Just One Day

The Family

Yoongi glares at the camera in his hands, growling at the device before setting it on the table and dropping back on his bed, throwing an arm over his face. He's trying really hard to not think about the conversation Jimin had earlier with this Xero. About how the younger male apparently called for a revision on their science homework but in reality was calling just. To. Talk. The only good thing about it was how obvious it was that Jimin wasn't really paying attention to the conversation, alternating between playing with her hair, Hoseok's hair, Namjoon's hair, the couch cushion and even the chains on Yoongi's pants. Yoongi gives a slight smile when he thinks about the bored look on the younger girl's face, psuedo exuberance with her every response. He's broken from his thoughs as a hollow bang sounds through his room and it takes him a minute to realize it's someone knocking on his door. He glances at it to see if it's unlock. It is. Which is good because he isn't about to get up to answer it. Unless it was Jimin, he might make an effort to open the door for her. Maybe. Possibly. "It's open."

Namjoon walks in, Taehyung and Jongup following close behind and Yoongi thinks he should be worried about the way he smiles while locking Yoongi's bedroom door. He sits up to give them all unamused stares, silently demanding them to get on with whatever they've come to bother him about. Namjoon smirks, eyebrow lifting, looking over to the younger two and nodding his head in Yoongi's direction. Jongup smiles widely, pulling out his tablet to scroll through his pictures, handing it to Yoongi when he stops on the one he's looking for. Yoongi stares at the picture, the boy in it smilng widely at the camera, flashing a peace sign. Yoongi looks back at Jongup in question. Taehyung answers instead, grin widening, "That, hyung, is Xero."

Instantly, Yoongi scowls at the device now back in Jongup's hands. Namjoon chuckles at him, ignoring the glare Yoongi throws at him before the older man falls back on the bed again. "He's not bad looking, hyung. I'm surprised Jimin-ah's been able to resist him for so long. Taehyung says he's quite the charmer."

"Shut up, Namjoon. Be useful or get out of my room." Yoongi doesn't even lift his head as he speaks to the younger.

Namjoon huffs, putting a hand over his heart in mock pain, "I'm hurt, hyung. And here I am trying to get you on a better level with Jimin and everything. Maybe I shouldn't even bother."

"Fine fine. What is it you want to tell me?" Yoongi sighs, his patience with the youngers slowly evaporating. They were being of no use to him, it seems. They seem to just be here to annoy him.

Jongup chuckles, shaking his head, "Nah. That was it, hyung.  I was just going to show you a picture of Xero. And maybe answer any questions you might have about him? They just followed me in here, laughing at the situation."

"What situation?" Yoongi hisses, glaring at Namjoon and Taehyung as they start snickering. And they wonder why he favors Jongup most of the time. Yoongi sighs, looking away from them, "...what's he like? With Jimin?"

Jongup grins widely again, happy his hyung is at least a little worried, it shows he doesn't want to lose her and forJongup, that's what really matters. Jimin is like his sister and he wants her to be happy. Preferably with Yoongi so his older brother is happy, too. "He's always trying to hold her books for her. Always ends up outside of her classrooms after almost every class, trying to walk her class. He succeeds most of the time only because he basically follows her everywhere. He likes to try to sit with us at lunch but when he makes Jimin uncomfortable-"

"Which is more than she lets on, really. He doesn't seem to pick up on that. For someone who apparently likes her so much he doesn't really pay attention to her." Taehyung says, spinning in Yoongi's desk chair, head tilted back, staring at the ceiling.

Jongup nods at Taehyung's words, a frown maring his features, forehead creasing, "Yeah. So we usually make him leave. Sometimes forcibly because he can't really take a hint."

Yoongi narrows his eyes at that, not liking the way Jongup is basically saying Xero is forcing his company on the younger girl. He doesn't like that. At all. Yoongi's suddenly glad that he was going to be escorting her around the school. He grins at the thought of Xero's face when he shows up everywhere Jimin is. Yoongi knows he can look imtimidating when he needs to-they all can, really-and he's not above using that to make Xero back off. He startles when the there's a hesitant knock on his door, looking at the three younger in question, frowning when they shake their heads.

"Yoongi-oppa?"

Namjoon snickers at the way Yoongi's eyes light up, he stands and makes his way over to the door, ushering the younger boys up and out, opening the door for Jimin, smiling when he sees the blush on her face.

Jimin gives a small frown, biting her bottom lip nervously, eyes flickering to Yoongi before settling on Namjoon, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were busy..."

Namjoon tugs gently on a piece of her hair, chuckling at the younger, "It's fine. We were done bothering hyung anyway. You can steal him from us." Namjoon wants to engulf Jimin in a hug when her face turns more red, a hesitant smile flittering across her lips and her eyes lighting up. Gods, these two. Jongup and Taehyung pass by Jimin snickering at her blush, Taehyung pushing her into the room. 

Jimin quickly turns, whacking Taehyung, her blush intensifying to the point her neck and ears are red. She looks at Yoongi when the door is shut, tugging at the bottom of her shirt, biting her lip again.

Yoongi just stares at her in mild curiosity, wondering what Jimin wants from him enough to come to his room looking for him, "What's up, Jimin-ah?"

Jimin shuffles closer to the other, hesitating at the edge of his bed, looking unsure of herself. Yoongi rolls his eyes at her, sitting up and pulling her to sit down, scooting to put more space between them. Jimin fiddles with her fingers as she wonders how to say what she wants to say. She takes a deep breath letting it out slowly, turning to face Yoongi-who's propped himself up on the headboard, looking at her-sitting with her legs criss-crossed, staring at him seriously, "You don't need to worry about Xero-oppa."

Yoongi stares at her in shock, his cheeks heating up, before he looks away, clearing his throat, "W-what? I don't know what you're-I'm not. Why would I be worried about some kid from your class?"

Jimin smiles at him brightly and Yoongi feels betrayed by his body as his heart pauses before speeding up at how beautiful the younger is when she smiles. Jimin gives a small, chime-like giggle, grabbing his hand, pulling it a little, "Xero-oppa isn't a threat to you, Yoongi-oppa. I've always been too busy with DaeguMan-you, oppa-to even spare him a second glance. So, no worries, okay?" Jimin lets his hand go when he gives her a bemused nod, nodding to herself. She smiles at him again, jumping off the bed and waving at him, "I'll talk to you later, Yoongi-oppa."

Yoongi watches her leave, closing the door to his room. He runs a hand down his face, groaning as he flops back onto the bed again. Is he really that obvious?

-----

Jimin rushes to her temporary room, face ablaze, and throws herself onto her bed. She stays like that for a moment or two, ignoring the door that opens and shuts again, not really caring about who has entered her room. It was probably just her sisters, anyway, wondering what her rush was. Jimin's face heats up again at the thought of what she just did, wondering where that courage came from. She gives a small squeal rolling around on the bed, hands covering her face. She quiets down when she feels the bed dip, turning on her side to see both Jungkook and Hoseok looking at her curiously. Though, if Jimin's honest with herself, Hoseok looks amused and Jungkook looks judging. Jimin pouts at them, blush still prominet, "What do you want?"

"What's got you all flustered and embarrassed?" Jungkook wonders, laying down next to Jimin on her stomach, legs kicking into the air, head on her folded arms, staring at the older girl. Hoseok hums her agreement, turning to lay on her back, hair falling over the edge of the bed, legs using Jimin's waist as a foot stool.

Jimin bites her lip, grabbing a pillow and places it over her face, mumbling into it before sighing and moving to wrap her arms around it when Jungkook pokes her in the back. "I...Yoongi-oppa was upset about my phone call with Xero-oppa. I was...talking to him."

"He didn't look very upset." Jungkook frowns at her skeptically, raising an eyebrow, "He looked like he didn't really care, to be honest."

Jimin turns her head to frown at her, ready to tell Jungkook about how she probably knew Yoongi's mind better than her when Hoseok kicks the youngest, earning a yelp of surprise, "I think Jimin would know how Yoongi's mind works by now. She's been attracted to nothing but his mind for months. Even if he physically doesn't show it to us, I'm sure she knows how his mind reacted. Besides Namjoon said that Yoongi looked a little ruffled learning about someone taking an interest in Jimin."

Jimin nods her head in seriousness, sticking her tongue out at the younger girl, "Exactly! So shut up, Kookie."

Jungkook sticks her tongue as well, before shrugging her shoulder, closing her eyes, "Don't have to get annoyed with me just because your guy is emotionally stunted. It's not my fault Yoongi's the only one who's incapable of letting people know what he's feeling."

"That's not true!" Jimin snaps, sitting up abruptly, Hosoek whining as her legs get dropped, quieting when Jimin lays them in her lap instead before glaring at Jungkook, "Yoongi-oppa is very capable of letting people know what he's feeling. He just choses which people himself he wants to let in. I knew that he was upset. And that's all that matters, Jungkook. You didn't need to know. I did, and I talked to him about it. Not you. It wasn't really any of your concern. He's not yours to deal with. You don't know oppa. At all. Don't talk about him like you do."

Hoseok smiles at Jimin as the younger girls huffs in annoyance. Jungkook looks at Jimin with wide, worried, eyes, a frown on her face, grabbing Jimin's hand, "I didn't mean to make you upset, unni. I'm sorry."

Hoseok laughs behind her hand as Jimin tries to keep a smile off of her face, never the one to stay mad at people, especially ones so close to her. Hoseok gives up throwing herself on the two, arms wrapping around her younger sisters and cuddling them to her. She's so happy her sisters are happy. And, a little tired. She smiles when the two turn to snuggle in closer, planning to just lay here with them and maybe take a quick nap before people come to bother them.