring at him, "Wh-what?"

"What he said to you. He had no right to. Your sister is right. He doesn't know you. I mean I don't know you, either, but he shouldn't have said those things." Yoongi looks away as he says this, not wanting to look at her.

"...he's right though. I..I don't think I'm very pretty. And I am small..." Jimin bites her lip as he whips back around to narrow his eyes at her.

"You're beautiful." Yoongi hisses, ignoring the way her cheeks heat up and she looks at the table infront of them, "Don't listen to people like him. They're jack-asses who have ty lives and want everyone to be on the same level as them. Yes, you are small. But it's cute. No guy wants a girl taller than them, so you never have to worry about that. And you are ing gorgeous. No. Be quiet. Take the compliment. I never give them out like this. Be honoured and just except it."

Jimin stares at him some more before slowly smiling, blush still on her face, "Thank you...Yoongi-oppa?"

Jimin sits there beaming, as he looks away from her again, a tint of red on his own cheeks, and nods his head at her unspoken question, letting her know it's fine to address him as such.