Love Trip

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

[Hannah]


 

We walked out of the dim nook, standing real close to each other. His arm was firm around my shoulders. While I placed mine around his back, so the sides of our bodies were linking. I didn't knew how great it is to be secured in his arms. I felt like I was home and safe by the warmth he was sharing with me. He was turning at me from time to time. And I caught his stare when I shyly turned at him, still noticing his smile behind the mask that he wore.

I was sure my plane had left me, but I already turned my back from it, right after he whispered those three words.

We didn't mind walking leisurely while we're smiling ear to ear. And when I remembered my luggages, that was the time when I became aware of my troubles.

I gasped as I stopped on our tracks. I looked at him and we shared the same uneasiness in our eyes.

We began half-ran, half-walked, as we neared the waiting area. The place was bare, except for the spot where I left my things. I'm relieved it was still there, but I knew I was in trouble when I noticed a bomb squad team, surrounding it by the distance, and a K-9 was sniffing through it.



 

***

After we had retrieved my luggages, Taemin offered to drive me back to his mother's house. The trip was long but he never dared to let go of my hand, except for the times that he had to change gears. He would immediately return to hold my hand tight, and this made a smile creep on my face. I never thought he would be this clingy.

He must've noticed the smile I'm pulling when I heard him gasp. And when I turned at him, he's already grinning.

"Don't blame me. You're the one who turned me into this." He murmured.

"I'm not objecting, you know. It's just that...I can't believe I have a boyfriend already, and..."

I've been trying to focus on the streets but I realized I can't think of anything but the way he was holding my hand. He held it in a romantic way, that our fingers were intertwined and locked in each other. It's amazing how they fit perfectly.

"Don't worry I'll be gentle. It's not like I had an experience. You're my first girlfriend too."

I turned at him with my suspicious eyes. I want to believe him but his fame told me otherwise.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded chastely. But I continued to stare at him, studying his bewitching features.

"Okay, fine...but you're the first girlfriend who I really love alot." He smiled warmly at me that made me count on his words.

I felt an urge to scrutinize and know who's the girl, or who were the girls that had lived in his past, but I learned to let it go. I don't want to care about it. I just want to live life where there's only me and him, together.



 

***

"Bye Jagiya. Dream about me, okay?" His sweet voice gushed through my ear as he planted a kiss on my cheek.

He then let go of my hand, causing me to feel a sudden emptiness. I didn't know I wanted to hold hands with him severely. And now we're forced to part. I wonder when will I see him again.

I went out of his car with my luggages. I nodded before I blew him a flying kiss, then he drove off, hurrying to go after his schedule.

I turned around and knocked on the gates. It wasn't long when eomeoni's startled face peeked through it. She then let out a mewl as she recognized me and let me in swiftly.

"What happened, did you miss your flight?"

She asked me with a caring tone. But I just smiled like I had drank enough soju. And my eyes were gradually fluttering in marvel. She gave me a prying look and a huge smile crept on her face. And that pushed me in depicting everything that made me this high.

 

We were settled on the couch, munching evening snacks, as I told her everything. It was like I was just chatting with a close friend. We were both laughing our heads out but eomeoni has the loudest giggles.

"Omona! I should call you Myeoneuri! (Daughter-in-law)."

"And oh, I should buy baby clothes too."

She clapped cheerfully at her ideas that made me blush. What the? She's thinking of our marriage and her grandchildren already? I winced at the thought of it that lured in my mind.

"Eomeoni, you'll get old fast if you keep on saying that." I fought her dreadful escalation.

"Aissh, I don't care, as long as I can carry my grandchildren soon." She stated as her eyebrows wriggled, causing me to cover my face in embarrassment.



 

***

I squinted as the sun's rays broke through the windows, stinging my eyes. Another day has come again, and I can't help checking if what I believed isn't all a dream. And no, it's not.

My failed homecoming sent panic to my family. They were expecting me last night but it was late when I finally noticed their calls and answered it.

"I've simply figured out some reasons to stay longer." Was all I could tell them about why exactly I abandoned my flight.

I expressed my remorse too in keeping them waiting. At first they conveyed endless remarks, but in the end, they gave it all up to me. And this bothered me in a good way. Mom wouldn't usually let my troubles go, but now, she had encouraged me to decide what I want. Whoa, they really had contemplated a lot.

I bounced out of the bed and checked my phone. Assuming to get a message from Taemin, I didn't get disappointed.

"Did my Jagi slept well?" A grin invade my face as I read his text message.

"I had nightmares oppa." I lied.

It wasn't long when his caller tone rang and I picked it up, a little nervous.

"Ne? Goodmoring oppa!" I greeted him.

"Yah, are you saying you had nightmares because of me?" He asked, trying to sound upset. But I know he just wants me to win over.

"Uhuh, and eomeoni could contribute to this."

"What?! You told her- what? No...I'm doomed." He was sulking on the other line and I whispered a giggle. I'm sure he was worrying about the teasing. The ghastly teasing.

"Jagi.." He refrained from whining and my laughs died down too.

"Hmm?"

"Could you meet me at the SM building this afternoon? Puh-wease?" He managed to make me purr in his cute plea.

"W-Wae? I don't even know how to get there." I was a little nervous of his idea. I know he was up to something.

"Just ride a cab okay? 4pm sharp. Bye now. I love you Jagi!" He said cheerfully. I was about to halt and ask him more, but he already hang up, giving me no choice but agree. 



 

***

It was quarter to 4pm when I finally reached the place he told me. It was my first time to look closely at the building of his company. And it just made me more nervous as I got out of the cab. I held my bag and the topperware of food that I've prepared myself, just for him.

I was in my normal jeans, a long-sleeved pretty top, and a pair of ankle boots. I'm impressed I didn't get late because of my 'what to wear' problems.

I made my way through the entrance with my legs trembling. The place was quiet, but I could see a few people inside, but I can barely recognize them.

"Excuse me, name please?" The guard halted me.

"Uhm, I-I'm...Hannah Li, I'm meeting--" I stuttered as the guard skimmed through his book of records. He then turned back at me with a smile.

"Good afternoon Ms. Hannah, you can wait in the lobby over there." He said politely while pointing the way.

I bowed in return and proceeded to the lobby. As soon as I found myself a seat at the corner, I texted Taemin that I've arrived already.

I waited but didn't get a reply. Until, the huge hall was invaded with voices. And soon, some stars were passing one by one. I recognized some of the EXO members. They were able to see me, but they clearly don't know me so they didn't bother looking more than enough.

But, I saw one of them stare. It was Kai. I noticed him smile when our eyes met. And I turned from side to side to make sure he's really beaming it to me. The others followed Kai's gaze then in a matter of seconds, they were all looking at me.

They were murmuring but I didn't get the chance to hear it because I'm at the other end of the hall. Their faces looked surprised then they began to wave at me while slowly disappearing one by one to the exit. I was absolutely smiling and bowing before they left, even I was bursting in confusion. I know SHINee and EXO were best of friends, but did Taemin broadcast our relationship to them? Why did they acted like that then?

My mind was cut off at the moment, when a group of girls went out next. They were hovering and laughing at each other while walking at a fast pace. The F(x).

I saw suju's Donghae and Kyuhyun too. I was probably drooling over the stars I saw today. They're so much dazzling in person.
 

But then, the next to come out made me jump off my seat as I hope he'll noticed me. It was Jonghyun, and his eyes were stuck on his phone as usual. But fortunately, he looked up and came to look at my direction. His face then lit up and he approached me, bouncing.

"Annyeong, Jonghyun oppa!" I bowed shyly like it was the first time we met.

"Annyeong pretty lady! How are you doing? I suppose you're having a date with Taemin?" He said.

"I don't really have any clue." I laugh and he joined me.

"Well, he'll be right down soon. And I guess I have to go. Anyway, good luck on your honeymoon!" He ran off after he flashed a wide grin. I wonder what's going on in people's mind lately. I sighed as Jonghyun finally disappeared. I was blushing madly and I don't think I have to!

Time flew slowly as I waited for Taemin. I was getting bored and the food I have for him has cooled down. I was about to grab my phone and call him when I heard loud footsteps. I waited for someone to appear in the hall, and I was relieved when I finally saw him.

He was probably running. And when he found me, he walked towards me, with a grin plastering in his face. He was catching his breath and his hair was bouncing as he moved closer. I was now smiling ear to ear, forgetting about the long wait I've done.

"Jagi!" He crashed his body to mine, and I would have fell off if not for his arms that automatically wrapped me tightly

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting." He whispered through my ear that made me favor him.

"It's okay. You're here already." I reassured him and he pulled out and smiled at me. This gave me the chance to hand him the food that I prepared for him.

"Oppa, this is for you. I made it myself." I lend it over to him timidly.

His apparently weary eyes brightened and he took it quickly from my hand. He settled on the seat next to me and began opening the lid of the box. It revealed kimbap rolls that has different designs on top of it. He smiled as he adored my artistic side. He then looked back at me, with those eyes that told me he was deeply moved.

"Thanks Jagi!" He was delighted like a child receiving a gift.

I giggled at him and he reached for my hand. I was surprised when he suddenly tugged it, causing me to sit on his lap. I panicked and attempted to stand back, but he restrained me and flashed his killer smile.

"Oppa, someone might see." I complained while my eyes inspect the hall. But the truth is, I was just tensed on how close he is. His sweet acts are making me go crazy over him even more.

"They're free to watch, but they can't break us." He said and I gave in to his securing words.

We began eating together and he was the one feeding me. I didn't had the chance to refrain from blushing when he whispered something in my ear.

"I love you." He said it sincerely that made me shiver.

I involuntarily slap his shoulder lightly, as I laughed the butterflies out. I stared at his waiting eyes, as if I didn't thought of a reply.
 

"I love you too, baby boy!" I cooed, but I was pinching his soft cheeks that made him wince by the slight pain.

We finished our little snack and I thought it's time for us to part again. But he jumped up after taking a glance on his watch.

"Wae?" I asked as his face looked uneasy.

"Let's hurry, we're a little late now." He held my hand and he lead me to the parking lot.

We ran to a black van. He opened the back seat and let me in first, then he followed after. The driver turned at us and we exchanged greetings. After Taemin had shut the door closed, the car drove off immediately.

"Oppa, where are we going?" I asked him.

He snapped out of his thoughts and moved closer to me. His arm s around my shoulders as he snuggled closer. His embrace was dense, just enough for my body to feel his comforting warmth.


 

"To Jeju Island." He plainly said.