Better Than a Backhug

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

[Hannah]

 

I was restraining myself not to go down. I was just chillin' in the treehouse earlier, hoping that it could conduce in making me drowsy. He's here. And he doesn't look well. 

I was so worried that I want to run to him and just make him feel better. But no, I can't do that. I haven't lose my mind yet. I can't just appear from nowhere and offer my concern.

I glanced down from the porch. My legs couldn't stay still. Now I'm frantically pacing back and forth, biting my nails. I thought I had outwit this bad habit. 

I finally settled myself lying on the warm carpeted floor. This is the best I could do. If I go down, I would mess up everything. 

"Yah!" 

I jerked up and turned to where the threatening voice came from. My eyes were at its fullest, meeting Taemin's dark orbs that was staring at mine intensely. But before I could make a sound, I noticed what he was holding. And I knew that I was so screwed up.

"Do you know how uncomfortable it is to live with a person like you?" He said after throwing the book on the floor. I catch it and held it close, before I went back to my frozen state.

"How much photos did you already took, huh?"

There was silence. I couldn't talk. I was caught up with some kind of an illusion. How did that stupid book find its way to him?

He took a step closer and got down on one knee, so we were on the same level. He drew his face closer and locked his eyes on mine that I have no choice but to stare back at them. Holding my breath in, I was near to suffocation when there was too less space between us.

"Tell me Hannah-ssi, how much time do you need to completely expose all of me in public?"

My mouth went open as I frowned at what he said. I shook my head and backed out a little.

"W-what?" I finally managed to speak. My shoulders were stiffened. I'm thinking of right words to somehow defend myself.

He threw his head down and smirked. He shifted and sat squatting on the floor, before returning to face me. His eyes were fierce. The somber look on his face made me shiver. 

I don't know if I should be frightened or I should focus on the rising heat that was now invading the place. He was sitting in front of me, waiting for my explanation. But once again, his charisma was dragging me out of the way.

His loose shirt was revealing more of his creamy chest, and his tight pants were forming his toned legs that were obviously all worked up. His sturdy arms were behind his sides, supporting his lean body. 

It must've been because of his sickness that his cheeks were a shade of red, and his lips were chapped like he hadn't drank enough water. His hair was messy all over his forehead, causing his eyes to become even more dark and menacing. 

I swallowed hard by the view in front of me. He's just too---distracting.

"I--I have no intentions like that." I looked away from his eyes. I have to think straight. I have to convince him that I'm not a SASAENG fan.

"Then, just go back....." He said, plain but dull. "...to your country."

My eyes suddenly darted back to his. Did I heard him right? Does he really mean to send me back---away from him? 

"If you really are not recklessly stalking, prove that you can go away from me." He stared deeply into my eyes, as if he really mean each word he said.

He didn't waited for a reply, instead he stood up. I could see his weak knees gently shaking. He turned his back at me and walked to the exit. I noticed his steps, it wasn't in good rhythm. 

"Oppa!" I was unable to hold back anymore.

He stopped on his tracks but remained on his back.

"Before I go, can you...." I gulped. I was nervous but I decided to take this chance. "...sing for me?"

Yes, I'll leave. If my presence is distressing him, I'm willing to leave, even though it means oppressing myself. But, not now. I just hope that I'll get to spend my birthday here, with him. After that, I promise to go back. 

I waited for him to turn around and say something, but it took long.

"I want to hear your voice in person oppa. I've been wondering how great it would sound when you're just a few---"

I didn't finished talking anymore when all of a sudden, his weak legs gave in. I ran to him but I was too late to keep him from hitting the floor.

"Oppa! Oppa!" I grabbed both of his arms and shook him hard. He was unconscious and it was hard for me to be calm.

I extended my arm out to feel his moist forehead with the back of my hand. Oh my, he's really burning!

Then I noticed his eyes, his lashes fluttered and his eyes were now half open. He weakly turned at me, he was breathing hard through his faint and dry lips.

"Oppa! Are you okay? Wait here, I'm calling your umma." I said in chatters. He nodded once then I rushed down the tree house and into the main house. 

"Eomeoni! T--Taemin, he collapsed!" I almost shrieked. And eomeoni was now panicking too. She held the medicines and I took care of the kit.


 

***

"Eotteokhe? We can't carry him down." Eomeoni said while we stared at Taemin who was now dreaming peacefully. 

His temperature has lowered down, and he had fallen asleep after taking the medicines. We managed to lay him on the bunk bed that was on the corner of the treehouse. Covered with thick blankets, and a soaked cloth over his forehead, he looked like a baby, so innocent and vulnerable.

"Eomeoni, I can stay here. I'll watch over him." I said. I saw her turn to me from the corner of my eye.

"Are you sure? There's only one bed and it's like freezing out here. You might get a cold Hannah-ssi." 

"Gwaenchana(it's okay). Really it is. I can't let you sleep here either." I insisted. 

"Ugh, why did he go up here in the first place? Now we can't leave him like this."

"Eomeoni, it's past twelve. You're tired. Leave it to me." I said while I looked at her reassuringly. 

 

Finally winning over, eomeoni made sure that I have enough blankets for cover. She helped me prepare my spot on the floor and she then left the treehouse.

"Hannah-ssi, just call me if you need anything." She called from the base. I peeked down and signaled an 'okay' with my hand. She then smiled and disappeared to the house.

I sighed. I'm left with Taemin now. Just the two of us in this cold place on the tree's branches. I went to the light switch and turned it off. I turned at him, he was gleaming by the moonlight that was passing through the glass window. He's still on the same position he was earlier. 

I walked closer and gently sat down on the side of the bed, admiring the serene look on his face. His hand was just inches from mine, and I could hold it without him noticing. But I backed off. I'm gonna look like a if I did that. No.

I felt my eyelids getting heavier, reminding me that I have to take a sweet sleep too. So, I settled down the floor and wrapped myself as much blanket that I needed. I curled up, comforting myself from the rigid floor. I closed my eyes and smiled. I wonder how this hallow night could ever be more fascinating than it is.


 

***
 

I can't breathe. There was something on top of me. Like someone's making me a human pillow. I struggled to open my eyes by the blinding sunlight that broke through the windows. My eyes were still adjusting as I glanced at where I felt unbearably heavy. 

Then my eyes went wide open. 
 

I turned to my side. 

 

OH---MY---GOD!!!
 

I was face to face with a snoring Lee Taemin, and he's making me his pillow!!! His leg was over my thighs and one of his arms went over my stomach. My body heated even more and goosebumps started to tickle my skin when I realized that his body was dangerously leaning to my side. 

I tried hard not no make a sound as I slowly pushed him away so I could get up and escape this some kind of crime scene.

I continued to push him but he only tightened his grip on me, restricting any move I could make. 

He was hugging me tightly. I had always envied those idols who had experienced his legendary back hug. But I could tell this is so much more better. Envy me now. 

His head sank in my pillow, moving in closer that I could feel his warm breath on my cheeks. He's falling deeper into slumber and it was hard to repel my sight in this dream-like scheme.

But before I could die happily in his arms, his hand then suddenly went up, hitting something he should not. 

And then it was a total turnover.
 

"Aww!" He yelled and squinted his little eyes. His hand shadowed it from the sunlight as he glared at me. I was standing across the room, while ridiculously covering my chest with my arms.

"Why'd you do that?" He said while his elbows inclined him. His voice sounded intimidating, but it didn't failed and still gave me butterflies. And I was just amazed at how I can't stay mad.

Just so you know, he unknowingly touched me there, and I'm not used to wearing any bra when I sleep! 
So I threw his arm with full force and pushed him off me before I flung up and kept my distance.

"I'm supposed to say that!" I burst out sternly.

I watched him as he finds out that he's now on the floor. My heart was beating drums. What just happened was so embarrassing that I think my cheeks could cook anything. I just hope he hadn't recognized that.

He slammed back to the floor and closed his eyes once again. But just to place an annoying smirk on his face. 

"Oh. So I fell from my bed, or you pulled me out of it?" He said with a mocking smile as he turned back at me.

"Hey, why are you so red?" He pointed out in between soft chuckles.

"Don't mess with me Lee Taemin!" I yelled through my coarse voice.

"Are you blushing?"

His words were striking through me again, making me feel dumbfounded as ever. I'm sure I'm a total burning mess standing stiffly in the corner.

"So, you slept with me? You must have been so happy!" He said sarcastically. 

I flinched at how he teases me. It was too much. I wanted to tell him that I'd rather sleep with other guys, but that's a bad idea, 'cause I know that he can tell that I'm lying.

I heaved a sigh before grabbing a blanket to cloaked myself in. I turned around and walked out to the porch. My steps were loud enough to show how exasperated I am. I climbed down the treehouse and proceeded inside the main house.

I even left my book up there but going back to get it would take a lot of courage. And I don't have that. 

So, I went to my room and just tossed myself on my cozy bed and stared at the ceiling like I would always do.

Taemin's right, I must leave, and it must be soon enough. Soon enough---or else it would be too hard for me to go away from him. But---there's always a 'but', because I don't wan't to leave, even though I know it's for my own sake.

I grabbed my pillow and hugged it tightly. I buried my face on it, remembering the moment when I turned my head and found his naive face, above me. His plump lips were in its fullest when he's sleeping. 

And his hair, I wonder how his straight hair would feel in my hands. Every strand of it looks so perfect up close. Could it feel like the clouds in the sky? Oh gosh, what am I thinking? It's more than that.

For some reason, I was grateful that he had read the book. If it wasn't because of it, he may haven't looked for me and found me in the treehouse. And my night could've been nothing so heavenly.


 

***

"I knew it! I knew there was something special when you look at my son." Eomeoni's loud voice rang to my ears. She was grinning across the dining table where food were served for lunch.

Taemin had gone back to his busy schedule after he had recovered from his illness. He hadn't even had breakfast with us and just went off after their small talk with eomeoni. He disappeared like a bubble.

I faked a smile. She had asked me if I like his son, and yes, I already admitted it. I didn't know why she suddenly asked me. Taemin must've mentioned my dirty little secret to her. So I didn't dared to deny it.

"I knew it! I knew it!" She pointed out again. "That's why you stayed up there last night! Ugh, puppy love these days."

I became wide-eyed as I shook my head harshly. She's really good at teasing. Taemin could've inherited it from her.

"Ahhh~ eomeoni! It's not like that." I whined while stomping my feet under the table. I winced and placed a palm on my forehead to hide my eyes. Eomeoni's giggles mimic in my head while I continued to frown, trying hard to somehow taunt her back.

"It's okay. I'm not so strict about who'll gonna end up with my son." Her voice became solemn and I looked at her, surprised by the sudden shift of her tone.

"Perhaps, I had noticed that you two look good together." She smiled warmly at me. Like a smile of a mother, attending her child's wedding. 

"Ah--Aniyo. That's way too far. I--I'm just his fan." I stuttered. This is what I'm good at, looking at myself like a trash. I'm no good at thanking for the compliments.

Eomeoni grimaced shortly like she couldn't believe what I said.

"Wae? You're beautiful! You're nice! You are perfectly brought up by your wonderful family, and I like your personality Hannah-ssi!" Her eyes were looking through mine as I swallowed hard.

Did she mean that, it's possible for me to be with his son? Whoa...really? Like, I'm really qualified? Oh my, this really is too much. I only went here to meet Lee Taemin and now I even got the blessing of his mother! How can I be so lucky? 

I sighed and smiled in doubt like I didn't really made her words a big deal. But the truth is, my insides were feasting like crazy. I could smile to my ears now, but I held it in. I don't want to show her that I'm the weirdest. Maybe she'll take back her word.

"By the way, I have to leave the country next week, Hannah-ssi. Would it be okay with you to be here alone?" She said after having a sip of juice. "I'm so sorry. I have to take care of my business in Japan."

"Ah, neh. No problem eomeoni." I replied coolly. 
 

But.
Ahhhhh~ Eotteokhe?
What is this? I'm not so used to living alone. I was a little worried about how I would deal with only myself. How scary would it be? I don't know much about the place. What if something goes wrong?
 

Maybe Taemin could help me up? 
 

Oh, yes please.

 

***