Steps

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

[Hannah] 


 

"Jagi?" His voice echoed through the bathroom walls.
 

I jolted from lying on the bed. I was the first to shower and now I'm just hysterically waiting for him to finish, so that we could both rest. I was in a pair of short shorts that can be barely seen under one of his over-sized shirts. I was saved when he let me borrow one of his clothes. But I have no choice but to wear the bizarre under garments his hyungs picked for me.

"N-Neh?" I answered as I scooted closer to the door. I was having those butterflies again, just hearing the sound of water, that was probably running on his bare skin.

"Can you lend me my underwear? I forgot. It's in my bag Jagi."

I gulped as I immediately found his bag. I ped it and fished in. Then I finally found a dark one, with a 'diesel' mark. I blushed as I hold it and ran to the bathroom door.

"Oppa, here's your uhm...undies." I tried hard to sound normal. But my heart was beating like crazy as I heard the turning off of the shower faucet. And in a couple of seconds, the door clicked open. Then his hand sneaked through the opening. I handed it to him immediately, feeling eased when he didn't dared to show his body by any chance. Cause I'm afraid I'll be having a breakdown.

"Thanks Jagi. And...sorry if you have to touch this." He murmured as the door closed. I hear him smile after his words that caused a heavy flush on my cheeks.

I flung back to the bed and grabbed my phone, trying to immerse myself by checking out the internet. I was scrolling down through the list of news. I wasn't really reading the descriptions as I was staring at it absent-mindedly.

But then, my eyes caught something that made me freeze. The picture in thumbnail was so familiar to me, that it made me remember the fan ambush in the park. I quickly clicked it and waited impatiently as it began to load and took me in the main page.
 

'Lee Taemin of SHINee was spotted last October 25 in the amusement park in the late hours of night. 
The idol was seen with a girl, who was accused of being his secret girlfriend. 
Based on the eye-witnesses, the couple was happily riding rides together, and everything went chaotic when a fan recognized the maknae. 
The surprise sighting cause the crowd to rise. It was said that they managed to break through the people and even rode the same car. 
Could it be, that our maknae is really dating the mysterious girl in the photo?'
 

I stared blankly at the screen as my eyes were stuck in the photos. There were lots of them and my face was clearly shown in each. And there's no use of trying to disclaim the photos anymore.

Worries suddenly invaded me. But the next thing I read sent tears, blurring my eyes. There were more news, actually.
 

'Lee Taemin skips schedules for his girl'

'Is Lee Taemin turning his back from his career already?'

'Taemin's secret lover: A bad influence to our maknae?'


 

I was sobbing now, and the comments in each article made it worst. I'm lucky Taemin hasn't gone out of the bathroom, or he'll see me like this. I don't want to give him more burden.

I decided to get some fresh air. I hurriedly ran down the hallway, after closing our room. Our room was on the last floor, so next to it was the hotel's rooftop.

I ran from the entrance to the edge of the open space, embracing the serenity as I leaned on the railings. The view below was beautiful. I could see the island as a whole. But the skies above me were where my eyes stayed in comfort as my tears continued streaking down.

I didn't know I would cause more harm to him, than myself. I realize the blame was on me. If everything of this didn't happen, if we were still strangers till now, I wouldn't have the chance to mess with his life. Though being with him was the happiest moments of my life, I regret meeting him. I regret falling in love with him.
 

I nearly jumped when I felt a pair of arms slithering on my sides, hugging me from behind.

"Jagi...I thought you left me again." He buried his face on my shoulder.

I hurriedly wiped my tears with the back of my hand, and I felt him turn to me. I avoided his gaze but he grabbed my shoulder and spun me to face him. Our eyes met and more tears broke out as I looked at his face. The face, I'm never gonna be tired of staring at.

"Jagi...don't mind them okay? They're just trying hard to separate us."

I was surprised on how he knew what was bothering me. And then I realized that I left my stupid phone in the room. He noticed my tears and he wiped it with his thumb. His hands stayed to cup my face, tilting it, so that I could focus on his eyes. His eyes that told me how he meant each word he say.
 

"I love you. And I won't ever leave you. You are everything to me now, Hannah-ssi. Isn't that enough not to care about what people say?" His eyes glistened by the moonlight. He looked at me sincerely, that I was lost in his eyes. And my tears suddenly stopped falling.

This is another moment wherein he managed to switch me from all my griefs. Wherein, I surrendered myself to him again. Wherein I would count on his words, and at the same time, letting him carry all the burden.

I hugged him, pressing my face to his chest. A weak smile invaded my face. I am very lucky to have someone like him. Someone who would take all my worries, even though he's already carrying a lot in his own.
 

"Komawo, oppa. Thanks for loving me." I cooed in his arms and I felt him smile when he kissed my head.
 

"Whoa! Look! A falling star!" He yelled all of a sudden that made me turn to where he was pointing.

I caught a glimpse of it and we both were amazed on how it sliced through the dark sky.

"Jagi, let's lie down. We might see another one." He turned at me with his bright smile. And with a blink of an eye, the gloomy scene awhile ago was replaced with complete brightness.
 

We lied on the ground, not minding its coldness. He made me lay my head on his arm and we snuggled under the wide sky. We were staring up, pointing at the stars that formed different shapes.

"Oppa, see that? It looks like a chicken."

"Yeah, I could see Onew hyung now. You know, he always loves to chicken."

I laughed hard.

"How about that oppa?"

"Hmm, it looks like it has ridiculously high cheekbones, so...it's probably Key hyung."

My back curled as I burst out laughing. The way he said it was really the funny part.

"I'll tell your hyungs about this. Haha!"

"Noooo."

"Yeeess."

"Hmmm, what if I'll kiss you now, to make you shut up huh?" He looked at me while seductively his lips.

"I'm not afraid of that anymore." I fought back. I leaned closer to his face to show him that I was telling the truth.

"Oh, really? I guess I've turned you into something." He smirked under me.
 

"Say whatever you want." I said and rolled my eyes before I claimed his lips. I knew he was surprised by my act when his lips didn't moved immediately. It's like his mind was still buffering. But he began to mirror my moves and his hands began caressing my sides.
 

My body found a place on top of him. And now I was sitting lightly on his hips as our kiss deepened. Then, as his hands began to crawl inside my shirt, I halted him and stopped the kiss.

He arched his back, begging for more kisses, but I just smiled teasingly and shook my head.
 

"That's enough for now, you ert." I hummed in his ear that made him grunt.
 

I went back to his arms while giggling softly. He pulled me tightly beside him, that made me hold my breath.

"Ugh, you're such a tease Jagi."
 

I just smiled while my head went over his chest, leaning comfortably. We both turned quiet. Now I could hear his heartbeat. And It sounded like music to me. 
 

"Jagi...I have to tell you something." His voice roared from his chest.

"What?" I asked.

"I'll be gone for more than a week....for our world tour."
 

Loneliness. It was the first thing that came to my mind. But at the back of my head I was relieved that he'll be going to prove he isn't skipping on his schedules. So, I nodded earnestly, even though I'm close to crying.
 

"Promise me you'll wait for me."
 

"Ofcourse oppa. I can wait for you for eternity."
 

"Really?" He held my hand then placed his rosary bracelet around my wrist. I was curious on why is he letting me wear his bracelet. But before I could ask, he planted a kiss on my head, and answered my thoughts.
 

"I'll let you take care of it for now. That would be the sign that I'll be going back to you."

"I'll miss you oppa..." I snuggled with him tighter, feeling touched of his promises.

"I'll miss you too, Jagi."
 

"Oppa...."

"Hmm?"

"Remember the thing I asked you in the treehouse, before you collapsed?" He laughed between his remembrance, before I hear him say yes.
 

"I want it now oppa....sing for me." 
 

He scoffed a laugh but he didn't think twice of singing his heart to me. He began singing after he cleared his throat, and his free hand was fondling through my hair. His voice was so soothing, relaxing, yet it made me feel cold shivers because it was indeed a sound from heaven. The sound that made me smile in my sleep, and shed the last tear that had proved how much I love everything about this guy right here.
 

"Will you come here? After you take one step closer. Come into me as much as you were that far away.

I wan't to shout out and call you. Look at me, who I've hidden. Tell me that it's not time for goodbye yet.

I won't rush, it has just started now. Just stay like that.

Don't ever leave me again. I guess we are getting used to each other.

Will you come here? A love that has formed like magic. Come into me so you won't ever hurt again."