Someday

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish

***
 

"Kamsahamnida Kai-ssi!" I made a 90 degree bow, facing the rolled out window where Kai was waving at me.

After a long awkward trip back to Seoul, I was now standing in front of eomeoni's house. The sun was still straight up and it made my eyes squint as I turned back to Kai.

I met his slanted eyes that went with his pleasing smirk. I was able to notice his facial features now, but I couldn't point a finger on specific details that would match with my boyfriend's. I don't know but I couldn't see any similarity between them. Maybe I had mastered Taemin's face a lot, and it was too familiar to me now, that I was somehow blinded.

"Your always welcome! Don't hesitate on calling me okay?" I nodded while clutching his calling card in my hand. He had handed me his number and asked me to call him if I needed anything. 

Really? Would I ever have the guts to call him in the middle of his busy schedule?

"Bye! Take care Hannah-ssi! Say hi to umma for me!" He said before the window closed and the car drove off.

Aissh...Taemin...you didn't said it would be your oh-so-famous bestfriend who would take me home. You're just as stupid as ever.

I was left smiling as I turned to the gates. But before I could knock on it, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I hurriedly pulled it out, feeling that it would be Taemin to ask me if I'm already home. 

But I was betrayed by my expectations, when I found out that it was grandpa who's calling. And I had missed 3 calls from him already. This troubled me because he won't usually bother on calling me again if I don't answer the first one. It could only mean something different.

"Neh-grandpa?" My voice raced. "What's wrong? I'm sorry I didn't picked up earlier."

"Yeah, neh.. Are you busy?"

"Uh, aniyo... Wae grandpa?"

"It seems like you're in a hurry...I just called to let you know that I'm here in Seoul now." His voice sounded calm, so as his chuckles that cracked through the line.

"Jeongmal?! Aishh...Grandpa~ I thought you'll be asking me to go home to our country." I sighed while he laughed on the other line.

"Sounds like you have no plans on leaving huh? Well, I'll pick you up in a while. We'll go shopping and I have a big surprise for you, my pearl."



 

***
 

"You're leaving again? You haven't told me about Jeju yet...come on Li Hannah." Eomeoni sank comfortably on the sofa while wriggling her eyebrows, encouraging me to spit out the intimate part she was seeking.

I had finished fixing myself and I was just waiting for grandpa to pick me up. 

"I-I think I've told you everything earlier, eomeoni." I suppressed a smile and avoided her suspecting eyes.

"Chincha? That was it? You drive and drive, you stay up late, you sleep a little, then my son left for his tours and Kai sent you here? Hmm...it didn't sound so convincing for sweethearts like you though." She stated while giving me a closer look.

My eyes were shifting as I smiled at her. Then, we heard a couple of honks outside. This made me jump in relief, that I could finally escape eomeoni's intimidating anticipation.

"Okay, okay...I surrender. Keep your interesting secrets for now." She merely rolled her eyes as I stood up and ran to the front porch.

She then followed and we both walked together to the gates. Just as it was opened, grandpa's smiling face beamed before us. Then I quickly hugged him as they exchanged excited greetings to each other.

It wasn't long after their little conversation ended and we bid goodbyes. Eomeoni had went back in and grandpa and I jumped in the back seat of the familiar car. I noticed it was mr. Goon driving and he recognized me too.

 

After grandpa and I ate lunch at a first-class restaurant and shopped through huge malls, we're now back in the car, still conversing about that one fact that made him gasp in disbelief. I've told him that my ultimate bias, Lee Taemin and I was now sharing a private relationship.

Okay that was a tough thing to share to him. But, remember that we're surprisingly the closest? I could probably count him as my bestfriend. And I know he would keep this thing from my parents. 'Cause he knew how it mean so much to me.

"So, you're really loving it here huh?" Grandpa turned at me and my wide smile had mirrored his.

"Ofcourse grandpa. It's the best vacation ever. Thanks to you..." 

"Well, I'm positive you're gonna love my biggest surprise for you." He grinned in his own.

"Surprise? Hmm...what is it grandpa? I'm nervous." 

"We're going there now. Oh I just hope you wouldn't faint." He chuckled and it just made me more curious, and my heart was pounding hard on my chest.
 

I watched out the car's dark tinted window as we drove slowly through a pretty village of modern houses. The neighborhood was neat and greens were beautifully casted through the healthy grounds. The place looks peaceful as the tree's branches flowed calmly with the wind.

Then the car made a full stop in front of a 2-storey house with fresh shades of dirty white. Grandpa's door budged open and I turned at him in surprise. He gestured for me to follow him and I did.

Now we were standing in front of a brown gate. It has a number 8 imprinted at the center, and I notice a doorbell attached on the stone wall next to it.

"Grandpa...why are we here? Who's house is this?" My eyes peeked inside. It sure has a big lawn which was mowed in perfection. 

He didn't answered. He pressed on the doorbell instead and I heard the buzz through the house. I focused on the door as I waited for someone to go out from it. But there was no one, so I turned to grandpa, only to find him holding back on what I think was a huge wave of laughter.

And so, he did burst out laughing and I just frowned at him, struggling to figure out what was so funny. 

"Grandpa~?" I whined as he quieted down, but he continued smiling. His arm leaned around my shoulders as he turned to the dazzling house before us.

"This...would be your house someday." He stated calmly.

His words didn't seem to register quickly in my head, but when it did, I feel like I had a lot of air in surprise. I turned to grandpa with bulging and questioning eyes, and he nodded many times just to confirm what I was asking mentally.

"After you finish school in the Philippines, you are free to live and work here. But for now, this will serve as a vacation house." He explained while I bounced in joy. 

He knew I was dreaming of living in Seoul in the future, and this was just granting it big time. I hugged him tightly and thanked him over and over again, just as I would always do. 

"Can I check it out?" I asked. 

My face was already numb from smiling to my ears the whole time. He smiled and handed me the keys and I hurriedly open the gate and went inside. Grandpa followed me as I opened the front door. And then my eyes met the spacious room where a lot of furnitures were already in its places.

It was big. Well, the whole place would be good for five people. And the fact that grandpa was giving this as a gift for me. Uh-oh, I guess I'm really so spoiled after all.


 

***
 

I shifted like crazy on my bed. I should be asleep now, but I kept on checking on my phone. I had been like this since I got home here in eomeoni's house, and read Taemin's message. 

It was almost midnight and he hadn't called me yet, which he had promised in his text. I held my phone and stared at his number. I was thinking of calling him first, but I couldn't just hit the call button. I couldn't risk to bother him in any way. He's been very busy and taking a rest would be better than calling me. 

My eyelids were getting heavier. And they were about to close, just when my phone began to vibrate in my palm. My eyes suddenly darted open by impulse. I was so happy. So happy to see my boyfriend's name on the screen. 

I sat up and hurriedly answered it. 

"Oppa~ I thought I wouldn't hear your voice tonight." I cooed in relief. 

"Jagi, I miss you..." His husky voice sent shivers on my skin. "I miss you so much, I want to teleport there now."

I giggled while blushing on my own. I already missed him a lot too, even though it's only been hours that we've been apart.

"Me too oppa. How's the concert?"

"Tiring as usual. It just ended actually.. By the way, how was Kai?" I heard him chuckle.

"Yah! Did you know I almost kissed him because I thought it was you?" I teased.

"What?! Are you serious? Jagi...I would be telling you next time for sure."

"Yeah, that's right...you know what could possibly happen if--"

"Are you playing with me? I'm starting to get jealous, you know." He cut me off and I laughed my head out.

"Aishh...I'm just kidding. My boyfriend is so cute~ Aigoo."

"Don't say that. You know I can't kiss you...or rip your clothes off now."

"I couldn't pinch your cheeks either." I bluntly said, then I heard him grunt.

"You better get ready when I come back Jagi. I'm not too nice when I'm starved." He tried to sound intimidating. But I wasn't scared at all. I was somehow looking forward to it now.

"Gurae. I'll wait for my not so innocent boyfriend." I hummed as I slammed myself back to the bed. I was sleepy, but I want to hear his voice some more.
 

"Jagi...I love you. Let's rest now." 

"I love you too oppa. And...I have good news to tell you when you come back." 

I smiled thinking about the house I'll be living in, after I finish college. We wouldn't be worrying about parting ways in a couple of years anymore. Because I would sure be coming back to stay by his side as long as he wanted me to.