Surprise Party

The Family

This extra chap is purely for Jiminnie's b-day since it's the 13th here, where I am.


"This is ing ridiculous!" Yoongi scoffs, burning holes into the cafe's wall. 

"Hyung. You need to-"

"If you tell me to calm down one more time, Jongup. I will shoot you." Yoongi snarls, turning his glare to the younger boy, sneering at the frown Jongup throws at him. "It's been a week. Where the hell is this supposed 'clue'? Nowhere. Non-existant. So don't tell me to ing calm down. We should be finding our own clues."

Jongup's frown deepens at the harsh tone his hyung is using with him. Honestly, he thinks he can understand what his hyung is feeling. Even though he and Jimin had only known eachother physically for four days, maximum; the two of them have been, apparently, texting and talking back and fourth for about nine months, give or take a few days. His hyung is in love, whether Yoongi wants to admit it or not. And, the fact that the older man let his pride and anger get Jimin taken from him is eating him alive. Yoongi, naturally, won't acknowledge it, but Jongup and the others can tell; Yoongi is slowly breaking and it's worrying. Jongup shakes his head at his thoughts, intent on leaving them behind. He startles when Jungkook lets out a questioning noise, her eyebrows furrowed as she walks over to the door. He leans around Himchan to look at what's caught the younger's attention, blinking in confusion when he sees one of his classmates at the cafe's door, obviously hesitating to come in. It's a friend of Jimin's; Suyeob, he believes. He's never been too close with him but he's seen Jimin and the other in the library on countless days. They shared many of the same classes and Suyeob was kind of a black sheep in their school. He was rather tall for his age with a baby face and quiet demeanor, both of which got him picked on. Jongup remembers the way Jimin rushed over to help him in their first year, yelling at the guys pushing him around. The two weren't best friends or anything, but they were close enough for Suyeob to have a worried face as he walks into the cafe. He is, then, surprised seeing the other making his way to Jongup himself.

"Suyeob-ssi?" Junhong questions, eyeing the way the older was staring intently at Hoseok, eyes never wavering, though he was walking in the direction to where she and Himchan were sitting with Jongup and Yoongi.

Suyeob looks away from the curious, sad eyes of Hoseok to fidget infront of Jongup, bitting his lip as he sticks the box in his hands out for Jongup to take, flinching when Yoongi turns his apparently permanent glare on him, "I-There was a guy in school today. He was looking for you, Jongup-ssi. You haven't been in school for a week. When he was informed he got mad. I-"

"You what? Told him you knew where he was? Idiot." Yoongi sneers at the younger, Suyeob flinching at the tone he was addressed in.

"I-yes. He said he needed to get this to you, Jongup-ssi..." Suyeob hesitates slightly with his words, glancing at Yoongi silently before looking at Jongup once more, "He said it was important?"

Jongup stares at him before reaching around Himchan to grab the plain cardboard box, opening it while the others look on in curiosity. He in a breath, eyes gliding up to stare intently at Suyeob, "What did this man look like? Did he say anything else?"

Suyeob bites his lip, looking at the other in confusion, shaking his head, "No...I'm sorry..."

Jongup shakes his head this time, a small smile on his face as he hands the box over to Yoongi next to Junhong, the two of them repeating his earlier action, eyes widening before looking at Suyeob, "Thank you, Suyeob-ssi."

Suyeob looks at them all in turn, eyes filled with confusion, nodding slightly as he backs away from their table, "No problem, Jongup-ssi..." He shakes his head as he walks over to the counter giving Hoseok a small smile, "Is it okay to order? I know you're about to close, Hoseok-ssi..."

Hoseok frowns at the younger, this being the first time he's ever called her that; usually it's Hoseok-noona. She goes to say as much and obviously Suyeob knows this as he gives a small head shake, eyes narrowing at the older girl. She frowns once more before forcing a small, polite smile, "Of course, Suyeob-ssi. Go ahead."

Suyeob bows his head sheepishly, looking down a little, "It's very complicated. Do you have a paper and a pen? It'll be easier to get it right if it's written down."

"I'm really good at remembering-"

Suyeob frowns at her, and Hoseok startles at the contempt in his eyes, confused with the way he's acting, "I'm very particular and would rather you didn't mess up a drink I'm paying for, Hoseok-ssi."

Hoseok stares at him with wide eyes, before handing him a spare pen and a small notepad they have at the register for order numbers, "Here you go, Suyeob-ssi."

Suyeob nods, looking Hoseok in the eye, trying to tell her without words he's sorry for snapping at her like that. He doesn't mean to be rude or hurtful, Hoseok has been nothing but helpful and friendly when he's over at their apartment when he and Jimin decide to work on school projects together. He shakes his head to clear out his thoughts, writing his order on the paper before handing it to Hoseok with a smile, "Please make sure it's correct."

Hoseok looks at the paper with wide eyes, I need to speak with Yongguk. I don't care how you do it, but I need to be brought to the backroom where I know he is. And where I know there are no cameras. Please. It's urgent. Hoseok looks at the yougner, eyes still wide, "That's...different. And unhealthy. Unni! Look at the amount of expresso shots Suyeob-ssi wants."

Seokjin, who was watching the exchange with curious eyes, wanders over, looking at the paper over Hoseok's shoulder before her eyes lift to look at a bemused Hyosang at the end of the counter, "It really is. Are you sure, Suyeob-ssi? That's kind of dangerous to your health, you know?"

Suyeob lets a small amount of fear filter in his eyes at the underlining warning from the older woman, before he nods with a determinted tone, "Of course. Besides. It's my choice not yours."

Hyosang gets up at the tone the younger is using with the girls and stands behind Seokjin, the woman letting him read the flustering order, raising an eyebrow, "That is dangerous..." He glances at the younger man as Suyeob shifts infront of the register, before glaring, "What the hell did you take?"

Suyeob's eyes widen, panic filtering through, worried the older knows. He glances to his left where he sees the people from his gang shifting to a defensive postions, the rest of the cafe having gone quiet at Hyosang's sharp tone. He looks back at the older man, flustered, "Wh-what? I didn't-"

"I just saw you put something in your jacket pocket. What was it?" Hyosang stares the younger down, an unimpressed eyebrow raising.

"I...I didn't! I wouldn't-"

Hyosang cuts off his denies, stepping away from where he was hanging off of Seokjin, nodding to the Employees Only sign, "Then lets go look at the camera. It'll tell us what you thought you could get away with."

Suyeob turns to follow the other with a hesitant nod, fidgeting in a show of nerves. This is what he wants but he's unsure of how his proposition will be taken. He flinches as Hyosang shuts the door behind them, looking around the storage area, his eyes landing on Yongguk, the older man looking at his computer, not acknowledging the two entering the room. When he's done typing what he is working on Yongguk looks up at the two, raising an eyebrow at Hyosang, "What's wrong?"

Suyeob shivers at the voice, knowing it was as deep as it was but not prepared for it in the least. Sanha has a deep voice as well, but Yongguk's voice...It was like sin and chocolate. He could understand Junhong's draw to the older man. Then again, he could understand Yongguk's draw to the younger, her personailty was one of a kind...he's shaken from his thoughts when Hyosang gives him a slight push in Yongguk's direction.

"He wanted to speak to you. He went to a good length to make sure no one knew he wanted to speak with you, though. He says it's urgent so I'm assuming it is." Hyosang nods at Suyeob, leaning back against the door they came through, a way to block any unwanted people from entering. And Suyeob from leaving.

Suyeob swallows the lump in his throat as Yongguk looks at him questioningly, before taking a deep breath, "The box I gave Jongup is supposed be your first clue." Suyeob doesn't blink or flinch in the least when both Yongguk and Hyosang whip out their guns, cocking them and pointing them in his direction. He frowns, "It's the only clue you guys are going to get. And it's wrong."

Yongguk snarls, the sound sending a different kind of shiver down Suyeob's spine, "Start making sense. I don't have time to play around with a child."

Suyeob frowns again, looking the elder in the eye, "In the box is a picture of Jimin and a red lightbulb."

Hyosang twists his face up, glancing at Yongguk, "They're holding her in...the redlight district?"

"No." Yongguk and Hyosang both look at the younger, Yongguk motioning with his gun for him to continue, "She's being held in a house just on the outskirts of your northern territory. It's a good sized house, big enough to fit the main people of AlphaBAT, at least. She's...under my watch."

Yongguk points the gun he'd lowered as Suyeob was talking, back at the younger, narrowing his eyes, "Why are you telling us this?"

Suyeob looks away now, staring at the ground with sad eyes, "I didn't want anything to do with this. Jimin...she's my friend. I don't want her to get hurt. They're not planning on telling you where she is and they're not...planning on keeping her alive past this month."

"Why? She's done nothing to your gang! Why was she brought into this?" Hyosang snarls, angry at the fact that Jimin is a target for no reason. With the exception of the younger ones, Hyosang and Daehyun spend the most time with the sisters. He's very close to them all and he's more than annoyed at the fact that one of his little sisters is being punished for being associated with the gang.

Suyeob twists his face in disgust at the question, him and Sanha talking about the real reason Jimin was targeted as opposed to the others. He glares at the ground once more, "...Xero is a spiteful, twisted, person. He doesn't really give off that kind of vibe but he is. He's destroyed more things in the house over Jimin rejecting him then is really necessary, in my opinion. He's not used to not getting his way and when the oppurtinity came he volunteered to kidnap Jimin because they know you'll look for her. But you won't find her. Like I said, that's the only clue they're giving you and it's wrong."

"Why?" Yongguk questions, eyeing Suyeob suspiciously, "The brat said they like games."

"They do." Suyeob nods, a grimace on his face, "This is the game. You waiting for a clue-a wrong one-and then scrambling to figure out what it means and how to proceed from there. It's not a fair game. Nothing goes in your favor."

Hyosang stares at him, lowering his gun, confident the younger isn't going to try anything, "Why are you telling us this, Suyeob?"

"Besides Jimin being the only friend I have?" Suyeob sighs, a bitter smile on his face, "I want you to keep one of them alive, please. I...I'll tell you where the house is and when everyone will be home or gone or who's home at a given time. I don't care if you end up killing everyone-myself included. But just...spare him. Please. Jimin's already agreed to try and keep him alive. Please. I never wanted him to be there. He's only there because of me and I can't...please..."

Yongguk and Hyosang share a look, Yongguk finally lowering his own gun and returning to his seat, looking Suyeob up and down, "Tell me his name. What he looks like. And then tell me what I need to know."

-----

Sanha looks up as Suyeob walks through the door, sipping on a frozen coffee, looking happy with himself. Sanha smiles to himself, reflecting the younger, laughing at the squeak Suyeob gives when Sanha pulls him off his feet and onto the couch with him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, "Where have you been? Boss heard from some of the underlings that you got caught stealing from that cafe they work at?"

Suyaob smiles wider, shaking his head, "Nope. They have it wrong. I guess they didn't stay long enough to hear about my innocence. They appologized with a free drink."

"That's awesome. Free is always good. They were really annoying. Saying you were being fishy." Sanha sighs, leaning back to stare at the ceiling with his head on the back of the couch.

Suyeob frowns, his heart giving a solid thump in anxiety, "Fishy? Fishy how?"

Sanha waves his hand in dismisal, "You wrote down your weird coffee order and apparently that set warning bells off in their heads or something."

Suyeob's frown turns into a pout, staring at the older man, poking him mutiple times before Sanha turns to looks at him, "But everyone knows I'm particular with my drink. I won't drink it if they mess it up and I'll-"

"Wait for hours, being an annoying brat until it's made right. I know. So does Boss. He told them to stop creating trouble where there isn't any. Honsetly. It's like they think that ratting out the main ring will get them a higher position. Don't think too much about it, baby bat." Sanha grins, pulling gently at the hair at the nape of Suyeob's neck.

Suyeob ignores the way his heart skips a few beats at the name, Sanha being the only one to call him that without him flipping a , using the offender as target practice. He shakes his head, "Want some, hyung?"

Sanha looks at the frozen drink with disgust, leaning away from the younger, "Ew. No. You like that weird . No thanks."

Suyeob shrugs with a grin, leaning a little more into the older man's side, content to stay there for a few more mintues. He sighs when he finsishes his drink, getting up to throw it away, before leaning across the back of the couch, giving Sanha a quick hug, "Goodnight, hyung."

Sanha grins at him, eyes bright, "Night, baby bat."

Suyeob smiles once more before making his way down the stairs, glancing around before quickly walking to Jimin's room, smiling at the girl when he sees she's been given a change of clothes and a small radio, moving a bit in her seat to the song playing. She looks over with wide eyes as the door opens but relaxes when she sees it's Suyeob, giving him a small smile. He nods to the radio, "Who gave you that?"

"F:ie-ssi. He kept a check on me while you were in school. Making sure no one got any ideas, he said." Jimin's smile widened when Suyeob's face lights up at the statement. She frowns suddenly, shaking her head and looking at Suyeob in confusion, "I don't understand, Su. You two don't seem the type for this..."

Suyeob bites his lip, glancing at Jimin from where he's plopped on her bed. He sighs when she stares at him in waiting, "I...you know I'm an orphan, right?"

Jimin nods, getting up and laying next to him, grabbing his hand when she sees he's shaking. She blinks at the feeling of deja'vu, the way they are right now very similar to when Suyeob had come out to her-about being gay and in love. She focuses back on him, dismissing the feeling, "Yeah. Like me, unni and Kookie."

"Yes and no." Suyeob turns his head to smiles sadly at Jimin's confused look, "Hosoek-noona was able to take you guys in when she moved into her own apartment when she was still in school. The ajuhmas from your foster home more understanding then mine." He sighs and looks back at the ceiling, grip on Jimin's hand tightening, "I...ran away more than once. At one point Boss found me. Offered me a place to live and a way to never go back to my foster home. I took it. No hesitation. Anything was better than that place. The only thing that was good was Sanha-hyung." Suyeob looks at Jimin with a smile, the other smiling with him, "I fell in love at first sight. Cheesy right? True though. Like you, hyung protected me from the bullies in the foster home. I told him what Boss offered and hyung said he'd come too. Not liking that I'd be by myself...he's only here because of me and I'm here because I couldn't stand my life at the foster house. I should've just waited until hyung and I were old enough to leave on our own..."

Jimin is quiet for a few minutes, "Su...?"

"Hmmm?"

Jimin smiles at him, squeezing his hand, "I think he loves you, too..."

Suyeob sits upright, looking at her in surprise, a blush on his face, "W-what?!"

Jimin nods, "Yes. He never stopped talking about you today. It was really cute. Kind of reminded me of you when we were suppose to be doing our work and you'd go off on a tangent about him...so cute."

Suyeob turns even more red, burying his face in one of his hands, "Oh my gods....I really, really want you to be right...I'm so in love with him it hurts..."

Jimin's smile lessens, her hand going a little slack and Suyeob looks at her in confusion, his eyes widening at the sad smile on her face, "I know that feeling..."

Suyeob grabs her in a hug, "...I did it."

Jimin pulls back frowning at him in bewilderment, "Did what?"

"They know."