The Shining SHINee

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

After calling my family and telling grandpa every single detail I had experienced in this dream-like reality, I was now staring at the flat screen in front of me, already wrapped up in my pajamas. I can clearly hear the sound of the news reporter but my mind wasn't paying much attention. I was partly frustrated. 

At least I have Lettuce with me. He was lying on the floor, chewing one of his fluffy toys. I had let him in, so I wouldn't feel so alone. But still, I never thought living by myself would be this hard.

I remember how I would wish to live without my parents, how freedom would feel without them. But they're the only people I have. I never had bestfriends to party all night and get drunk. I never had girl friends to go shopping and spend everything on our wallets. I never had a boyfriend to feel committed and think that what I'm feeling could have been love.

And that made my life so boring. I never had the chance to experience all of these because I'm a caged bird. I should be so happy to get out of it for the meantime. And yes I am. Yes I am.

I was lying down the long sofa, holding the remote over my stomach. I feel like a princess waiting for her prince to come. I shifted my gaze on the ceiling. The fluorescent was lighting the gloomy room and I was feeling more and more helpless. I have to think of something to do, or else I'll be spending half of my life like I'm used to.

Then an evil smile began to cross my face. A stroll down the night market won't hurt. I jumped up and turned the tv off before I ran to my room.

It's the second night after eomeoni went off to Japan. I've been living on my own for a couple of nights for the first time! That means, Taemin didn't visit me. Well, why would he? 

I put on a sleeveless top and a thin jacket to cover my bare arms. I wore a skin-tone jeans in a dark brown boots that made me taller with the heels. I styled my hair with curls at the end and put a little make up on my pale face. It would be my first time to go out alone in South Korea. So, I must not look like a beggar. 

I checked myself out on the mirror. 'Hannah-ssi, own the night'. 

I walked out to my room, then to the hallway. The heels on my shoes goes 'click-clack', the only sound that echoed in the house.

Lettuce went on all fours as he noticed me. His ears were straight up. Like, 'where are you going?'. He probably smelled betrayal 'cause I'm leaving him.

I smiled and patted his head as I opened the front door and we walked out of it. 

The cold wind brushed towards me as I took steps to the gates. I crossed my arms, hoping that it would convince me not to go back to get a thicker jacket. It's not snowing but it's not a normal warm night either.

"I'll be home shortly, Lettuce. Wait for me, okay?" I looked at him before I turned the lock. Then I paused as I heard a car engine stop just in front of the gates. I heard a car door open and someone went out of it before slamming it close. 

I just ignored it, and opened the gate to continue my 'little sneak out'.
 

"Oh! Are you Hannah?" 

A soothing voice made me look up, only to meet a very familiar face. I was surprised to see who was smiling back at me. And I didn't had the chance to close my mouth and answer his question as I found myself starstrucked at the moment.

It was Lee Jinki! SHINee's leader, commonly known as Onew. His voice was really a pleasure by the ears, and he isn't singing yet. His single eyelids made his eyes almost turn into thick lines when he smiles, his pure smile. 

His sandy hair was styled in an up-do, making him look more appealing. He really lose some pounds these days and I could tell that his arms are more toned now, under that fit branded sweater. He was too dazzling that my eyes were probably twinkling before him.

"Ah~ ne." I bowed. Half of my body was still hiding behind the gate which I've been holding onto. 

"Y-You, you're Onew, right?" Who am I kidding, I can't be wrong. I looked back to him as my voice showed how surprised I am. 

"Ne." He bowed. He trailed his gaze down to my foot, as if checking me out.

"You know I'm coming?" His eyes went slightly round.

"A-Aniyo. Wae?" I asked as I became more puzzled.

"Let's go." He said as he pulled his hand out from his pocket to reach for my hand. He pulled me out. It made me move out of the gate, swiftly. I was nervous. Why would SHINee's leader just appear and pick me up? Is this, some kind of an urgent date? Seriously, what's going on?

"Where?" I said as he let go of my hand to close the gate behind me. 

He walked to the side of his dark sparkling car and opened the door to the front seat.
"Come, get in." 

Is he trying to kidnap me? Whoa, anyone would love to be kidnapped by him. I move towards the car and get in the seat, before Onew oppa shut the door. Why would I decline his offer? Do I have a choice if it's Onew? 

He then walked to the other side, and before I knew it, he was sitting beside me now, flashing his wide smile as he turned the engine on and we drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked again, hoping that he would answer this time. But he remained silent, which made me feel awkward. I think I've been encountering the Onew condition for the first time. Yes, most likely.

"Taemin's mother had called a million times. She wants Taemin to pick you up to join our little party." Finally, he spoke!

I turned at him and looked closely as he talked. His eyes were locked on the streets while his hands curled on the steering wheel.

"Since I'm the only one who could still walk straight..." He paused with a smirk that made me copy. "And Taemin is a hard-headed son, I decided to pick you up."

"Ah, komawo Onew oppa. But, I don't really like parties." I was a bit worried. 
In a couple of minutes, I could be meeting random idols, who were partying hard. And who am I to join in?

"It's okay, it's just the five of us. It's for our comeback success. And....you could help us carry Taemin."

The sound of his name being said made me more and more flustered. Taemin? I'm gonna see him again. Was he drunk? Are they all drunk, except for this eldest member who's driving me to them? I'm gonna meet SHINee. Oh my god, I'm gonna meet SHINee! 

More than a meet and greet thing. I'm gonna join their private celebration! It would be like a super VIP concert and I'm the only one watching. Whoa, I can't imagine them all up close. 

"We're here."

I turned out the window and saw a tall building. It must've been floors to count. The car turned to an underground parking lot and we stopped and parked near the entrance. We hopped out of the car and I followed him to the elevator.

"So, how were you related with Taemin?" He asked, breaking the silence as we entered the elevator. It began closing. And he pressed the button to the 18th floor.

"He didn't told you?" 

"I didn't asked. He couldn't answer either." His chuckles filled the room as we continued to elevate. "You'll see."

He turned at me with a grin. And I shifted my gaze away, blushing.

The doors then slid apart revealing a long hallway. Onew gestured for me to follow him as he lead the way to a door #0718. He dug out the keys in his pocket then he opened the door.

My heart was pounding hard. I was already thinking of backing out. But no, this is a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity, to walk into SHINee's dorm.

Loud voices and laughter began to enter my ears as I stepped inside. I pushed the door closed behind me. Onew turned at me grinning, telling me to look at what was in front of him. I moved closer and then I was next to Onew looking in the living room. And I can't help but laugh in amazement.

Key and Jonghyun was the first to catch my attention. They were dancing and laughing in front of the flat sceen with Dance Central playing on. 'Bar bar bar by crayon pop' was ringing loudly from the huge speakers. They were trying to imitate the steps but the alcohol bottles on the table proved that it won't let them. 

Before my eyes leave the two, Onew went in and jumped in the sofa across the flat sceen. And my eyes went wide as I recognize who was next to him. It was Taemin! He was sprawled out on one corner, sleeping. His arms were hanging by the slim sofa and his face was cutely contorted, squished on the small pillow just beneath his head.

Then Minho appeared from what I think was the kitchen. He was the one who first noticed me from the drunk members. 

"Oh! Guys, she's here. Hannah-ssi." He called out. He was holding some more sojus and hurried to the table to put them out before he bowed at me.

Key and Jonghyun clumsily turned around to see me and joined Minho in greeting. I smiled to my ears as I bowed back. My cheeks began heating up, as the four laid eyes on me. They were really gorgeous!

"Come, sit there." Key pointed at the cushioned chair just beside where Taemin's head was leaning.

He smiled at me warmly. He really have those seductive cat eyes. And his lips had those curves that could hypnotize you when he speak. His black hair made his figure more sharp, vanishing the motherly role he had been containing.

"Do you drink?" Jonghyun's eyes rounded when he asked. I moved to the chair next to Taemin. I gently sat, placing my hands to cup knees. 

"Of course she drinks. Who doesn't drink water?" Onew badged in sarcastically as Jonghyun glared at him.

"Uhm, not much." Okay so I tasted beer last new year, and I swear that would be the first and last one. Should I appear more party prone to them? I think so. 

The music didn't left the room, as we nearly struggled to hear each other.
The three squatted on the floor, Key was next to me, then Jonghyun, next was Minho. Onew remained on the couch next to Taemin's feet. We were forming a circle with the table at the center. Minho began pouring beer in glasses like a bartender on one side of the table. 

"Here." He threw one half-full glass in the air, waiting for me to reach for it. 

I turned at the reassuring look on his face. He has the most huge eyes among them and the cutest puffs under it. Not to mention he's the tallest and the most sporty. No doubt he has a body that girls would die for. He really has the looks of a top model and he's the king of aegyo at the same time(Buing! Buing!). 

"Yah, don't let a girl drink, that's rude." Key grabbed the glass and glared at Minho. But he turned at me and smiled the warmest smile. "Here.."

They all burst laughing and I joined in. Jonghyun then grabbed Key's neck and shook it playfully. Jonghyun, the Dino. The one who would struggle to stay still. He's really the most dorky among them. Despite his playboy look, he has this charm that could attract girls, his sense of humor.

"Hyuuungsss... Shut up!" We all turned at Taemin who was frowning with his eyes still partly closed.

"Yah! Taemin, this isn't a time for sleeping!" Onew scolded him but whispered laughs after.

"Ye-yeah. Get up! Hannah is here." Key yelled but Taemin only turned his back on us.

"Rule number 1: Must never let the maknae drink." Minho stated as he shook his head in dismay.

They went back to raising their glasses and making a toss before drinking it like they were having a race. They were probably fighting the tipsy feeling now. Their eyes were swirling and they were like laughing tomatoes. Too good the color of my cheeks aren't far from theirs. 

I refused to drink. I just focused on eating delicious chips that was scattered on one plate. Because I could see myself in Taemin's situation if I gulp those glasses of alcohol. So, no.

After hundreds of questions and thousands of jokes that made my stomach hurt, the people began to drift into silence. Onew had excused himself to take a shower while the others suspected him to jump into bed already. 

Key was spread on the floor, now snoring hard. Jonghyun was leaning by the wall beside the speakers, he's half asleep. Minho was already fixing the bottles. I was worried maybe he'll trip. He held 4 bottles at a time. I insisted to help him but he just made me "sit back and relax".

My eyelids were already heavy too, and I am itching to lie down already. The wall clock have proven why. It's almost midnight and I don't know how to get back home.

"Hannah-ssi, we obviously can't drive you home." Minho said as he held the last bottles and disappeared to the kitchen again.

"You could stay for the night. We have a guest room." He peeked from the counter. His eyes were weak as well.

I just looked at him with surprise. Me sleeping in a dorm with five handsome boys. I never thought being with guys would take so much pleasure.

I suppressed a smile, making it somehow an 'okay' sign. It's better to spend the night here rather than risking my life of letting a drunk man drive. 
 

"Is it okay?" I stood up while slowly walking to the kitchen.

"Of course! We can't let a girl go home at this hour." He put the last plate on the sink and dried his hands with a towel. "Come, follow me to your room."

He lead the way past the living room and into a small hallway where doors were across each other. Then on one side, he opened a door, the guest room I suppose. He let me peek inside but he suddenly close it before I could get in and throw myself on the bed.

"But before that...can you help me, Hannah-ssi?" His voice was pleasing. 

My heart pounded. He was standing close enough that I can see the lines on his chapped lips. I looked up to his eyes that stared intensely down on mine. Okay, is this some kind of a kissing scene, that one would close his eyes and the other would do the same?

"S-Sure." I replied as I shifted my gaze. "...with what?"

He smiled and walked past me. I followed him and we got back to the living room. I waited at the corner as he went towards Jonghyun who was creepily sleeping with his eyes half open. I saw Taemin in the corner of my eye. He was on the edge of falling off the sofa and onto the hard floor.

"Hyung! Get up. Sleep in your room. Not here. Come on." He shook him hard that made me giggle and feel pity for the older.

"What the?!" Jonghyun woke up and yelled. He joked of slapping Minho, who was grinning above his head. He then help himself up and glared at Minho as he walked past me.

"Goodnight, Hannah-ssi!" He smiled with his lazy eyes and I nodded back. 

I turned back at Minho. He was moving on to the next member who was lying on the bare floor. He shook Kibum's shoulder and whispered in his ear. The diva shuffled smoothly and opened up his cat eyes. 

"Yah! Wait until I'm the one to wake you up." He stretched before he reached for Minho's hand to pull him up. 

He lazily walked past me and flashed a grin. He raised his thumb up and I shyly smiled at his mellow face.

Once again, Minho moved on to the maknae. But this time, he motioned for me to come closer. 

"I'll need your help with this." He grinned as I walked closer and he grabbed Taemin's right arm. He then glanced at me to do the same on the other.

"You won't wake him up first?" I asked. 

"Trust me, it won't work. And it's a bad idea." He hushed before his soft chuckles gave me a hazy hint. 

I positioned on Taemin's left side as Minho pushed him in a sitting state. He was grunting and making low rhythmic hums that made me flutter. His head flung wobbly at one side as we gripped on each of his arms and put them around our shoulders. 

His head was leaning on my side, casually bumping the temples of my head. I didn't mind it though, as I concentrated on exerting all my strength to this surprisingly heavy boy. 

We gently walked him to his room where we found his roommate, Jonghyun on the other bed. But he wasn't sleeping. He's sitting at the edge, staring down at his phone and poking at it. 

I noticed he had changed clothes. Not into pajamas, but something that made him look like he'd be going out.

"Hyung, you have a date again?" Minho sneered as we entered the room and went to the bed across Jonghyun's.

Jonghyun looked up at us but went back to his phone shortly. His round eyes were tired but he still could flash that genuine smirk. 

We finally made Taemin reunite with his bed. I watched him curl at one side. His eyebrows were clenching but it slowly softened as he drifted back to dreamland.

"I'll be going." Jonghyun jumped up and disappeared by the door. "Bye! Sleep well!" 

His voice rang from the open door, leaving Minho no chance of bothering his hyung.

"Hannah-ssi, just grabbed a pair of pajamas there." Minho pointed at the cabinet on the foot of Taemin's bed. 

"Ne, komawo." I bowed in return.

"I'll sleep now." He said while walking warily out the door. "Ugh, my head hurts." 

His steps disappeared and silence invaded the room. I stood there facing Taemin's sleeping figure. Why am I always left with him? 

I sighed and moved to the cabinet. I opened it and began looking for pajamas. I heaved each clothing but didn't found one. It's just filled of men's jeans and socks. And some looks like it's already worn. What would I expect in a guy's room?

I straightened up and walked to Taemin who was binding a pillow between his arms and legs. He was wearing a jacket, half ped. His inner shirt was showing, by the opening on his chest. And a pair of tight pants was wrapped on his legs. Gosh, how can he sleep with those?

"Taemin oppa...where do you put the pajamas? Can I borrow one?" My voice was soft. I was afraid of making him jump up to it. I don't think he knew that his crazy fan is here.

I waited but he didn't make a single move. His snoring just got even louder. I moved my hand out and shook his shoulder lightly.

"Oppa...wake up." I heard the stutter from my voice. I knew he'll get annoyed when he find out who was waking him up. But I have no choice. I'll never get to sleep with these tight clothes on.

"Taemin oppa." I called out once more but he still didn't budged.

I turned around and decided to try my luck in the guest room. I switched the lights off and was about to grab the doorknob when he made a sound.

"Hmmm?..." He hummed as I slowly moved back in. I saw him shift position by the light that passed through the half open door.

"Can I borrow pajamas?" I asked as I looked down his face, wishing he would wake up and just tell me where.

"Hmmm..." Okay, I was answered with a hum. 

I was about to give up and walk out when his hands grabbed the opening on his jacket. He pulled it apart sluggishly, causing the zipper to move down. He then managed to sit up with his eyes still squinting. I moved back to give way as I noticed that he's trying to stand up on his jelly legs. 

I thought of helping him up but I retreated, when I figured out what he was doing. 

He was stripping his clothes off!