Come Back (SOONHOON)

nightStar's One-Shots Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon never thought that this day would come so soon. He never even imagined that this day would come at all. The lively cheerful Soonyoung now lying almost lifelessly, he never knew it was possible. He held Soonyoung’s hand tightly. He clung onto it last night and realized that it might have hurt Soonyoung. His hand was still warm, but Jihoon knew it wasn’t the same. It didn’t hold him. It didn’t touch him. It didn’t even move.

Jihoon never knew that he could cry this hard. He begged so hard, to everyone and everything to wake Soonyoung up, to bring that boy back to him. Soonyoung would never be this quiet. Jihoon cried and cried, his hand never left Soonyoung’s.

Jihoon never knew that he would be the one to say goodbye to Soonyoung first. He didn’t want to. It had been more than seventeen days since the doctor gave up. Jihoon had been told to say his goodbye seventeen days ago. All of his friends had done so. His eyes were red from the non stop crying. He looked at Soonyoung’s peaceful face. He shook his head.

“No.. No, I can’t.”

He held Soonyoung’ hand close to his face and kissed those delicate fingers. He lost track of time again. Soonyoung’s mom came to remain him. She had been crying too. Jihoon just couldn’t understand why people were so easy to let Soonyoung go. He couldn’t. As she patted his back and left, Jihoon nodded.

“Soonyoung-ahh. You can hear me, right?”

He bit back his sobs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter