Lovesick

The Family

I'm only sad because this is the first time you've responded with more than one sentence in four days, oppa.

I've been busy.

I know, oppa. It's not really any of my business if you're busy, though. I know that.

But I don't want you to be sad because of me. It'll make you distracted and you'll end up hurting yourself again when you dance.

THAT WAS ONE TIME, OPPA! OKAY?! And you were in the hospital for a few days. I had the right to be distracted.

So it's okay if you're sad because I can't text you when I'm in the hospital but it's not okay if you're sad because I'm not texting you when I'm busy?

That's...oppa, you're confusing me. I don't know what you're trying to ask me there. @_@???

Jimin glances at her phone once more while they're still taking their break. She pouts as the phone shows no new message alerts. Sighing in aggravation she flops back to lay on the floor, one arm covering her eyes and the other spilling away from her body, fingers clenching the phone. She grunts in pain when the weight of two different heads fall on her stomach, removing her arm, and lifting her own head, to glare at the younger girls smiling at her. Rolling her eyes she just lets them be, dropping her head back on the floor. She startles when there's a poke to her side, "Quit that. You're going to make me push you two off if you keep doing that."

"What's wrong, Jimin?" Jungkook whispers, turning so she's laying on her side facing Jimin, still using her stomach as a pillow.

"Nothing's wrong." Jimin doesn't even open the eyes she's closed to reprimand Jungkook about proper respect for elders.

Jungkook sits up then, her eyes flicking to Junhong's, mirroring the mild concern in them. She shuffles closer, leaning down to lay next to Jimin, using her out-streched arm as a pillow and throwing her own arm around the older girl, cuddling her closer, "Don't lie, unni. Tell us? We don't like when you're sad..."

"Yeah, unni. Why are you like this? Just a few minutes ago you were all smiles and stuff. What happened?" Junhong scoots closer as she asks this, lifting her head to use Jimin's chest as a pillow instead of her stomach, preferring the softness of her s to the taut muscles of her abdomen.

Huffing at the sudden weights on both her chest and her now immobile arm Jimin stays quiet for a few more seconds before letting out a dramatic sigh, bringing her other hand to play with the tips of Junhong's pink hair pulled into a sloppy ponytail, "The guy I've been talking to hasn't repsonded in about a week. He'd just responded this morning and then just a few minuets ago but then he just stopped...again. I don't know...He says he's busy and I know it's not really my business or right to be annoyed or sad but still..."

Stretching her neck to give Jungkook a smile, Junhong sings, "Somebody has a cruuush..."
"I don't! I don't even know what oppa's real name is or what he looks like! How do you have a crush on somebody if you don't know what they look like?" Jimin turns her face away, hoping to hide the red colouring it.

"Yeah? What's his favorite colour?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow knowingly, rolling her eyes. Who's Jimin kidding? She talks about this man all the time at home, at the cafe, at school.

Jimin hesitates, biting her bottom lip, "...White? Why?"

"What does he like to do with his spare time?" Junhong joins Jungkook's questioning.

"He told me he likes to play with music. Like mixing it and making rhymes to it. And he's mention photography more than once. Why?"

"When's his birthday?" Youngjae asks. Jimin has to move her head to see the older girl giving her an upside down smile, and Jimin wonders when the elder got there.

"March ninth. Why are you guys asking me these random questions about him?" Jimin huffs in frustration, wishing she had the heart to push the two younger ones off so she could cross her arms. Their questions were bothering her; why did they need to know that about him?

"You said you don't know what he looks like or his real name. What do you know him by?" Youngjae ignores the question Jimin's asked and demands an answer to her own. She raises an eyebrow, however, when Jimin turns red again, brighter than before.

"..." Jimin closes her eyes, "DaeguMan?"

Jungkook snorts at that, knowing that Jimin's always found the satoori from Daegu extremely y. "Of course."

"Shut up, Jungkook! I can't help it that it's hot and rough and sensual and carnal and just...amazing." Jimin's face was getting a darker shade red with each word, she could feel the heat of it as confirmation. Oh my gods why were they doing this to her?!

"...Right. Anyway, you have a crush on this person you don't know the real name too. Now if you'll excuse me I have to find a few lost souls." Youngjae gets up and heads to the door ignoring the protests of Jimin.

Jimin sighs again, pauses to think she's losing too much air sighing, and then promptly pushes Jungkook and Junhong off of her when their dance teacher calls for everyone to stand up. 

Their teacher watches as they all scramble to get into the potions they're to be in, her smile blinding, "Okay! Last dance of the day everybody! Free choice! Girls as one group boys another. Pick a song!"

"Oh! Oh! Girl's Day, Something!" Junhong beams her hand flying in the air as she bounces on her heels.

"No." Jungkook denies, throwing her empty water-bottle at her, "We've done that dance four times. This week! It's part of our showcase!"

"Which means we'll be amazing at it." Junhong points out with a pout, arms crossed.

Jungkook rolls her eyes, "No. Jimin-unni, what song do you want to do?"

Jimin thinks about it for a minute, her eyes lighting up when a song comes to mind, "How about-"

"I love how they never ask anybody else opinion but their groups." Is whispered loudly from one of the fourth year girls in their class, glaring at the three.

Their teacher, Mrs.Kim, frowns at the accusation at the girl, glancing over at the mentioned girls, "You know that's not true."

"It is! Why are they so special? They get to chose eveything!"

"That's because your opinion means nothing to us. Now shut up and let Jimin-unni pick a song." Junhong growls to the rude upper-classmen, narrowing her eyes harshly at her, giving her a cold and hostile glare, daring her to open again. When she stays silent Junhong nods, smiling again to Jimin, "You were saying, unni?"

"What about Gee? We haven't done that one in a long time and everyone seemed to really like it." Jimin grins at Mrs.Kim and flashes the rude girl a quick smile, "How does that sound?"

"That's great! Since the boys are still arguing over their song choice why don't you girls get started?" Mrs.Kim suggests, pushing honey blonde waves away from her face.

The girls nod their heads, moving around to take positions as Mrs.Kim walks over to the stereo to start their song, glancing at the three people that enter right as the music starts. She nods at the two men, raising an eyebrow but letting their presence slide when Junhong waves and calls a quick "Hi oppas!", choosing instead to focus on her girls dancing and boys still going on about song choice. She chuckles, at this rate they won't have time for whatever song they choose.

-----

Youngjae shushes the two males as she sees the girls getting into position for a dance, sending a quick glance to the dance teacher, she nods so Youngjae assumes it's okay for her to bring the guys in. She pushes them towards the wall of mirrors, hastily making them sit so the dancers could see themselves. Turning to them, she smiles, "You two haven't seen Junhong-ah dance with a group before have you?"

"No."

Youngjae nods, focusing on her friends once more, "I think her and Jonguppie are always in perfect sync with Jimin and Kookie. It's like they read each other's minds and know exactly where to be and what to do."

"Which one is which?" Namjoon questions, letting his gaze sweep across the girls moving infront of him. Some of them were good, some great, and some just...wow. He's trying to locate the one that has captured Taehyung's heart.

"Jungkook is the one with auburn hair pulled into a ponytail. The one wearing a hello kitty sweat-shirt and black jogging pants. Jimin is the one with black hair in a messy bun. The one with the double tank-top and basketball shorts." Youngjae answers, pointing to each girl as they move around the dance floor. 

"She's small." Yoongi grins, thinking about how long it took for him to get his Busan_Girl to admit she definetely wasn't the tallest person in her class.

Youngjae reaches around Namjoon to give Yoongi a chastising look, quick to turn it on Namjoon when he offers, "But her s aren't."

"Urgh. You two. I should've just let you stay lost. Don't let Jimin hear you call her small but her s big. She's self-conscious of her height and her size. There's been too many people that assume she's just an airhead because of her petite but curvy figure." Youngjae reprimands them, knowing they'd be spending the afternoon with them. "Be nice to them. Not only will Junhong-ah go off on you, as well as Seokjin-unni, but their older sister will eat you alive. The three of them are immesely protective of each other."

Yoongi sighs, leaning back against the mirrored wall as he watches the way the smaller girl moves. Watches as she smiles widely as she dances, like she's ecstatic to be moving the way she is. Watches as she dips, and shimmies, and swings her hips. He can't say she seems like an airhead but he doesn't know her, so he can't assume anything. She's cute, though. Really cute. His kind of cute. But, Yoongi knows that he can't really do anything more than looking because-though they don't know each other's real names or even what each other looks like-he really enjoys his Busan_Girl, and can wait until she's comfortable being face-to-face.

"Yo!" Namjoon pushes Yoongi enough that the older boy falls over to his side, smirking when Yoongi glares at him angrily but doesn't move to get up off the ground, instead he shuffles so that he's in a more comfortable position. "You've been spacing out, man. What's up with you?"

"Nothing. Thinking."

"About what, Yoongi-oppa?" 

Yoongi jumps at the voice, looking up to see Junhong sitting next to him, chugging water while eyeing him curiously. He sits up then, looking around the room seeing the rest of the students packing up, throwing himself and Namjoon curious looks before leaving the dance studio with their friends. He turns his attention back to the group of females plopped around them. He sees Junhong giving him a look, likely wanting an answer to her question. He sees Jungkook pouting, probably because someone told her Taehyung wasn't coming to meet them. He sees Jimin, watching him closely. He raises an eyebrow, "What?"

She shakes her head, blushing lightly, and Yoongi realizes that she's taken her hair down. He likes the way the black curtain makes the red seem more vibrant. He focuses back on her lips as she opens them to speak(he also really likes how pink they are)"I asked who you guys were. We've never seen you two before. I didn't mean to stare..."

He also likes her voice, high pitched but not whiny-and with a vaguely familar melody. He mentally shakes his head and focus on her eyes this time, "Taehyung and Jongup are still at work."

"Taetae-oppa said they'd be back by the time dance practice finished. He said they'd be here to walk us to the cafe." Jungkook whines, pouting as she runs a brush through the front of her hair. She was really looking forward to seeing her oppa again today. Especially when she hasn't seen him or heard from him all day. She suddenly feels really guitly for teasing Jimin like she did. It's not a good feeling when the person you're crushing on is a basically off the grid. She shoots Jimin a small smile when the girl gets up to kneel behind her, taking the brush out of Jungkook's hands to brush the back where she can't reach. She flinches when Jimin taps her shoulder with the brush, leaning over to whisper in her ear to "Be nice. They're still here to take us to the cafe. Don't be rude."

Jimin turns to smile at the two unknown men again, "Sorry. She's a little tired after practice. It's okay that they're still working. We'd rather they take their time and be safe than get hurt by rushing. Right, Jungkook?"

Namjoon stares at the two when Jungkook winces, pouting again but letting out a small confirming sound. He chuckles lightly at the two, "Cute. I'm Namjoon and he's Yoongi-hyung. You can ignore him, it's okay. He's had his head in the clouds all day."

"Yah!" Yoongi smacks Namjoon before standing up, stretching out the kinks in his body, arms raised over his head. He drops his hands when he notices Jimin is staring at him again. When she sees him looking she turns away and stands herself, her face once again red, knowing she was caught oogling. He smirks in her direction, "We should head to the cafe before Yongguk calls and demands to know where we are."

"Knowing Seokjin-noona the minute we're late in bringing them to the cafe she'll be on the phone with one of us until we walk through the door. So let's go. You've all changed and stuff right? You don't need to do anything else here?" Namjoon questions, looking at the three girls that were previously dancing and were now littering the floor.

Junhong jumps up to stand beside Namjoon, slinging an arm around him with a smile, "No. We're good, oppa. We can leave now."

Namjoon nods, tugging on her hair lightly, "Okay then. Up, ladies. Up!"

Jungkook follows the group of older ones out of the dance studio, waving good-bye to Mrs.Kim as she goes by. She checks her phone again before shoving it in her bag and pouting, lagging behind the others. She wonders briefly if she's being unreasonable but then quickly shakes the thought away. She likes Taehyung. A lot. And she knows that Taehyung likes her. She sees the way he looks at her, when she's studying or when she's dancing.(She does throw a quick glance to Yoongi though at this thought. She saw him watching Jimin the way Taehyung watches her.) She's aware of the way he treats her differently from the rest of their group of friends, Junhong included. She comes to the conclusion that she has the right to be upset he's not here to walk them to the cafe. To see her. For her to see him. Her pout deepens at the thought. She doesn't even know if they're going to be in school tomorrow. 

"You okay?" Jimin whispers next to her, reaching over and interlacing their fingers, throwing a smile at Youngjae when she turns away from her conversation with Namjoon to look at them. When Youngjae turns back around, satisfied with checking up on the two, Jimin looks at Jungkook with concern, tugging lightly at their inter-woven fingers. "Kookie?"

Jungkook sighs, leaning some of her weight on Jimin, squeezing the older girl's hand, "I'm sorry I made fun of you earlier about your DaeguMan not responding to you."

Jimin lets out a small sound of understanding, letting go of her hand and wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her close, "It's okay, Jungkook. To miss him. He misses you, too. I'm positive about it. You know he's crazy about you. We all do. He'll be fine. And you know he'll call or text you when he can. You know that. He'll keep you updated when it's safe for him to do that. He'll try to not let you worry too much. He cares about more than your pretty face, Kookie."

Jungkook stops them then, turning to wrap herself around the shorter girl, burying her face in Jimin's neck, and lets out a shakey breath neither of them were aware she was holding, her body sagging in temporary relief at Jimin's words and welcoming arms. Turning her head she lets out a soft sigh, "I know, unni. Thank you."

Jimin smiles brighter, happy to have made her little sister relax, even if just a little. She squeezes the arms she has around Jungkook before letting her go, reaching up to tuck a strand of auburn hair behind a pierced ear, giving it a light pull, "C'mon! When we get to the cafe we can complain to unni about how rude guys can be. It'll be fun, right? I'm sure Junhong-ah, Youngjae-unni and Seokjin-unni will agree. We can be those typical cliche girls and demand sweet things from unni while we talk about our boy problems."

"I like the sound of that!" Junhong agrees, jumping into the conversation now that the serious topic has passed, latching onto Jimin's other side, smile gracing her face.

"Me too. Can you believe Daehyun had the nerve to tell me to stop hovering when he was injured last job?!" Youngjae demands in outrage, throwing an arm around Jungkook.

"He didn't!" Jimin gasps dramatically, eyes going wide as she looks at Youngjae in mock horror.

"He did. What man doesn't like their girl worrying and babying him?" Youngjae lets out a huff, rolling her eyes, "I even offered to bake him something!"

"No! And he still brushed you off?!" Jungkook covers in anticipation.

"Yep. That . See if I do anything nice for him again. Ever." Nodding seriously before Youngjae giggles at their dramatic actions, setting the other three off into their own fits of giggling.

Namjoon and Yoongi share a look before Yoongi lets out a groan of despair, drawing the girls' attention. "Is the afternoon going to be made up like this?"

Yoongi's breath hitches when Jimin turns with a blinding smile decorating those pink, kissable lips, eyes forming cresents, a beautifully melodious laugh tumbling from her before she answers with a quick, "Yes."