Jagiya

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

[Hannah]

"Are you sure with that Hannah-ssi? Well, you could always come back here." Eomeoni said.

I told her about what happened in the park, and I lied that it's the main reason why I decided to go back to the Philippines. I had requested for Mr. Goon (remember grandpa's private driver?), to work on my passport yesterday and I'll be sure to leave on this day.

I've done packing all my things, and in a couple of hours, I have to be in the airport.

There was a glint of sadness in eomeoni's eyes when I turned at her. I know we had bonded a lot in so little time. And I can't deny that I had gotten used to living in her comfort. 

I nodded and gave her a warm smile. But before she could smile back, we suddenly leaped in alarm, hearing the rapid noise outside. There were loud knocking and yelling outside, something we can't make up. Eomeoni stood up then I followed her to the gateway.

As we neared the gates, the noise became more and more audible. We realize there isn't only one person outside, but many.

"Neh? What do you want?" Eomeoni called out, leaning closer to the gates. The doors remained shut because she had a bad feeling of opening it.

We heard the crowd outside panic and they began asking questions.

"Is a 'Hannah Li' living here? We would like to conduct an interview with her." A woman's voice overshadowed the others.

Eomeoni turned at me and we were both having the same expression. I clearly heard my name and it just made cold sweat run all over my body. I'm sure I had millions of messages now, waiting to be read, and most would be bashing.
 

"How did they found out where I live? And...that you're living with me?" She whispered at me as we backed off and sat tensely on the bricked bench.

"Ah~ Eotteokhe? How can I get to the airport now?" I bit my lip as I became worried. Rumors spread really fast though. I wonder how many people were outside and how much time does it take for them to break the wooden gates.

The press continued in asking to open the gates. And some were endlessly banging the door. I noticed eomeoni pull her phone out then hurriedly held it on her ear after pressing a number. She waited for an answer from the other line she was calling.

"Taemin answer it now." She murmured.

I tensed a bit in hearing his name. I hadn't mentioned to her that I would like to keep my departure from Taemin. And realizing that she's actually calling him now, my fingers were crossed.

"Hey, son! We're in big trouble. The press located our house and they badly want Hannah!" 

She paused for awhile to hear her son's words. I wonder what he said. They spoke for awhile then eomeoni hang up after they agreed on something. 

"He said you two need to see his manager." She said.




 

[Taemin]
 

I ran down the building leaving my hyungs with my manager. We had a meeting and my manager wants to settle things with Hannah, to make her aware about the things that could happen.

I went to the underground parking space then jumped in my car. I'm heading to our house to get her, and hopefully the crowd there had gone off this time.

I drove fast. I don't know but I want to get there as soon as possible. 
 

***

The rain had poured hard and it caused traffic. It took me half an hour to reach our village. As I neared our house, I didn't see anyone outside, except for a black car that was parked near the gates. I thought it might be one of the press' service but I didn't back out. I parked my car just behind the other and I immediately went out and reached our shade, gaining a little drops of rain. I knocked on the gates impatiently. 

I pulled my phone. I decided to call Hannah. Just as I pressed the call button, the gate opened and Hannah came into view with an umbrella. She looks surprised to see me, so I just smiled and gently grabbed her hand. She moved stiffly as I pulled her out and closed the gates.

I made her get in the car first, then I hurriedly secured myself in the driver's seat. But when I placed my hand on the steering wheel, she held my wrist, making me turn to her. I noticed the worry in her face and somehow, it made me fear about something I knew was coming.

"Oppa...I can't go with you and see your manager." 

"Why? Don't worry he won't scold you. He just want to help-" I insisted.

"Yea but- I'll miss my flight oppa. I'll be going back to the Philippines now. My driver is waiting." She said and I turned at the car in front of us.

I was feeling something I hadn't felt before. I felt betrayal. It felt so unfair that from the moment I had accepted my feelings for her, the chance of being with her is taken away from me. What kind of is this? Is this kind of joke? Better remind me when to laugh.

I turned at her, forcing a smirk. I had been blinking more as I felt the world crash on my shoulders. 

"Oh, so you're leaving? I guess you're too weak huh?" I laughed but my voice cracked. "You're such a coward. You think running away would solve everything?"

I was beginning to rage and I don't really have the right to be. 

"So, goodbye then. I guess we'll just have to forget each other." I coolly said, holding my emotions in. I smiled as she turned at me with her eyes swelling. I can see she's holding back her tears as well. 

Then she just smiled weakly and opened her door. The rain was still pouring so she hurriedly went out without saying a word. I watch her disappear into the car ahead, then it became farther as my senses drifted away.




 

[Hannah]

My tears started falling when I got in the car. He was right. I'm such a coward. All I know was running away. I quietly cried in the backseat and Mr. Goon remained silent. He knew he didn't have to ask me why right now.
 

***

My thoughts were cut off when I realized that we had arrived at the Incheon airport. The trip was long, but now I wish it was a lot longer. It was obvious I was forcing myself to move. But I realized I have been walking in slo-mo and Mr. goon was trailing cautiously behind me, pushing a cart with my luggages in it.

I came into my senses and apologized to him. I fastened my pace as we walked through the airport. It seems like it's been just yesterday when I first stepped here excitedly, and now, I was feeling the opposite.

We arrived at the departure lounge and Mr. Goon left me when I settled on the waiting area. He then bid his own goodbyes, before he disappeared. I glanced at my watch- 20 minutes more and I'm ready to board. 

An idea popped in my mind. I was thinking of hearing his voice for the last time. I was thinking of calling him one more time, and say my farewell to him.

I didn't find any harm in it so I decided to do so. I pulled my phone out and dialed his number. I was still hesitating but I managed to put myself together as it began ringing.

"Ne, Hannah?" His voice finally rang through my ears, but I didn't expect it to be this dull. It was like he was busy doing something on the other line, and I'm disturbing him.

"Uhm, oppa, I-I just want to say goodbye now. And...uh, thanks for everything." I stuttered as I waited for him to say something but he didn't budged. I was beginning to regret calling him, because it seems like he doesn't care at all. 

"Ne, yeoboseyo? Hannah, still there?" I felt disappointed, knowing that he isn't paying attention. He must be busy rehearsing.

"Hannah-ssi, where are you?" I was surprised at what he asked me. I mean, he knew I was ready to board. 

"I'm still in the waiting area oppa. Goodbye now." I waited for his reply but it seems like he didn't heard it again. I just sighed heavily and hung up.

It's better like this. It looks like I'm the only one who's too much affected with this separation. I was relieved though, that he can forget about me this fast. Or he didn't really cared in the very first place.

 

I was staring at the airport grounds while waiting, when I noticed a figure approaching from the corner of my eye. I didn't bother turning to see who it was, thinking that it was just another passenger. But the figure came closer and before I knew it, a hand gripped my wrist. This made me plunge up and turn to the slim man, almost fully wrapped up with his clothes, and the mask on his face prevented me to see his noticeably faultless face.

But it was not long when I recognize the pair of eyes that was staring into mine. And before I could say a thing, he dragged me, leaving my things behind. I flinched on his tight grip. My eyebrows furrowed as I got annoyed on how he towed me out of the people and pulled me in with him in a dark corner, where no one would mind checking. I found myself pinned to the wall. We were both panting because we were close to sprinting out there.

He then removed his mask and threw his hood back, giving me the rush of emotions when his eyes went down on mine. The sweat all over his face proved that what he's been busy doing awhile ago, was his efforts in finding me. I can't believe he followed me. Why did he?

"Taemin?! M-My things!" I tried to pull death glares at him, but I think I failed when his face leaned closer, causing me to draw my head back and close my eyes in return.

"Please don't do that ever again. I'm begging you please don't leave me." I opened my eyes in surprise, only to catch his passionate look that was deeply striking into me.

"T-Taemin..." My voice was calmer now. I was caught up with his words. It made me think twice of the decision I made.

"Taemin, nothing will change if I won't leave now, sooner or later, I still have to go back." 

It's true. Even though I badly want to stay, I still have to leave this place someday. And eventually, we'll still have to say goodbye to each other. The only difference is that, it would be a lot difficult to leave when I choose to stay longer.

"Oppa, if you don't have anything else to say, I'll be going now. I'll be late for my flight." I was a little annoyed when he just remained quiet, wasting time.

I managed to break through his arms that was blocking my sides. But I didn't get a second step away when he grabbed my waist and pressed me back to the wall again. And on this moment, he was crashing his lips on mine.

I was caught in complete shock. But this time, I felt the will to break through the kiss. So I pushed him hard that made him free my waist and my abused lips.

"Why do you keep on kissing me?! , I'm not a toy Taemin!" 

I felt my blood boil. I didn't let my senses go with him anymore. It just felt so annoying, that after all this time, all those kisses we made, he still hadn't said something to explain himself. And I realized I just wanted to make sure, why he's all acting this way.

 

"I-I love you." I heard the words that came from his mouth. The words that answered all my doubts, my questions.

"I love you Hannah-ssi. That's why. That's the reason. I love you, so please give me a chance. Please don't go yet." He blinked repeatedly through his confession. I knew he wasn't ready to confess yet and hearing his words, it made my eyes swell and tears began to form.







 

[Taemin]
 

I finally said it. And hopefully, it would make her stay. I waited for her to speak. I could see tears rolling down her cheeks by the dim light in this airport compartment. Of all places, unintentionally, I confessed my love for her. And I can't help to get worried if she'll turn around and walk away from me anytime now.

But, just as the tension grew between us, I notice her made a step closer. Then suddenly, she wrapped her arms around my neck, causing me to lean on her shoulder. I heard her chuckles and soft sobbing. It made me calm a bit, feeling that she was now accepting what I had just revealed to her.

"Yah! Do I have to say it too if it's too obvious for my part?" She pulled out from the hug but only to look at my bright face. I smiled ear to ear as I pecked a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"Ofcourse, cause I badly want to call you something. Only if you confess too." I wriggled my eyebrows as I . I found her waist again, and her hands were at the back of my neck. She smiled shyly then took a deep breath.

"I love you Lee Taemin. I still do love you, very very much, you pabo!" She almost shouted then our laughter echoed through the walls. 

"I love you too, JAGIYA." I kissed her forehead and I felt her smile beneath me. I was so happy. So happy that I could call her that now. 

And then, to seal everything clean and tight, I kissed her lips once more.