Am I Dreaming?

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

'Eomeoni' a formal way of saying mother rather than 'umma'. I recalled.

I looked up to her with slightly lifting eyebrows.

"I'll be your second mother here, so treat me as one, okay?"

I stepped inside, dragging my things while smiling with eomeoni's warm offer as she locked the doors behind me.

My eyes wandered through a dazzling looking Hanok. It stood in the wide lot that was fenced with high stone walls. On the center, its circular beautifully bricked pond could tempt any visitor to look in it. Just beneath the pond was a trail of stone steps that leads to an L-shape main house made of fine wood and smooth-looking stones. 

And across it was another structure, smaller than the main, that goes straight to the end. A silver sparkling car was parked after a big oak tree that has a rope ladder, leading to a pretty house between the tree's huge branches. 

The whole place gives a fresh ambiance with the swaying greens all over and the traditional house. I can't take my eyes off it.

'Ahh! I feel like I'm shooting a real drama' I thought as I felt eomeoni's hands on my shoulders, leading me to the front porch.

We took off our footwear leaving only our socks after our skin. My eyes glanced at the floor expecting to find another pair of shoes or a pile of them, but it comes bare except for one corner that ours occupied.

"Eomeoni, do you live alone now?"

"Ah, neh, sort of. My sons just visit me here some time."

Wait, what? I only remember a Lee Kwang Soon having beautiful daughters---not sons. What happened?

Eomeoni led me through the door, and I can't help but notice a very clean place. It's so neat that it's like sparkling through my eyes. We passed through a living room, into a piano room and then to a row of four doors that lay on one side.

"This will be your room my dear Hannah." She said while opening the door to the last room. The brightness outside broke in through the open windows which made the floor shimmer.
 

"kamsahamnida!" I bowed then looked at her glad pretty face.

"Unpack your things. I'll be waiting for you in the living room. I have so many things to ask my Ttal (daughter)."

I nodded then she left me. Her footsteps on the wooden floor began fading. I sat on the soft and bouncy bed that was covered with silky sheets. On its end was a stiff pillow, with a pile of blankets on top.

Across the bed, a wide cabinet and a desk stood with matching shade of brown. I placed my bags on the side of my bed---I'll unpack later. I still have to figure things about eomeoni's supposed to be daughters.

I hopped up then made my way out. As I took a few steps through the piano room, my eyes caught the hanging photos on the wall. On the opposite side, there were frames that stood on a long shelf.

I walk towards the shelf then began to squint my eyes as I drew closer to the photographs. My eyes trailed on the row of photos until it paused on a family photo that was nearly black and white.

Ne, that's eomeoni, as beautiful as ever. And this man is probably her husband. There's no doubt how this good-looking man fell for her---her beauty is one of a kind. And then I noticed two boys around their arms---and maybe these are their sons.
 

Wait.

 

WT~?!
 

My eyes began to widen that I think they can fall off anytime. Both of my hands covered my open mouth, before I could curse. My heart began to beat rapidly as I held my breath, and felt the time freeze right before my eyes that were almost forming tears.

I can't be mistaken. This little boy right here---he reminds me of the guy in the photos that I can't help collecting. That I can't help staring at. And my jaw would start to ache from the wide smile that seems impossible to fight. Yes, he's Shinee's Lee Taemin, on his side, his brother Taesun, 2 years older than him.

I almost fainted as I felt eomeoni's warm hand on my right shoulder. I realized that I wasn't warm like her. My blood had probably froze leaving my skin pale and cold. I turned at her while forcing a smile, hoping to cover up the shock forming at my face.

"Wae?" She asked. "Ah, ne, these are my sons."

She said, pointing at the old photo that I set eyes awhile ago.

"This---Taesun, my older son. He's studying in the US now and just visits here during summer. And this---Taemin, he's 21, but probably 20 in your country. He's now a member of a kpop group here, but he still visits me more often. He can walk from their group's dorm to here. We're not really that far, but his schedule is interfering."

We both stared at the photo. I hear eomeoni's soothing voice that told me every reason to freak out--NOW. I nodded as she continued speaking. I didn't dared to let a single word escape my mouth. I don't trust my voice in times like this. I don't want her to know how I am fangirling over her perfect son.

"Come, I've prepared something for the both of us." She said.

I followed her to the living room, while almost walking tipsy. She made me sit on the brown leathered couch, semi-surrounding the wooden circular table with a tray of tea and panwiches on top. Eomeoni sat on the couch next to me then began to pour tea in two tiny ceramic cups with fine carvings. She then landed one on my place and the other on her.

"You know, your grandparents had greatly helped us in the past. That's why I'm very grateful to your family." She started, before taking a sip of tea. "They adopted me and my sister when our parents got bankrupted and didn't have the money to raise us."

"We actually lived with your aunts and uncles when we're still kids, and your mom, Hanye, became my closest step-sister. Oh~ how was she?" she turned at me, waiting for a response.

"Mom's doing great. I'm sure she misses you a lot eomeoni. She even wanted to see you."

I felt the victory of distracting myself with the history of our past, and I began focusing more on our conversation.

So, eomeoni told me how my grandparents became the key to her success. She said they had taught her in business and it miraculously bloomed in affluence.

She's also blessed with her diligent and talented sons and her valiant husband that works with the navy. There's no doubt how she has a lot to own from all their hard work.

Later on, eomeoni toured me around the house. The kitchen comes across the piano room followed by the dining room. Beside it was a small hallway to the laundry room that leads to an open area like a backyard, covered with smooth fescue grass.

The bedroom corridors continues to a hallway that guides to a recreational area that have a studio and a game room.

As we stepped out through the back door of the house, a big fluffy dog came to greet us. Its snow-like fur swayed with each gust of wind. It's a samoyed. I remember as I had owned the same breed before. It was my first heartbreak when she died though.

I shook the sudden sadness I felt as I leaned forward to touch its head, its dark eyes were on mine and its mouth was open, as if giving a huge smile.

"That's lettuce." Eomeoni said from behind.

My hand met his soft fur. His eyes nearly closing as I continued to pet him. Ah~I've missed my Ivy so much!

I then straightened my back and turned to eomeoni, as we continued to walk, this time, there's three of us.

We entered the long narrow structure across the main house and I found out that it's actually comfort rooms. It has a hot jacuzzi between the men & women's CR, tempting me to jump in already.
 

"Whoa, chincha?" I gasped with excitement when eomeoni said that I could try the jacuzzi anytime.

'Ne, tonight would be perfect!' I thought as I ran my fingertips on the surface of the lukewarm bubbling waters. 
 

"Umma, Where are you?"

I looked up at eomeoni's surprised expression. Me, I was absolutely having that horrifying look on my face, like I just saw a ghost. That voice---it's so familiar that everytime I hear it, it would trigger something inside me. 

It reminds me of the sound that never fails in making my heart flutter. The sound that I hear all the time, through the buds of my earphones. Even in my head, it would continue on playing. I had probably mastered his sweet and manly voice but I hadn't expected it to be this beautiful---hearing it from him just a short distance from me.

Eomeoni excuses herself then ran outside, leaving me beside the tub, standing stiff and barely breathing. I began combing my hair with my cold fingers---will I be able to meet him now? Maybe not. But what if I will? My subconscious mind kept battling with me as a river of thoughts flooded my head, causing me to pace back and forth.

I had already told myself to relax but breaking off would be just seconds. I'm probably not prepared for this whole thing---but when will I? Can I do it?---looking at each other's eyes when we talk and just inches away. How can I not turn red or get emotional? 

I don't want him to see me as another fan of his. I want him to see me as another girl he could possibly like---if that's even possible.

I stared at Lettuce, who was lying on the floor. His mouth was gasping for air and his pink tongue sticking out. He stayed with me, looking confused of my weird actions. I felt my eyebrows near to clash as my worried eyes didn't left my now contorted face. 

"Eottokhe?" I sat on my heels as I reached out to pat his head, feeling his cotton-like fur. 

"Ah! Ttal, Hannah!" I almost lost my balance by the sudden call from outside. I stood up and walked to the door as Lettuce followed me.

My mouth was dry but I was able to take a last big gulp before I pulled the door open and peeked outside.

"Neh? Eomeoni?" My voice was hoarse as I called out to her. She was already walking towards me.

"Come, I have someone for you to meet. My son, he's here." She smiled as her hand motioned for me to come.

I felt Lettuce's body brush against my leg as he jumped out. I had no choice but to follow after. Eomeoni became closer as I moved towards her, while casually brushing my palms against each. This was a habit whenever I get nervous.

Soon, I felt her right arm around my back, and her other hand coiled on my elbow. She guided me to the front porch. The door was wide open, revealing the couch that faced us. And sitting by the end of it, was him. Yes it's him---I can't believe it's him.

His brown hair hung smoothly on his head, covering the upper part of his face. He was sitting with his elbows propped on top of his knees. And his hands were holding a magazine, which he would turn gradually. 

It was nearly impossible for me to stand straight with my weakening knees, when he turned at us, noticing our presence.

That was it. I felt my world shifting into another world, where there was only me and him. I began to notice his dark eyes, gazing at me with that touch of surprise. His full lips, yes, those oh so inviting pair of lips that was barely chapped, were nicely parted. And it could've been slightly pouting. 

I watched him as he shook his head, causing the hair all over his forehead fully cover his shaped eyebrows. And then, for the ultimate part, he flashes me a bright smile that reached his tiny eyes, which also lifted his cheekbones. 

His smile. It would absolutely make every girl melt---yeah, literally melt. It was somehow hypnotizing. But before I could drool over his sweet image, my eyes caught another alluring part of him. His collarbones. They were visible beneath the v-neck sweater he was wearing. 

My mind was probably having a hard time functioning, when I couldn't even remember why am I in this place with him, why am I seeing him walking closer and closer towards me.