Stay

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

[Taemin]

It felt like I had awaken from a dream. A remarkable one.

And like every dream, it would have to end and I have to face the reality afterwards.

I had not thought of something like this. Something that could happen to me when she'll be gone. I was flustered. I didn't know I had these feelings for her and it didn't left me, it just worsened.

For the first time in my life, I was afraid of being left. Being left by someone who had made me realize how I could be so much happy by just being myself. And now I know why I wanna be with this girl right beside me. Now I know how much she means to me, that I can't imagine myself if she'll go back to her place and leave me.

"When will you leave?" My voice trembled a little.

"I'll leave soon enough oppa. Don't worry, I'll leave soon."

I turned at her. That's not what I meant.

"What I said to you." I swallowed hard. "Please forget about it. You can stay as long as you want."

"I won't let that happen." She said while looking down. I can see her eyes swell. 

"Why?"

"Cause the longer I stay, the harder it is for me to leave."

"Then--" My phone rang and interrupted what I was about to say. I sighed then pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"Ne, yeoboseyo?" I answered.

It was my manager, reminding me that I'm going to be late for the rehearsals if I don't get back right now. I assured him that I'll be there in no time. And then the line went off and I faced Hannah once again. She was still looking down.

"I-I need to go. I'm sorry." I stuttered seeing her face so gloomy.

"Hey, beat me up in our next game." I said cheerfully as I stood up, trying to brighten up the mood.

She nodded then forced a smile.

I was about to walk out of the room when I remembered something. I hurriedly fish in my pocket and pulled a thick paper that I had prepared back in my dorm. I smiled as I gathered all my courage to hand it to her. I may seem cool with her but she can make those butterflies fly in my stomach.

She looked at me with those curious eyes.

And before she could look at it, I waved goodbye and left the room.

My feet were like dragging tons of weight as I walked to my car. I want to stay with her more. With every step away I make, the will to run back to her keeps on growing. 

But I have no choice, so I drove off while I felt my chest contracting. 




 

[Hannah]
 

I watched him leave the room. I hurriedly looked at the thing that he gave me, when he disappeared.

It was a photo paper with his selca in it. I stared at his flawless face as I weakly smiled. His lips were slightly curved and those cute eyes were like staring back at me. Like, he was just there and looking through me. I fluttered feeling myself spazzing over his photo. He was so handsome in it.

But, what's this for? A souvenir? Well I have lots photos of him, if he knew.

I examined it until I flipped it over and found writings at the back of it. My eyes widen as I realize what it is.

There

printed by his own hand writing was-


 

his phone number!
 

Then below it, was a message that made my face heat up and hold back the huge smile that was building up.
 

"So...call me, maybe? :) "
 

***



 

[Taemin]
 

"Hand it over now." I looked up to find manager hyung, wriggling his palm in front my face again. He was referring to my phone which was making me skip warming up my vocals.

"Aah!~ Eah!~ Iah!~ Oah!~ Uah!~" I attempted a series of different pitch, trying hard to sound convincing to my hyung. I turned at him and I was about to burst out laughing on the look on his face.

He was pulling that serious face of his that was way too funny and was hard to believe that he was indeed serious.

"Yah! Why are you so busy texting huh? You'll be on stage in 10 minutes and your 's still stuck on that damn chair!" He yelled but I just smiled at him. I know he's serious but I know it won't take long for his seriousness to fade.

"Okay, 5 minutes and drag your to the backstage!" He moved away and I keenly turned back to my phone.

It's her big day today and I am dying to ask her to go out when work would lend me my time. But, the problem is, she hadn't contacted me yet and I was getting annoyed by it. How can she ignore my number for more than 24 hours?! I should regret giving her my precious number if she's only gonna neglect it in the first place.

Then my phone rang, revealing a text message. I hurriedly opened it. I was tensed. I know I have to be in the backstage now, but my heart began to race, hoping that she finally texted me. And I have to reply to it before my solo performance.

I sighed when umma's name came out. But I felt excited again when I realized she had already sent me her number. I had asked for it about an hour ago, and now my problems were solved.

I was about to call her when the stage organizer appeared in my dressing room, sweat were rolling down her forehead. And I know 5 minutes was over. Or the other 5 minutes was already consumed.
 

***
 

The groups in the backstage high five me as I went in after a deafening applause. I hurried back to my dressing room with my feet bouncing. My performance turned out well and I was excited to fly out already. I checked my watch- 5pm -perfect.

I grabbed my phone from the desk and rapidly dialed Hannah's number.

I swallowed hard as it began to ring. After a few rings, I was thinking of backing out. I think I look like a desperate boy trying his best. And this was really a first time so I was more surprised on what I've been doing lately.

"Ne, yeoboseyo? Oppa?" I flinched as her voice pierced in the line.

Aishh! This girl. She just saved my number and never touched it.

"Uh, ne. Where are you?" My voice trembled as I almost forgot what I was practicing to say to her.

"I'm at home oppa. Eomeoni and I just went--"

"Okay, I'll pick you up in 15 minutes." I barged in. I still have to prepare myself so I don't have much time to talk on the phone.

"O-okay. But, where are--" She stuttered as her voice turned unsure.

"Just wait for me okay? Bye." I hung up, smiling.

I ran to the door but manager hyung appeared in front of me, blocking my way.



 

[Hannah]
 

Breathe in....

Breathe out....

I ran to my room. I passed by eomeoni with her startled gaze on me. I'm bouncing happily and smiling ear to ear.

"Wae? Wae?" I heard her as I went in my room without closing the door.

I rummaged my clothes to find something pretty for this suspicious 'getting out thing' with Taemin. My heart was pounding real hard as I fixed myself on the mirror.

"Uhuh, I think I know what it is." Eomeoni appeared by the door while smiling sweetly at me.

I blushed and turned down smiling.

"Eomeoni, I'm nervous." I sighed as I turned at her worriedly.

"Don't be! You look perfect!" She complimented but I wasn't able to blush more as we heard knocking by the gates. It was sure being knocked hard because we were able to hear it even we're inside. Whoa, he drove fast. Or did he fly?

I hurriedly looked one last time in the mirror then eomeoni lead me outside. But she stopped before the gates and gave me a good luck then smiled as she went back inside, leaving me by the gates as I took one last heavy breath.

I turned the lock then pulled one door. I peeked out as I slowly opened it wider. I was surprised that Taemin wasn't in front. I finally went out, pulling the gates close behind me.

I turned my head on one side and I almost jumped because of a presence that I hadn't noticed awhile ago. I was surprised to see her. I could see the sadness glistening in her eyes as she stared at me. Her eyebrows were complementing with her eyes and her lips were nearly pouting. But though these, she forced a bright smile that made me copy, but I was unsure.
 

Son Naeun.

Her name clouded my thoughts.

"Uh, Naeun unnie! It's nice to meet you again!" I lively bowed at her and she smiled.

"Taemin isn't home but--"

"He's not what I came here for." She said plainly without leaving my eyes with her stare.

I shivered from it.

"Can we talk Hannah-ssi?"

"S-Sure." 

 

We walked down the sloped streets leaving her car in front of the gates. The sound of our heels were trailing behind us as we walked in the quiet village. I waited for her to speak but she didn't looked so approachable when I turned at her.

"Hannah-ssi." She stopped walking and I did too.

I turned at her again but she just stared down the streets. But before I could ask her, I went all shocked when she suddenly faced me and kneeled in front of me with her head down.

I was confused by her actions that I tried to pull her up but she just gripped on my hands, making it stay in place by my sides.

"P-Please. Please." Her voice trembled and she began to sob, muffling her words.

"Leave him. Please-go-away." She turned up to me and I saw her eyes swell as tears flowed rapidly down her cheeks.

I was in complete confusion, but somehow, I thought she was talking about Taemin. But why? Why does she badly want me to leave him?

I felt my eyes began to burn as well but I didn't know exactly why. It was Son Naeun that begged me to leave him this time. She took all her courage and accepted the shame she would gain because of kneeling in front of me. I think she just loves him so much, turning her back to the image she had worked all her life. 

But...

I-I can't. I couldn't say anything to assure her.
 

"Unnie... I'm sorry." I finally said after a long pause.

I was so stupid for saying that. I didn't know she would cry harder in front of me.

Then, surprisingly, her sobs became calmer as she pulled herself up and glared into my eyes like she's trying to kill me with it.

"Who are you?!" Her eyes turned to rage, as she pointed a finger at me. I leaned back as I became more confused this time.

"Tell me! Does he deserve a girl like you? It's clear Hannah. It's crystal clear that you don't belong with him because you'll only ruin his career that he had struggled for all his life. And now, who are you to stay by his side when all you do is drag him down with you in the trash?"

"What are you talking about?" I felt my tears fall down as I held the anger building up inside.

"Oh, you wanna know? He quit on our show. And now they have to suddenly end our part." She began crying again but her glares were freaking the hell out of me.

"It's not my fault. How do you know I'm the one to blame huh?"

"B-Because he said so! Ugh! I can't believe he chose a worthless ordinary girl over me!" She covered her face as her tears burst. She ran back on our track and I was left staring blankly in the air, like an arrow just passed through my susceptible body, slowly losing myself.

My tears were continuously streaming as the words she said never left my mind.




 

[Taemin]

I'm 30 minutes late. How could hyung trick me?

I cursed in my mind as I hit the accelerator. I e last time and our house was already straight ahead. I was zoning out when I noticed a figure, slowly walking on the sidewalk. I slowed down as my car went nearer. It was quite dark but I could see her pink dress, underneath her thick jacket. Her hair danced wildly in the breeze, almost covering her back. And I noticed her by the curls at the end of it. Hannah-ssi, why are you here?

I stopped my car by the distance and I tried not to make a sound. I slowly went out of the car without even minding to close it. I tiptoed behind her back and I drew closer and closer to her.

So, what's the plan?



 

[Hannah]

I'll be okay now. I thought as I decided to walk back to the house. I was able to cry enough to loosen myself and made up my mind.

I sighed. I knew I had probably missed my meet-up with Taemin. And he could have gone back to his work. I wonder if I'll ever see him again-

"A--awww!" I screamed when I was slightly pushed from behind. But before I could get angry, I was comforted by a body leaning on my back. And a pair of arms suddenly surround my trembling body. I was tightly held and I felt warm.

Then, those arms turned me, only to be face to face with someone that made me regret frowning.

"Hannah-ssi....Happy Birthday!" He threw his hands up and shook it like a little kid. His smile was the brightest even in this early evening.

Then my face began to brighten up as well. I was relieved that he hadn't noticed my puffy eyes.
 

"Yah! I told you to call me!" He glared at me as I laughed softly.

If he only knew I did that on purpose, thinking that he would be worried, and miss me. And...to annoy him too.

We strolled down the street and into his car. He opened the door for me and closed it before he took the driver's seat.

"You're late you know." I said as we drove off. I wasn't really expecting him to find me. I thought I was the one who wouldn't show up.

"Aisshh, you're complaining?" He exaggerated a sigh and shook his head. "Your lucky I'm good today, or else I wouldn't hear your birthday wish."

"Hey you're not my birthday wish!" I argued back but I can't deny the flush on my cheeks.

"Whatever. After all you said to me, you're thinking that I couldn't tell how much you fantasize about me?" He turned at me seductively and I faked a puked face. But deep inside, there's so much squealing.

"I don't!" I crossed my arms and held back a smile that was forcing to form.

"Really? Oh how I wonder what it is. It must have been censored." I turned at him and saw him smirk.

"Yah!" I stomped my feet, annoyed that I couldn't find a way to stop his teasing.

He chuckled. But then the car stopped and I noticed that we finally arrived in a place that looks like a dark park. Gosh, they should really put the lights on. Or there ain't any lights?

We both went out of the car. I didn't noticed Taemin was already beside me as I was scanning the place.

"Oppa, what is this?" I asked him without turning. I heard him made a small laugh then my hand was pulled by his, and he dragged me to an entrance.

"Let's go." He cheerfully said as he lunged his arm, motioning for me to lock my arms with his.

I hesitated but then gave in and gladly accepted his offer.

"Don't waste opportunities with me." He whispered in my ear before he smirked in front of my face.

I spank his arm for that, but only to have a reason to tighten my hold to it.

As we made our first step at the entrance, a bright light came beaming above us. I stopped to look up but Taemin pulled me farther. Then, another beam of light , and the last one was already off again. Every step we made, a different color of light guided our way. Then finally, I saw a table for two at the end of the path and it has a dim lighting in its spot.

After the table, was an open area where you can see the moon shining brightly. I was surprised and nervous at the same time. I wasn't thinking of something so romantic like this, and I felt uneasy especially it was Taemin, who was my date tonight.

"Let's sit." He pushed me gently to my chair and made me sit. I was caught up with the view and was really amazed by it. And I can tell that he sees it and was happy himself that I owe him big.

Soon enough, before we could talk, a solemn sound of violin started playing and the waitress began serving food. But after the distraction I turned back to the skies.

"I'm hungry, let's eat first. We'll get to that later." He said as I turned at him.

He was already munching some food. His face was bright. I was relieved he didn't look like he's up to teasing me again. His eyes were serious and it only gave me chills when he caught me staring at him.

I stifled my back and began chewing on my food too. We were so into eating that we didn't mind the slurping sounds. Then, I noticed something weird.

"Oppa, are we the only one's here?" I asked, looking around. I couldn't see beneath the place for our table was the only one lighted.

"Ne, I rented the whole place." He saw me smile, having that look on my face like I had proved something.

"Aniyo. It's for my sake, you know. I'm an idol remember?" He said as I swallowed back the taste of victory. Yea he always win. He grinned as he noticed me roll my eyes and pout.

Okay what am I thinking? He's right. I slapped myself mentally for assuming too much. This is just a favor Hannah. He doesn't love you! What are you thinking?! It's just some kind of a sweet taste because he pity on you so much.

You already set things clear. This night would be the last night that you'd let him make you feel, whatever it is you're feeling. This would be the last time you'd be this close to him.
 

***

He hurriedly stood up after wiping his mouth with the napkin and grabbed my hand. I was surprised but he made me stand up and he dragged me to the open space. He laid down the ground and he gestured for me to lay beside him.

Oh gosh, he looks so perfect.

I shook my head, playing hard to get but he reached for my ankle and I broke down screaming, because it tickles and it reminds me of some horror movies.

I found myself lying beside him as our laughter died down and we stared into the stars that seems to hypnotize us.

"Ah, how can I pay you for all of these?" I said as I heard him smile.

"Gurae, you should pay me! A minute with me would cost a lot." He said sarcastically.

"Aishh, you're always praising yourself. Stop it or else the stars would fall off and hit you."

I said but I was surprised that he remained silent for awhile.
 

"If I could see a falling star, I would wish on something." He murmured.

I turned at him and found him looking up. His eyes were glistening by the moonlight and his soft features just went with the words he just said. Soothing.

"Mwo?" I asked.

"I don't really know the exact words...but it has something to do with the word...'stay'." He said and I'm sure I heard him right.

I was thinking what else I could ask when his hand found mine. He held it, but I didn't dared to look at him. I didn't felt him turn at me either.

We just laid there with our hands linked in each other until he spoke one word that made me hold my breath.
 

"Stay." He said as I felt him turn at me.