Bodyguard

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

To stay like this forever, was all I could ever wish for at this moment. Not that I enjoy lying in bed fully . I was caught up with the stillness in the room, yet I am willing to stay awake just to witness this wonderful scene I'm in.
 

I was hearing his calm breathing as he sounded off to sleep. Then I carefully turned my body to face him. And he tightened his grip around my waist as he felt me move. I smiled at his serene face. Who could have thought that this maknae could fall deep in love with a girl like me? 
 

I realize he was still half , so I let him join me under my blanket, after I glanced at his body secretly. My eyes trailed down from his broad shoulders, to his toned abs. He's so beautiful. And I can't believe he's all mine now. 
 

I studied his face next. Admiring his soft features as I tossed his hair from his forehead. My fingers took more touch of his brown strands. It's amazing how I was able to fondle with it now.
 

Kriiiiiiing! Kriiiiiiing! 
 

The loud ringing startled me, and I saw Taemin's eyes flutter too. He rubbed his eyes as he hurriedly grasp his phone on the sidetable.

I saw him press the answer button and he held it on his ear.
 

"Neh?" His voice croaked and his eyes were still squinting. He noticed me looking at him, so he pulled me in his arm.

The person in the other line must've been explaining something long and serious, that Taemin listened to it with a glint of worry in his eyes.

"Hmm? Neh. Neh. Got it. I'll be right down." He replied tensely after a long pause, then he put the phone down.

"What's the matter oppa?" I asked. My voice trembled by the sad hint his look gave me.

"They're already here...to get me to HongKong." He stated, not meeting my gaze.

"Let's hurry pack up Jagi. My hyungs already left, and my manager didn't sound funny on the line." He jumped out of the bed and everything went dashing as we quickly prepared our things, so as ourselves.
 

We ran all the way to the elevator as soon as everything was ready.

"Jagi...listen..." He whispered in between deep breaths. I turned at him while catching my breath too. The 2nd and ground floor button was pressed and we started to descend.

"I'm not be able to take you home. I'll be taking my flight from here. But, I've hired someone to lead you back safely."

I gasped as his words went running. It sounded so clear but for some reason, I don't want to hear what he was saying. How I wished I didn't hear that. But it's too late when my tears started to blur my sight.
 

"Jagi...we have to part now. Wait on the 2nd floor for a minute before you go out, okay?" He hummed while pressing his lips on the side of my head. He noticed that I was just staring blankly at a vacant space and ignoring what he just said.

"Take care oppa. Please, take care of yourself." I finally broke out while hugging him as tight as I could.

He must've felt I was feeling down that he swayed our bodies while embracing me. We turned around the enclosure like we're having a romantic dance, relishing the stolen time till the very last second.

But like any princess story, I knew I have to part ways with my prince when the elevator beeped, and the doors began sliding apart.

"You have to wait here...I'll have to go out first." We let go of each other and I stepped out the elevator without saying a word. I was already trying hard to hold back my tears, and to speak a single word to him would mean a green light.
 

I was now on my back, waiting to hear the doors closed. So I could have my own time to breakdown. It wasn't long when the aluminum doors shook.

"Jagi!" I hear him shout then I felt my arm being tugged.

No time was wasted when I immediately felt his lips on mine, as he turned me to face him. One of his hand was restricting the doors in colliding, and the other cupped my face to kiss me in place.

We kissed each other like we haven't seen each other for such a long time. But the kiss didn't get long either. He broke it before flashing a bright smile, as he retreated back in the elevator. 
 

"Bye Jagi! Wait for me. I'll have something for you when I come back. And I have to take my bracelet too. Haha!" He waved his hand livelily, but I was sure I saw a tear escape from the corner of his eye, before the doors finally closed. 
 

I was left there with silence that made my ears hurt. I really don't have to cry. But I can't deny to myself that I hate seeing him go. I know we'll be seeing each other again. But what made me burst out crying was the thought of the time, that was passing like a swift. I only have 2 weeks to stay. I have to leave him soon. And now it feels like suicide to me.

After cooling up my swelling eyes, I decided to take the stairs to the ground floor. I was wearing the same pants and shoes when I get here. But the only change was it's Taemin's white muscle shirt I'm wearing as a top. 
 

My way downstairs was quiet until I reached the ground floor. I crossed my arms and held my head down as I walked to the hallway. I can hear people talking as I neared the lobby. And when I reached the hotel's waiting area, I notice a lot of people pacing back and forth. And the odd thing was, almost all of them have cameras in their hands.

I already knew why Taemin have to go out alone. Because these paparazzi were thirsting to capture some scandal. I turned away from them and headed to the exit, fastening my pace.

But as I was about to push the door open, I bumped into someone.
 

"Hey watch it!" A girl's voice protested. I bowed in pardon and took a glimpse of her, only to see her irritated face above me. I hurriedly looked back down as I waited for her to move away from blocking my way.

"Wait a minute..." I felt her eyes dart on mine. And I pulled my head even lower, trying to avoid the smell of suspicion, that was building in her.

"Guys! I think I found what were looking for!" She suddenly called the others, and this gave me a cue to shove her away from the door. I stormed outside. But though no one was blocking my way now, I was trapped there.

I stood outside the hotel helpless and vulnerable. Though my feet were bouncing in panic, I couldn't decide to move somewhere else. Because first, I might get lost if I run away. Second, everyone is eyeing me now, sprinting to get to me. And third, Taemin said someone would get me out of here.
 

But how will I find that person if I don't even have a clue of what he or she looks like? I scanned the parking space ahead. There were a few parked cars, but I can't see anyone waiting in the area. 
 

It didn't took long when I found myself being surrounded by a noisy crowd. 
 

"You're Hannah Li right? Why are you at the same hotel as Taemin?"
 

"Did you spend the night together?" 
 

"Are you his girlfriend?" 
 

"How did you two met?"

 

The reporters questioned me almost at the same time, while shoving their voice recorders near my face. The cameras were flashing one by one too, hurting my teary eyes. I winced while keeping my head down as I felt myself being squeezed in the raging crowd. 
 

"Can't you tell? She's a , that's why!" Someone screamed from a distance and soon, bad comments started to pop up.

I couldn't understand the reporter's questions anymore. I was focused on the loud rampage that was slowly tearing every part of me.

"Yah! Try to answer, you ! Are you that dumb?" A reporter burst out in anger.
 

The look on their faces was something that made me feel so much fear. Right at that moment, I feel afraid. I feel weak, that I didn't mind fighting for myself. I was crying again, when I found a slight calmness in me. And that was because I thought of Taemin.

I silently wished he'll come running to me, grab my hand and run away just like the first time. In silence, I called for him to save me. I shut my eyes but tears continued to flow, because I knew it couldn't happen.
 

"Hey what are you doing?!" I heard a girl's voice shrieked just in front of me, and the crowd began complaining on something. But my eyes remained close, until I felt a hand suddenly curling around my wrist, which joined the bracelet. 
 

I opened my eyes in surprise and flashed my sight to the man who was now tugging me out of the crowd. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at the familiar figure before me. I couldn't see his face because of the huge sunglasses and the mask he was wearing. And I noticed that he had put on a dark hoodie under a huge winter coat, covering his head double time.

I ran with him across the parking lot and the sound of the people were quieted down, making me refrain from crying.

My chest pounded. Not from running, but because I was with him again. As if he heard my call. I don't know if I would feel happy, or hate myself because I made him delay on his work again.

I wiped the fresh tears on my face when he turned to open the door to a black van. I quickly jumped in and I was greeted by the driver. I waited for Taemin to jump in the seat next to me. And when he did, after closing the door shut, I immediately flung my arms around him while I pressed my face on his chest.
 

"Oppa...I'm sorry you have to come back for me. H-How did you know?" I cooed.

But he didn't hug me back. I just felt him flinch that I pulled away to see what's wrong. 
 

"Really? Do we really look so much alike?" I was startled when his voice didn't even sounded his.

I gave him a curious look. Trying to solve what he was trying to act. But then, I hear him sigh in surrender and pull everything off of his face. 



 

OH MY GOSSHHHH !!!
 

My mouth gaped wide open. I couldn't believe how stupid I am to think it was Taemin. Where in fact, I'm with a complete stranger. But to him, I knew this man is more of a brother, that has gained his trust.
 

"Annyeong Hannah-ssi! Kai imnida! I'm your bodyguard for today! Fighting!" He greeted and I shook hands with him in disbelief.

My bodyguard? I laughed at it. I think he's the one who would really need one. Perhaps, I couldn't do anything if girls would attack him anytime, anywhere.

"Ohhh...you look prettier up close. Taemin really made a great choice." He grinned as he threw a thumb in the air. I slightly blushed as I looked at him in awe, while thinking of words to say.

"Omo! So, you're the one Taemin's talking about, to me home?" I pointed out, still amazed that I was actually talking to EXO's Kai right now.

He just nodded and smiled. And I was able to turn out the window while cautiously nodding my head. Finally putting the pieces together. I didn't even realize we had drove off the hotel's grounds.

"I'm so sorry I was a bit late. If I came earlier, you wouldn't get into trouble. Ugh he'll get disappointed when he would know about that." His face was full of concern.
 

"It's not your fault Kai-ssi. And...please don't tell him about what happened." I looked at him with begging eyes and he still nodded even though I saw him doubt.
 

"You're the first though...I never saw him this love sick since we met." I turned at him, surprised of his sudden remark.
 

"Huh?" Ofcourse I heard him. But it was all I could say when I was more than willing to believe in it.
 

"Just be careful, Hannah-ssi. People would throw rocks at things that shine."