Of All Days

The Family

Yoongi stares out of the window where he's perched himself, fully aware of the way most of the females in the class are turning in their seats every once in a while to look at him before turning back and giggling to eachother. He doesn't care. In fact, he could really care less about everything going on around him. With the exception of-

"Jiminnie-ah? What does it mean in this paragraph here?" Xero wonders, leaning over in his seat to be in Jimin's space, the yougner girl moving to put space between them.

Yoongi grits his teeth, watching as Xero follows Jimin's movements as the girl almost slips off her chair in attempt to have him out of her personal space. She looks at Yoongi with slightly pleading eyes and he gets up, putting himself between the two, smirking at the scowl Xero gives him. His smirk turns victorious when Xero leans back into his own space with a huff and Jimin sighs in relief. She leans around Yoongi to pass her notes over to Xero, cringing at the blindly smile of adoration he gives her, despite Yoongi's presence.

Jimin pulls at the stool Yoongi was previously on, placing it closer to their table instead of by the window, angling her stool closer to his, turning to smile happily at Yoongi, "Oppa, come sit back down. You'll get cramps if you stand through all of my classes."

Yoongi gives her a soft smile, sitting on the offered stool, leaning on the lab table, head resting on his crossed arms, watching Jimin as she reads the text book, occasionally stopping to write down notes. He glances around the room, eyes flickering between the three other Family members in the room. Junhong is messing with her phone, texting Yongguk if the smile on her face is anything to go by. Himchan is reading a magazine, head in the hand she has propped up on Jongup's lab table, legs in Jongup's lap, ignoring the whispers and blantant stares from most of the male population. He startles when Jimin nudges him with her book, looking at her curiously. She covers with her hand, hiding her smile, nodding at the table. Yoongi looks down and almost laughs outright at little scribble she's done of Xero, a little speech bubble with "blah blah blah" with him sitting on the floor and Yoongi standing over to the side with a quote "I'm Most Important". It's cute and it makes Yoongi smile at how she's labeled him as such.

"Jiminnie, where were you guys the last two days? You never answered me." Xero whines, leaning over towards her again.

"Unni was sick. Me and Jungkook stayed home to make sure she was okay." Jimin smiles at him, not able to competely disregard him when he sounds worried about her.

Xero smiles, his eyes lighting up as he nods, "Good. I was worried something happened to you."
Jimin pouts at him, "Unni being sick is good?"

"No-no. I just meant it was good that you weren't sick or anything..." Xero flusters, a blush rising on his face, rubbing the back of his neck.

Jimin looks at him before nodding and going back to her book, "Okay."

-----

"Jiminnie-ah!"

Jungkook groans, head dropping onto Jimin's shoulder, "Does he not know what the rule is for someone with a boyfriend and no interest is being shown?"

Youngjae frowns as well, it was amusing at first but she's a firm believer that if someone's made clear they were taken then back off. Jongup made it quite clear earlier that Yoonig was Jimin's boyfriend. It may not have been true or false, Youngjae doesn't actually know what's going on with the two. But with the way they look at each, the way Yoongi softens around Jimin, the way Jimin lights up whenever Yoongi's in the room...They're something, and that's all Youngjae needs to know to realize Xero is being an obtrusive bother. To all of them. Because Yoongi is just getting more and more wound up everytime Xero pops up from around a corner calling out for Jimin in the way Yoongi specifically told him not to. She looks at Yoongi and flinches at the look he's giving Xero. She looks at Taehyung with worry in her eyes.

Taehyung scoots his chair closer to Jungkook, looking around her at Yoongi on the other side of Jimin, "Hyung, you need to calm down."

"I'm fine." Yoongi snaps, rolling his eyes when Xero takes a seat in the row infront of Jimin.

Taehyung frowns at him, glancing at the way Jimin is biting her lip, fidgeting in her seat, flinching when Yoongi speaks. His frown deepens, giving Yoongi an unamused look, "Right...You need to be aware of yourself, hyung."

Jungkook frowns at the way Jimin grabs her hand, glaring at Xero when the other leans back to face Jimin, "Leave my sister alone Xero. You've already been told she has a boyfriend, right? She's been letting you down, nicely, for months, right? Why? Because she has him and is clearly not interested in you. Why do you keep making her life harder by being everywhere she doesn't want you to be?"

Xero glares at Jungkook hatefully, and Daehyun has to hold Taehyung back from attacking the other, eyes cold. Xero smirks, looking proud of the reaction he's gotten from Taehyung, already smug about the way he's been able to rile up Jimin's boyfriend all day, "I want Jiminnie-ah to tell me that, than. So far it's your words against hers, and I don't hear her complaining about it."

"That's because you don't give her a chance to think! Let alone get a word in edge wise!" Jungkook snaps, hand tighenting around Jimin's, eyes trying to kill Xero by the intensity of her glare.

Xero shrugs, leaning closer to Jimin, frowning when she shuffles away from him, closer to Yoongi, "Can she look at me and tell me that herself?"

Jimin glances at Yoongi, eyes worried when she sees how angry and annoyed Xero is making the older man, before looking up at Xero in determination. Before she even gets a chance to say anything there are lips pressing against hers and a shocked sound coming up from . She doesn't hesitate to pull away, almost falling out of her chair in her haste to escape, a hand flying to , eyes wide. She stares at Xero as the other smirks to the left in triumph and Jimin's eyes go even wider at the look Yoongi is giving her. She watches him get up and scrambles to follow him, a desperate note in her voice, "Oppa! Wait!"

Daehyun looks at the contented boy infront of them with disgust, kicking his chair with enough force to have him toppling out of it, his own reflexes stopping him from completely crashing into the other chairs, glaring at Daehyun. Daehyun doesn't bother getting up, leaning forward and propping his elbows on his knees as he studies Xero blankly, "She's like my little sister. He's like my brother. If you've ed up their relationship nothing's going to stop me from coming after you. Do you understand that? Nothing."

Xero looks at him before getting up, brushing off nonexistant dust, throwing a smirk at Daehyun as he grabs his bag, "Duly noted. I'm terrifed. Really."

Daehyun frowns, not liking the look in his eyes as he leaves the classroom, throwing one more smirk at the group glaring at him.

-----

"Oppa! Wait! Please." Jimin jogs up to Yoongi grabbing his arm, trying to get him to slow down a little for her, a little afraid of the look in his eyes.

Yoongi growls low in his throat, ripping his arm out of her grasp, looking at her with rage in his eyes, though Jimin can see the hurt in them even as he tries to mask it with anger. He steps back away from her, glaring at her, "Wait? For what? You to explain why he thinks it's okay for him to just up and kiss you like that? Why he follows you around like a lost puppy waiting for it's master to give it a little bit of attention? Wait for you to explain why you've never felt the need to tell him to off? Why you've never thought that he expects more from you? That I'd expect more from you?"

"Wh-what? Oppa, I don't-What are you-?" Jimin looks at Yoongi with wide eyes, scared of the way he's ranting. She doesn't know what he's expecting her to say.

Yoongi shakes his head, giving a mirthless chuckle, "And here I thought I meant something to you. As DaeguMan and as Yoongi. But clearly I was wrong."

"No! Oppa, that's not true! You've always meant the most to me! I've never given him a second glance! I've always been focused on DaeguMan-on you!" Jimin cries in desperation, fear entering her eyes at the way Yoongi is looking at her with dissapointment and rage.

"Obviously not! Not if he knows it's okay to just kiss you out of nowhere! How many times have you and him kissed before this? Enough that he thinks it's okay, apparently. Seriously. Why bother talking to me like I was something special to you?"

Jimin looks at Yoongi in disbelief, tears running down her face, sorrow pouring from her in waves, "Yoongi-oppa...you-you know that's-that's not...that was my first kiss. You know that, oppa. I-I've told you that before...I-I-"

Yoongi glares at her, ignoring the way his heart is clenching at the sight of her saddness, especially knowing he's the reason for it. But it's like his mouth has a mind, indepentent of his brain or heart, snarling, "And I'm suppose to believe the words of someone I'd never met before, right?"

Jimin takes a few steps back, her hand covering in an attemp to keep her sobs to herself, "I-I...I'm sorry, oppa." She runs from him then, rushing down the hall and into the girl's restroom, knowing Yoongi won't follow her. And that breaks her heart a little more. She locks herself in a stall sitting on the closed toilet, knees up to her chest, head in knees, trying to stiffle her tears, her body wracking with the force of her sobs. She hears the bathroom door open but thinks nothing of it, content in ignoring it.

"Jimin-ah?"

Jimin's head shoots up at the voice, scrambling to unlatch the stall door, glaring at the man before her with red-rimmed eyes, "This is all your fault! Why would you do that?!"

Xero gives her a sad look, "I-I'm sorry. I heard you tell him that was your first kiss. I didn't mean to steal that from you. I-I just... I knew you weren't interested in me. I couldn't help myself...I'm sorry..."

Jimin stares at him before sighing, giving him a watery smile, laughing mirthlessly at the hesitant smile he gives in return, "I forgive you, Xero-oppa. I'm not happy with what you did and clearly neither is Yoongi-oppa. But I forgive you. I know what it's like to love someone without having their love in return. Just don't do it again, okay?"

Xero smiles, nodding enthusiastically, watching as Jimin washes her face in the bathroom sink. His smile turns sly as he lets out a chuckle, shaking his head, "You know Jiminnie, you're way too trusting of people. With the company you surround yourself with you'd think you'd be a little more weary of everyone around you."

Jimin looks at him in suspicious confusion, "What do you mean?" 

Xero comes up behind her, wrapping an arm around her waist holding her in place, "I mean, you're extremely naive. " Jimin struggles as he presses a cloth to her face, fear filling her eyes as everything goes hazy, her struggles weakening as whatever drug he's given her takes affect, the last thing on her mind is her family. Xero smiles, brushing hair out of Jimin's face when her struggles cease, running a finger along her face, "You really are beautiful, Jiminnie. Too bad you belong to a rival gang."

-----

Jongup frowns when Yoongi joins their lunch table, without Jimin, "Hyung. Where's Jimin?"

Yoongi shrugs, looking away from the rest of them, Jimin's tears still fresh in his mind, "I don't know. She ran away from me after the class."

Jongup and Taehyung gape at the older man, before they get up, standing infront of Yoongi. Jongup grabs him by his shirt and shoves him towards the door, Taehyung growling at the girls to stay with Daehyun. They ignore him as they follow them into the hallway, Yoongi struggling to pull away from the youngers, curses spilling left and right. He finally manages to break free, glaring at the two who manhandled him, "What the is your problem?"

"You are our ing problem, hyung! Your ing pride has Jimin missing in the school with people ing watching our every move!" Jongup snarls, grabbing the calming hand Himchan lays on his shoulder and kissing the center of her palm, letting her know he's fine.

"Get your damn phone out hyung and call her. Now." Taehyung demands, digging in the elder's pockets-ignoring his protests-and pulling his phone out, shoving it in Yoongi's hands, glaring at him, "Dial. Now."

"And what? Walk up and down the halls trying to find the ringtone? Because she's not going to answer it from me." Yoongi snaps, already dialing her number.

"Yes." Jungkook hisses, prodding the man sharply, "That's exactly what you're going to do. And when we find her, you will appologize. Or I will hurt everything you're proud of. Your laptop you play around with music on? I'll drop that in the sink, water full flowing. That camera you've taken so many incredible pictures with? I'll throw it against a wall. Repeatedly."

Yoongi frowns at the girl, wondering how she would know that. His heart aches when he realizes it's things Jimin knows and probably told her sisters about. He shakes his head, dispelling his thoughts with a sigh, "Fine. But we were close to the music room when she stormed off. We'd probably have a better chance of finding her close to there."

Jungkook nods, biting her lip, "She likes to stay in one spot to think about things when she's upset. Not willing to let other people see her upset. Not wanting to burden them with the concern she knows they'll have."

Yoongi frowns, whispering, "I know..." 

That's the last said as the group makes their way towards the arts hallway, Yoongi calling Jimin continuously, getting increasingly antsy with each unanswered call. He was getting tired of not knowing where the hell the girl was, if she was okay.

Forever you're my girl Forever be my world You are the only one I'll never break your heart, no So, Baby, don't let go

"There!" Jungkook stops, listening intently, a smile on her face as she walks quickly to the girl's bathroom, "That's unni's ringtone for you!"

Yoongi fights down the blush he knows is rising on his face, now is not the time to be touched with Jimin remembering he's always had particular obsession with that song. He stays outside with the rest as Jungkook goes in the restroom to convince Jimin to come out. He's trying to think of the proper way to appologize to her, knowing he was out of line.

"OPPAS!"

Fear jump-starts Yoongi's heart at the sheer terror laced in Jungkook's words, rushing into the bathroom to see Jungkook frantically pushing open every stall open, tears running down her face, panic and dismay filling her eyes, Yoongi's jacket twisted in her hands, no sign of Jimin.


Massive major incredible kudos to anyone who can tell me the name and singer of that song.